Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by tpoo »

New Update to Panzer Corps 1 - Grand Campaign. Version 4.01.22
Please see the first post in this thread for the link to download the latest version.

As has been pointed out in recent posts Panzer Corps 1 - Grand Campaign is getting a major update.
The Change Log can be downloaded below.

Download Link for Change Log 4-1-2022

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8o2ppc8n ... 2.pdf/file
sapper1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sapper1 »

tpoo wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:48 am New Update to Panzer Corps 1 - Grand Campaign. Version 4.01.22
Please see the first post in this thread for the link to download the latest version.

As has been pointed out in recent posts Panzer Corps 1 - Grand Campaign is getting a major update.

Has this or will this also be updated for the Steam version? Thanks!
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

sapper1 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:15 pm
tpoo wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:48 am New Update to Panzer Corps 1 - Grand Campaign. Version 4.01.22

Has this or will this also be updated for the Steam version? Thanks!
It has been updated on Steam as well.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

I have temporarily removed the download link because we are going to do another update next week to fix some issues that have now been resolved in LUA scripting.
Resolute
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Resolute »

tpoo wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:47 am I have temporarily removed the download link because we are going to do another update next week to fix some issues that have now been resolved in LUA scripting.
Not sure if this will be part of the fix but when starting "Buzinovka Depot" there are two hero windows popups at the start of the scenario. I am pretty sure it's a bug. (file date is from 27/03)
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Resolute wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:36 pm Not sure if this will be part of the fix but when starting "Buzinovka Depot" there are two hero windows popups at the start of the scenario. I am pretty sure it's a bug. (file date is from 27/03)
it´s not a bug, those hero pop ups are the heros in the target assistents sitting near the dummies top left corner to assssist ur forces.

sadly i haven´t found a way to disable the popup at map start when assigning heros to friendly units.

sers,
Thomas
Resolute

Post by Resolute »

Grondel wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:35 pm
Resolute wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:36 pm Not sure if this will be part of the fix but when starting "Buzinovka Depot" there are two hero windows popups at the start of the scenario. I am pretty sure it's a bug. (file date is from 27/03)
it´s not a bug, those hero pop ups are the heros in the target assistents sitting near the dummies top left corner to assssist ur forces.

sadly i haven´t found a way to disable the popup at map start when assigning heros to friendly units.

sers,
Thomas
Thanks for clearing that up!
I just started "Escape from Stalingrad" and there is a string error at the start (nil value) - just in case that one got missed.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Resolute wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:19 pm Thanks for clearing that up!
I just started "Escape from Stalingrad" and there is a string error at the start (nil value) - just in case that one got missed.
found and squashed!

thx for reporting,
sers,
Thomas
sapper1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sapper1 »

Just played the Leningrad Scenario where you have to capture and emplace the artillery around the city. I failed the scenario because it said I only had 6/7 artillery locations captured. I had all hexes captured as well as the spawned artillery emplaced on the hex. Just an FYI in case its a bug in the scenario and not something strange on my end.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

sapper1 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:26 pm Just played the Leningrad Scenario where you have to capture and emplace the artillery around the city. I failed the scenario because it said I only had 6/7 artillery locations captured. I had all hexes captured as well as the spawned artillery emplaced on the hex. Just an FYI in case its a bug in the scenario and not something strange on my end.
thx for ur feedback,
just checked on the scenario, there was a typo in one of the target areas, fixed next patch.

Hint if u want to replay the mission, check out the hangar on the norther island ;)

sers,
Thomas
sapper1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sapper1 »

Grondel wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:13 pm
sapper1 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:26 pm Just played the Leningrad Scenario where you have to capture and emplace the artillery around the city. I failed the scenario because it said I only had 6/7 artillery locations captured. I had all hexes captured as well as the spawned artillery emplaced on the hex. Just an FYI in case its a bug in the scenario and not something strange on my end.
thx for ur feedback,
just checked on the scenario, there was a typo in one of the target areas, fixed next patch.

Hint if u want to replay the mission, check out the hangar on the norther island ;)

sers,
Thomas
I forgot to mention that I captured the hanger on the island as well.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

OK as promised we have updated Panzer Corps 1 Grand Campaign and the download is available on the 1st post of the thread.
There are significant changes to GC1942, GC1943 and Afrika Corps. The Afrika Corps non-historical branch is now complete and will save your core for even more adventures. For those Afrika Corps enthusiasts you will have to restart your campaign anew in order to take advantage of the finished Non-Historical branch.
Have Fun!!

Also for those of you playing on Steam, there is a Steam challenge you can check out for Grand Campaign.
Garb
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Garb »

Thank you for releasing this on a Saturday, which, as we all know, is the short day followed by a very long and dreadful Sunday evening!
deern357
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by deern357 »

Hi everyone,

I got a bug on my installation since the Grand Campaign update from early april: my flak units can not shoot enemy aircrafts anymore. Ground attack mode is OK but when I switch to AA mode I can not target enemy airkraft nor will flak fire at them when they attack my units. The Flak units of the ememy funktion normally and shoot my aircraft. Very annoying... :-(
When I switch to a AO scenario every thing is fine. When opening a Grand Campaign Scenario Flak is disabaled. The weather is sunny by the way...

I am running 1.02.04 and have already reinstalled the game with no effect.

Any hinds what is going wrong here?
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

deern357 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:11 am Hi everyone,

I got a bug on my installation since the Grand Campaign update from early april: my flak units can not shoot enemy aircrafts anymore. Ground attack mode is OK but when I switch to AA mode I can not target enemy airkraft nor will flak fire at them when they attack my units. The Flak units of the ememy funktion normally and shoot my aircraft. Very annoying... :-(
When I switch to a AO scenario every thing is fine. When opening a Grand Campaign Scenario Flak is disabaled. The weather is sunny by the way...

I am running 1.02.04 and have already reinstalled the game with no effect.

Any hinds what is going wrong here?
The problem may be If you are running the Units Tool Box Mod or the Storm Over Europe mod which uses the Units Tool Box mod there was an issue with the Flax not supporting. That was corrected with an update to both. So if you have not installed the updated files you would need to or just non enable those mods while playing Grand Campaign. Otherwise we would need more information.
Resolute

Post by Resolute »

Small bug at the Novgorod scenario: You can move a unit to 21,17 but the unit will not be able to move out again.
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

Afrika Korps:
What do you think about changing the stats of the fleet you can get? I mean I really like to have some ships in my core units, but also they got nice heroes, they are almost useless.
I think they should get experience much faster, so that the ships are at least a match for the british shpis. My battleships cant even deal with some destroyers, since they can only kill 2-3 units with a shoot.
There is a scenario when the british got some 2/3 star battleships, that can even hurt my tiger tanks, while my ships dont hit anything.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

@defiantxyx
i am currently playtesting africa corps myself, while away from home. i´ll be back in roughly a week and update the mod a week later.
thx for the feedback, will have an eye on the ships and have them appear with some xp or add fast learner to their heroes.

maybe once pacific is out we could add a training scenario for the fleet. ;)

sers,
Thomas
PWHERREN
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by PWHERREN »

I recently finished playing all of the Grand Campaign through 1943, excepting GC Africa Corps, which I am starting now.

Really, really enjoyed it! Thanks so much guys for making this happen. Every PanzerCorps veteran has been waiting for the opportunity to replay PanzerCorps1 with the PanzerCorps2 game engine, and that's exactly what you have achieved.

It was especially appreciated because of the long, long wait till AO1943 -- you guys helped fill the gap.

I hope you will keep going, all the way till the bitter end of 1945.

Well done, Grondel & Company!

PATRICK
PWHERREN
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by PWHERREN »

Was it just my imagination, or was the AI significantly more aggressive in your Grand Campaign, compared to the original PanzerCorps1?

If so, was that on purpose? Was it the result of settings decisions you made, or is the AI in PanzerCorps2 simply more aggressive?

[I liked the aggressive nature of the AI. Made it harder, which is always good!]

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”