Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Chepicoro
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by Chepicoro »

NautiLaus wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:20 pm Scenario Rome AirDefense: Script error on turn 16...
script error_RomeAD_turn16.jpg

the 43NH-campaign is very beasty, sometimes horrible, but the mass of material shown by the allies is exact that what german commanders had to face in that time...

The hordes of allied aircraft are infinite?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Chepicoro wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:49 pm
NautiLaus wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:20 pm Scenario Rome AirDefense: Script error on turn 16...

the 43NH-campaign is very beasty, sometimes horrible, but the mass of material shown by the allies is exact that what german commanders had to face in that time...

The hordes of allied aircraft are infinite?
yes, once u kill an enemy plane the exact same plane will spawn and go at u 2 turns later.

sers,
Thomas
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

Grondel wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:09 pm
yes, once u kill an enemy plane the exact same plane will spawn and go at u 2 turns later.

sers,
Thomas
Yepp, I was real astonished when I recognized it in the 1st turn, after shooting down one of them, on the Mapside the new 'bird' appears! From then on, I only took care of my order...

Keep up this excellent work!
Mors certa, Hora incerta.
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

Grondel wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:26 pm

This error is due to mediocre game code. if u switch lines 672 and 673 the error will no longer occur(happens when enemy unit kills itself during its move)

sers,
Thomas
I don't understand the meaning of 'switch lines 672 and 673' - when I Look in LUA's then I had 2 or 3 of them open to compare, in this case, I was not able to look, because the name of the files are not the names in the game (and than better put my Fingers away).

Szenario Operation Avalanche: the recon hero doesn't appear at turn 15 (he was alive) - Best Salerno Szenario I played since Panzer General - Respekt!
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

NautiLaus wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:52 pm I don't understand the meaning of 'switch lines 672 and 673' - when I Look in LUA's then I had 2 or 3 of them open to compare, in this case, I was not able to look, because the name of the files are not the names in the game (and than better put my Fingers away).
in line 672 the script checks the units owner:

if unit.owner_id ~= 0 then return end

if the unit managed to kill itself with an attack the unit is no more and therefore can not have an owner causing the error message.

in line 673 the script ckecks the target position of the moving unit, which is the undeploy hex:

if (not IsItemInTable(reserve_position, action.position)) then return end

if u switch the two the error may still occur but only if the enemy unit manages to kill itself when moving onto the undeploy hex which is hopefully never ;)
NautiLaus wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:52 pm Szenario Operation Avalanche: the recon hero doesn't appear at turn 15 (he was alive) - Best Salerno Szenario I played since Panzer General - Respekt!
That script is still a bit bitchy, ddue to player acting second i guess. at turn 15 plus, if u have 4+ comm points and move his recon the script should trigger. maybe ur version is not the one i have here atm. if so should work with next update.

as always thx for the feedback.

sers,
Thomas
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

Grondel wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:05 pm
NautiLaus wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:52 pm Szenario Operation Avalanche: the recon hero doesn't appear at turn 15 (he was alive) - Best Salerno Szenario I played since Panzer General - Respekt!
That script is still a bit bitchy, ddue to player acting second i guess. at turn 15 plus, if u have 4+ comm points and move his recon the script should trigger. maybe ur version is not the one i have here atm. if so should work with next update.

as always thx for the feedback.

sers,
Thomas
thanks for your quick response, every time when I move the recon, this script error appears...
script error_Salerno_turn15.jpg
script error_Salerno_turn15.jpg (70.82 KiB) Viewed 778 times
I changed the string 697 in the following way and will start Salerno new (cause Schlepple is very welcome here :lol: ):
local choose_action = world:MakeChooseAction(0, message, "ProcessChoice") - like the event in woronesh

Just for my own understanding, to the Defend Rome script: I don't understand the meaning of switch, should I turn the 672 into the 673 (and vice versa?). But this is not so important, because it had no influence to my gameplay...
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

NautiLaus wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:24 pm Just for my own understanding, to the Defend Rome script: I don't understand the meaning of switch, should I turn the 672 into the 673 (and vice versa?). But this is not so important, because it had no influence to my gameplay...
the error has no effect besides the annoying red pop up.
turn this:
local unit = world:GetUnit(action.unit)
into this
local unit = world:GetUnit(action.unit)
to remove it.
NautiLaus wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:24 pm every time when I move the recon, this script error appears...
script error_Salerno_turn15.jpg

I changed the string 697 in the following way and will start Salerno new (cause Schlepple is very welcome here :lol: ):
local choose_action = world:MakeChooseAction(0, message, "ProcessChoice") - like the event in woronesh
this will not work since the player is not 0 in that scenario he is 2. working on a solution. ;)

sers,
Thomas
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

Yepp, right, player 2, changed format like in Novorossiysk2 and give it a try, if this doesn't work, I will wait for the update (and have a Look than to the LUA...;-)
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

Now it works...
Screnschot_Salerno_Schlepple.jpg
Screnschot_Salerno_Schlepple.jpg (51.58 KiB) Viewed 717 times
It seems to me that a LUA script is sometimes very patient, but in terms of spelling or formatting it doesn't forgive any mistakes...
LUA.jpg
LUA.jpg (60.72 KiB) Viewed 717 times
The picture of Schlepple is very large...
Screnschot_Sizilia_Schlepple.jpg
Screnschot_Sizilia_Schlepple.jpg (46.39 KiB) Viewed 717 times
(Edited)
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

NautiLaus wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:14 am Now it works...
Screnschot_Salerno_Schlepple.jpg
It seems to me that a LUA script is sometimes very patient, but in terms of spelling or formatting it doesn't forgive any mistakes...
LUA.jpg
The picture of Schlepple is very large...
Screnschot_Sizilia_Schlepple.jpg
(Edited)
Schlepples picture looks mismatch, gonne check on that.

thx for the input.

sers,
Thomas
88Flak
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by 88Flak »

Finished the Africa Corps mini campaign following the victory in Moscow. What a great package of scenarios.

Gates of Cairo: British throw everything to retake Cairo. Massive frontal assault against the aux positions, but they left their flanks vulnerable. The paratroopers cause some havoc, but not unmanageable.

El Alamein: Are the flanking attack and frontal attack choices the same? I flanked the first time and went back to try to frontal assault and thought the same map came up.

Advance to Tobruk: More desert flanking fun. The bottleneck required a lot of management. The attempted behind-the-lines landings by the allies are vulnerable to air attack for a couple of turns which really weakens them by the time they hit the beaches. Still, I liked the concept.

Tobruk: The British east of the fortifications were pretty difficult to dislodge even with cutting them off. Once that was accomplished, taking Tobruk wasn't bad. The Americans can do some damage, but Panzer on Panzer you win. The sheer number of tank destroyers really gives them some backbone.

Lybia: Good design. Advancing up the coastal road and also along the shortcut. I let the Aux units take the road, while I advanced to the SE corner of the city and slugged it out with the Allied reinforcements.

Tunisia: Minefield hell. Gotta bring all your infantry to pick your way through them. The Allies seemed really tough to dig out in this scenario. I thought the reward make it worth it.

Algiers: Nice change of pace. Bring your fastest Panzers and some support units and race to the other edge of the map with two locations of dug-in Allies.

Morocco: This is an outstanding scenario. Tangiers is really, really well-defended. I struggled again to keep the Allied air power off me. American Strategic bombers pinned some of my units and slowed me down. The lack of a port on the Gibraltar side made it really tough to complete, but you already know that.

Can't say I have many suggestions for this branch. Simply outstanding. A couple of supply hubs are needed (you already know that) and I would request a few more slots for the navy. It's already a small and overmatched force and I'd like to get them all on the map to better defend themselves
Chepicoro

Post by Chepicoro »

88Flak wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:20 am

Morocco: This is an outstanding scenario. Tangiers is really, really well-defended. I struggled again to keep the Allied air power off me. American Strategic bombers pinned some of my units and slowed me down. The lack of a port on the Gibraltar side made it really tough to complete, but you already know that.

How to supply your troops without a port??? plz help
Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Chepicoro wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:17 am
88Flak wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:20 am

How to supply your troops without a port??? plz help

I ended up blockading the port to put their units out of supply, using the ersatz rudel in a stuka to kill the unit on the port and then landing a second wave there
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

88Flak wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:20 am El Alamein: Are the flanking attack and frontal attack choices the same? I flanked the first time and went back to try to frontal assault and thought the same map came up.
its the same map but u have a diff starting position and the enemy position is a bit different.
88Flak wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:20 am I would request a few more slots for the navy. It's already a small and overmatched force and I'd like to get them all on the map to better defend themselves
main problem with that is that i cannot restrict core slots to certain unit types. u should have enough positions to have the BBs Carrier and subs plus 2 destroyers per map. if i enhance the core slots they can be used for land battle as well.

thx for the imput.

sers,
Thomas
jugasa77
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by jugasa77 »

tpoo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:02 am Here is the link to the updated Grand Campaign files.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v33cy7pu ... 2.zip/file
The link seems to be missing.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

jugasa77 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:58 pm
tpoo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:02 am Here is the link to the updated Grand Campaign files.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v33cy7pu ... 2.zip/file
The link seems to be missing.
not sure when the first post will be updated. use this one for now:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ja3fqdgs ... 2.zip/file

sers,
Thomas
Chepicoro

Post by Chepicoro »

I finally beat Morocco, that was really hard and is probably the mission I repeated the most in all the game so far... really excellent mod.

However now I got another problem... What do you need to qualify to get access to the Sea Lion mission since the game told me "You have reached the end of the current campaign and did not manage to qualify to Sea Lion" :oops:

I have 27 commendation points and 11 victory points... maybe I have to replay the whole campaign I mean it was amazing.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Chepicoro wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:20 am I finally beat Morocco, that was really hard and is probably the mission I repeated the most in all the game so far... really excellent mod.

However now I got another problem... What do you need to qualify to get access to the Sea Lion mission since the game told me "You have reached the end of the current campaign and did not manage to qualify to Sea Lion" :oops:

I have 27 commendation points and 11 victory points... maybe I have to replay the whole campaign I mean it was amazing.
Sea Lion will be the next campaign, but will take a while till i start doing it.

sers,
Thomas
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Chepicoro wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:17 am How to supply your troops without a port??? plz help
For 99/100 scenarios i do u can apply the following rule:
If u feel this is impossible u are probably missing something or choosing the wrong aproach.
in roughly 1/100 scenarios i fucked up. ;)

for morocco the solution is quite easy.
U alrdy noticed that u are unable to support ur troops without a harbour in gibraltar.
The British have a harbour. What will happen if u block that harbour?

hope this helps.

sers,
Thomas
88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

I see your point on increasing deployment points - don’t want to unbalance the scenarios. How about a couple extra yellow deployment hexes and we decide if we want them or not?

Is there a way to bring on additional naval units as reinforcements?

Thanks.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”