Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

AKMAK74
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by AKMAK74 »

Streets of Moscow, all cities got no prestige reward
AKMAK74

Post by AKMAK74 »

Demyansk Pocket, I know it's a defensive battle, but still, all cities got no prestige reward :D
Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

For the Yugoslavia 1941 mission, Fritz Klingenberg's portrait is too big, hiding all the stats
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:58 pm For the Yugoslavia 1941 mission, Fritz Klingenberg's portrait is too big, hiding all the stats
thx for mentioning this. picture has been corrected alrdy and will be in first update next year.

sers,
Thomas
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

AKMAK74 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:40 am Demyansk Pocket, I know it's a defensive battle, but still, all cities got no prestige reward :D
thx for the input. first update next year will have prestige on those maps.

sers,
Thomas
pr0t0typ0
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by pr0t0typ0 »

Hi, I'm new around here. My name is Diego (or pr0t0typ0, or pr0t0... as you like) :D
Incredible game and incredible forum.
Well, on the subject... I have noticed that the map of Malta is upside down. Only for curiosity.
I hope you'll forgive me, my English isn't very perfect and I use google translator. :lol:
Greetings to all.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

pr0t0typ0 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:45 pm Hi, I'm new around here. My name is Diego (or pr0t0typ0, or pr0t0... as you like) :D
Incredible game and incredible forum.
Well, on the subject... I have noticed that the map of Malta is upside down. Only for curiosity.
I hope you'll forgive me, my English isn't very perfect and I use google translator. :lol:
Greetings to all.
hi proto. what makes u think its upside down?

sers,
Thomas
Chepicoro

Post by Chepicoro »

Amazing mod really Grondel to be honest I have more fun playing your mod that the official DLC, thank you very much for your effort.

But I have to ask your help again.... I have found some missions very hard (playing in field Marshall) but the last mission on Africa, Morocco I start to think that is broken.

My little navy need time to clean the sea from the superior british and american navies and need the support of my strategic bomber and fighters to give air cover, on land I am able to pass the minefield and capture the american airfields and ports but when I try to disembark on Spain to take Gibraltar, my tanks E-75 and E-50 don´t have the option to use naval transport and the few units that can cross the sea are doomed without a port.

Any ideas to complete Morocco? please help :oops:
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Chepicoro wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:06 am Amazing mod really Grondel to be honest I have more fun playing your mod that the official DLC, thank you very much for your effort.
But I have to ask your help again.... I have found some missions very hard (playing in field Marshall) but the last mission on Africa, Morocco I start to think that is broken.
My little navy need time to clean the sea from the superior british and american navies and need the support of my strategic bomber and fighters to give air cover, on land I am able to pass the minefield and capture the american airfields and ports but when I try to disembark on Spain to take Gibraltar, my tanks E-75 and E-50 don´t have the option to use naval transport and the few units that can cross the sea are doomed without a port.
Any ideas to complete Morocco? please help :oops:
E-100 and E-75 are super heavy vehicles and cannot be transported via landing craft. E-50 should be possible.
The weakness of the enemy fleets is the number of their DDs. while the british have only 3 the US has only 2 with their fleets. If u focus to sink those the rest of the ships are defenseless against ur 6 submarines.

When crossing is the supply blocked by the unaccessable terrain? is that the problem u try to tell me?
I'll take a look and add a supply hex or open a spanish harbour with next update.

sers,
Thomas
ADMIRAL3
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ADMIRAL3 »

The mod download in mediafire appears no more available. Can you recharge it? Tyvm.
Pzc1 is a superb dlc and since I had to reinstall PC2 would like to reinstall your splendid work too.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

ADMIRAL3 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:14 pm The mod download in mediafire appears no more available. Can you recharge it? Tyvm.
Pzc1 is a superb dlc and since I had to reinstall PC2 would like to reinstall your splendid work too.
please use the link posted with the latest update.
i don't know when the first post will be updated.

sers,
Thomas
Chepicoro

Post by Chepicoro »

Grondel wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:19 am

E-100 and E-75 are super heavy vehicles and cannot be transported via landing craft. E-50 should be possible.
The weakness of the enemy fleets is the number of their DDs. while the british have only 3 the US has only 2 with their fleets. If u focus to sink those the rest of the ships are defenseless against ur 6 submarines.

When crossing is the supply blocked by the unaccessable terrain? is that the problem u try to tell me?
I'll take a look and add a supply hex or open a spanish harbour with next update.

sers,
Thomas
Thanks for your help... answering your question, there is no way to supply my forces once they cross to Europe.
88Flak
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by 88Flak »

Got through 43 East NH. An outstanding mod. Some thoughts and requests.

Training: I get the reset - 19 new units and 8 air to mitigate the super corps effect after 3 1/2 years of fighting and gaining experience and hero’s. Any chance of doing things like the old west 42/43 where you pick your favorite/best units and leave the rest of the corps behind?

Maikop: Love it even with the horrible weather. Could I request a supply hub? I always seem to need replacements after some losses.

Rostov: Epic. One of my favorite battles of all time. It might be a little heavy on the IL-2M3 units with AT support and aiming assistance. Getting the bonus in the mud is deeply challenging. Maybe give us an extra 3 turns?

Kalmuck: Lots of ground to cover, but fun. Clearing the rail line in the north is a challenge. Supply hub?

Along the Volga: Love the combination of strategies. Hold the line while the main force of the river attacks the garrison and moves north and then gets into huge brawl just short of the final objective. Finish up by hunting a very tough Soviet tank unit.

Stalingrad: Those are the toughest partisans I’ve ever encountered. I end up ferrying over my training units to help.

Voronezh: Knocking out the command tank wasn’t that bad. Digging out entrenched Soviets was. Are the support units (AT and Arty) dug in too deep? Entrenchment of 10/5. Then comes the counterattack if you move too far east. Vicious. I had to retreat twice to shorten my line before I stabilized the situation.

Kuybyshev 43: I liked this special operation. Started smoothly, but went to hell once I hit the prototypes and swarms of Ilyushins. Would you consider using core units to do the diversionary attack? Maybe have them try to attack to the Sura River or Kuznetsk. I thought it might be a good opportunity to develop another multi-objective battle.

Gorky: Good design. The swarms of Ilyushins gave me multiple headaches again.

Battle of Moscow: Another Epic battle to enjoy. The only disappointment was that it ended the war in Russia. I was hoping things would continue into 1944.

Can’t wait to finish the current NH content.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

88Flak wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 pm Training: I get the reset - 19 new units and 8 air to mitigate the super corps effect after 3 1/2 years of fighting and gaining experience and hero’s. Any chance of doing things like the old west 42/43 where you pick your favorite/best units and leave the rest of the corps behind?
isn't that exactly what i did there? u pick the units and heroes u want to keep and place them on the map, all else gets removed.
88Flak wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 pm Maikop: Love it even with the horrible weather. Could I request a supply hub? I always seem to need replacements after some losses.
is alrdy in the next version. probaly with "move to reserve" hex,too.
88Flak wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 pm Rostov: Epic. One of my favorite battles of all time. It might be a little heavy on the IL-2M3 units with AT support and aiming assistance. Getting the bonus in the mud is deeply challenging. Maybe give us an extra 3 turns?
still balancing on this one. it heavily depends on how unlucky russia is with the weather. if u get raining/snowing streaks u can easily get rid of the enemy planes.
88Flak wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 pm Kalmuck: Lots of ground to cover, but fun. Clearing the rail line in the north is a challenge. Supply hub?
most scenarios will have supply hubs and "move to reserve" hexes when finished.
88Flak wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 pm Along the Volga: Love the combination of strategies. Hold the line while the main force of the river attacks the garrison and moves north and then gets into huge brawl just short of the final objective. Finish up by hunting a very tough Soviet tank unit.
88Flak wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 pm Stalingrad: Those are the toughest partisans I’ve ever encountered. I end up ferrying over my training units to help.
after 1 year of cityfighting only the toughest remain ;) still balancing on this one and looking for "events" to happen here.
88Flak wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 pm Voronezh: Knocking out the command tank wasn’t that bad. Digging out entrenched Soviets was. Are the support units (AT and Arty) dug in too deep? Entrenchment of 10/5. Then comes the counterattack if you move too far east. Vicious. I had to retreat twice to shorten my line before I stabilized the situation.
The main assault should be triggered by placing all the bunkers not by moving too far east. ;) maybe need to make this more clear in the briefing.
there is no reason to dig out that frontline. u just need to punch a hole or two to get the construction trucks past and then encircle the rest and leave them be.
88Flak wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 pm Kuybyshev 43: I liked this special operation. Started smoothly, but went to hell once I hit the prototypes and swarms of Ilyushins. Would you consider using core units to do the diversionary attack? Maybe have them try to attack to the Sura River or Kuznetsk. I thought it might be a good opportunity to develop another multi-objective battle.
the diversionary attack up there is just show. no real battle happening. the units i placed there and the ones u would trigger if moving too far north will eradicate the toughest of core units.
88Flak wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 pm Gorky: Good design. The swarms of Ilyushins gave me multiple headaches again.
the Wirbelwind u got in 2nd training combined with Buerger/Volz depending where u came from should help a lot. just keeps ur troops together.
88Flak wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 pm Battle of Moscow: Another Epic battle to enjoy. The only disappointment was that it ended the war in Russia. I was hoping things would continue into 1944.
what debriefing did u get after moscow? for some reasong the one i did disappeared and the one from the AO got put in there. can u confirm that?

as always thx for the feedback and have fun finishing the campaign.

sers,
Thomas
88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

Thanks Grondel,

Training: I just went back and started another NH campaign and I did not get the chance to import any of my old units. They only option was to buy new ones. I don’t think I restarted the entire GC1 campaign after the last update - just started 43NH. Would that preclude me from importing units from a previous version?

Thank you for the supply hubs.

Riga: The Panther tanks are worth all the commendation points they cost and them some. Maybe THE best reward units in the game.

Voronezh: I think I wondered too far east with a particularly adventurous Recon and stumbled onto the Soviets. I can’t remember them moving against me once I completed construction, but they did go after my Recon and kept going. I’ll have to try it again to see for sure.

I was able to use the Fallschirmjager you provided to encircle part the of line and eventually punch through to get the construction units to their deployments. It was pretty brutal.

The Me 262s are the second best reward units.

Kuybyshev and Gorky: Good point with the wirbelwind. I forgot to request 10 deployment slots for these operations instead of just 8. My units aren’t particularly overpowered versus what the Soviets throw at me and I find it tough to bring support units like Recon and AA when I need Panzers to repel flanking ground assaults.

Moscow (actually in Kummersdorf #2) Briefing: The success of our special operation forced the Russians into a peace treaty on our conditions. The supply lines from the Caucasus are busy and the eastern frontlines are being fortified. Most of this thanks to our Blitzstrum Division. Then it goes into troop leaves, visitors and equipment upgrades.

Thanks.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

88Flak wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:36 am Training: I just went back and started another NH campaign and I did not get the chance to import any of my old units. They only option was to buy new ones. I don’t think I restarted the entire GC1 campaign after the last update - just started 43NH. Would that preclude me from importing units from a previous version?
cores from 1942fictional(u leave stalingrad) and cores from AC-caucasus(u go to caucasus in persia) can be used to start 1943NH. if u played it with a complete fresh core u are short 50 something heroes with that force. ;)
if u navigate to C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My games\Panzer Corps 2\cores u will see the saved cores u have.Look for either
end_of_AfrikaCorpsficcaucasus_x or end_of_GC1942fic_x if u don't have any of those 2 u can rename one u have to make it work.

sers,
Thomas
88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

Ah, that makes some sense. I don’t have either one of those. I’ve never finished the Africa Corps PC2 NH because of the fatal crash in the East Africa battle, but I have finished the 42 NH were I break out of Stalingrad. I loaded the end of Tatsinskaya and created another one but it still didn’t save it right. I changed the name and it worked.

Much appreciated.
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

Scenario Rome AirDefense: Script error on turn 16...
script error_RomeAD_turn16.jpg
script error_RomeAD_turn16.jpg (49.58 KiB) Viewed 534 times
the 43NH-campaign is very beasty, sometimes horrible, but the mass of material shown by the allies is exact that what german commanders had to face in that time...
Mors certa, Hora incerta.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

NautiLaus wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:20 pm Scenario Rome AirDefense: Script error on turn 16...
script error_RomeAD_turn16.jpg

the 43NH-campaign is very beasty, sometimes horrible, but the mass of material shown by the allies is exact that what german commanders had to face in that time...
This error is due to mediocre game code. if u switch lines 672 and 673 the error will no longer occur(happens when enemy unit kills itself during its move)

sers,
Thomas
Sequester Grundleplith, MD

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

1943 notes: you probably already have this down for the next update, but for Sumy Training it would be good to have an upgrade hex for the Azul Infanterie

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”