Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by Grondel »

88Flak wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:52 pm I deactivated the Storm Over Europe-Mod, but it didn't make a difference. Do I need to do something additional to make sure the toolbox mod is disabled or is it something simple like rebooting my system?
just deactivating the mod in the modmanager will prevent sudden crashes from interfering unit changes.

if this is the errormessage u get:
'/Game/Campaign/GC1943/13Kremenchug/Kremenchug.map'.

the game cannot find the map obviously. I do not have the tools to dissect ur savegame and see what might have gone wrong. If u don't have that same problem when starting a new 1943 campaign there is nothing else i can do, but wish you an exciting replay of 1943 ;)

sers,
Thomas
88Flak
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by 88Flak »

Thanks again Grondel.

It looks like I may have some sort of issue I can't resolve. I've restarted GC43 a couple of times and it always crashes at the same spot. Now I started playing GC Africa and am getting a fatal unreal engine crash after the second scenario.

Frustrating day.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

88Flak wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:01 pm Thanks again Grondel.

It looks like I may have some sort of issue I can't resolve. I've restarted GC43 a couple of times and it always crashes at the same spot. Now I started playing GC Africa and am getting a fatal unreal engine crash after the second scenario.

Frustrating day.
that does sound like some deeper problem than just the mod. u can try to clear the cache(it us in the option/other area) that often helps resolving weird and unexplainable issues. should do that once in a while since it tends to grow bigger and bigger over time.

sers,
Thomas
Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

88Flak wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:01 pm Thanks again Grondel.

Frustrating day.
Shot in the dark, but you're not hitting the "continue" button on the victory screen before the screen finishes loading, are you?
That's the most consistent source of between mission crashes for me
88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

One final question before I give up for the day.

Thought I'd take a look at the 1943EastNH content so I downloaded the most recent update in the first post and extracted it to Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Mods/Panzer Corps 1. Then went in and made sure the mod was activated, but it's not showing up in the new campaign selection screen. Am I doing something obviously wrong? Thanks.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

88Flak wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:59 am One final question before I give up for the day.

Thought I'd take a look at the 1943EastNH content so I downloaded the most recent update in the first post and extracted it to Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Mods/Panzer Corps 1. Then went in and made sure the mod was activated, but it's not showing up in the new campaign selection screen. Am I doing something obviously wrong? Thanks.
nothing obvious.

what might have happened:
u need to import the folder into Documents\My games\Panzer Corps 2\Mods since the PanzerCorps1 folder comes with the download. overwright all if asked for it.

other than that no idea what might have happened.

since u didn´t download that version before it seems, no wonder Kremenchug was still broken for u. ;)

u might want to give it a try after this update.

sers,
Thomas
88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

Thanks Grondel - I'll keep trying, the content is worth it.

I did notice one strange thing. My system seems to have an extra step and I wonder if it's defaulting to an earlier version.

Documents/MyGames/Panzercorps2/Mods/Panzercorps1/Panzercorps1

The campaigns folder is updated to 11/3/22 in the second one, but there is also a campaigns folder in the first one that has an update date of 5/7/22. In that one, the modification date for GC43 is 2/9/22, and no 1943EastNH.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

88Flak wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:50 pm Thanks Grondel - I'll keep trying, the content is worth it.

I did notice one strange thing. My system seems to have an extra step and I wonder if it's defaulting to an earlier version.

Documents/MyGames/Panzercorps2/Mods/Panzercorps1/Panzercorps1

The campaigns folder is updated to 11/3/22 in the second one, but there is also a campaigns folder in the first one that has an update date of 5/7/22. In that one, the modification date for GC43 is 2/9/22, and no 1943EastNH.
Let's clean that up. ;)

- navigate to Documents/MyGames/Panzercorps2/Mods
- delete the Panzercorps1 folders in the mods
- unpack the zip file u downloaded from the first post into Documents/MyGames/Panzercorps2/Mods

this should clean up the mods area.

after starting the game u will have to reenable the mod in the modmanager.

Let me know if u have any more issues.

sers,
Thomas
Garb
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Garb »

88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

I appreciate all the help. Good news first. My files are cleaned up and I'm getting the 1943NH content. That second scenario is EPIC! I can't wait until we get the full slate.

The bad news is when I go to start a new campaign and try to import a corps, it loads about 75% of the way and then I get an Unreal process crash. For all PC1 campaigns. If I load without importing a corps it goes fine. I can load the AO campaigns with imported corps without a problem.

Here's the code: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000530

Thoughts?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

88Flak wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:24 pm The bad news is when I go to start a new campaign and try to import a corps, it loads about 75% of the way and then I get an Unreal process crash. For all PC1 campaigns. If I load without importing a corps it goes fine. I can load the AO campaigns with imported corps without a problem.

Here's the code: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000530

Thoughts?
since u are using more mods than just PC1-grand campaign remake i would start looking there. If u try to import a core with different mods active than when u created that core it can cause lots of problems. Especially when units have been changed.Thats why i would recommend using only one mod at a time to prevent those issues.

sers,
Thomas
88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

Makes sense. SOE is the only other Mod I have and it's deactivated. I'll probably wait until the next update (since I'll be busy with AO44 for a while) and restart the GC from scratch. Maybe even delete the old imports.
88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

What is the last playable scenario in East1943NH?

Thanks.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

88Flak wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:05 pm What is the last playable scenario in East1943NH?

Thanks.
in the current version for download i think stalingrad but not 100% sure.

sers,
Thomas
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

I LOVE this mod! As others have noted, there is a 600-strength infantry unit in the pre-Oslo training scenario, and there are no bridges over the rivers. I cheat-coded the 600-strength unit out of existence, but in fording the rivers, I discovered something interesting. I deployed two bridge engineers for this purpose, and after the other units crossed, I directed the bridge engineers to attack the practice targets (one soft, one hard). I discovered that the bridge engineers gained experience exactly as quickly as the other infantry units.

In other words, if one wanted to "game" this scenario, one could field bridge engineers instead of any other infantry units, as they can be upgraded to another infantry type afterwards, leaving more slots available to train air and armored units. This may be why the official campaign imposes a cap on the number of units that one can deploy in its training missions.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

robman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:36 pm I LOVE this mod! As others have noted, there is a 600-strength infantry unit in the pre-Oslo training scenario, and there are no bridges over the rivers. I cheat-coded the 600-strength unit out of existence, but in fording the rivers, I discovered something interesting. I deployed two bridge engineers for this purpose, and after the other units crossed, I directed the bridge engineers to attack the practice targets (one soft, one hard). I discovered that the bridge engineers gained experience exactly as quickly as the other infantry units.

In other words, if one wanted to "game" this scenario, one could field bridge engineers instead of any other infantry units, as they can be upgraded to another infantry type afterwards, leaving more slots available to train air and armored units. This may be why the official campaign imposes a cap on the number of units that one can deploy in its training missions.
the 600 str inf will be gone next update and replaced by the target dummy it should have been.

as to the infantrie. i designed the scenario to train air and artillerie units only. guess i will have to change the river into something else that can´t be crossed by bridge engineers.,)

thx for the feedback.

sers,
Thomas
Resolute
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Resolute »

Grondel wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:12 pm
robman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:36 pm I LOVE this mod! As others have noted, there is a 600-strength infantry unit in the pre-Oslo training scenario, and there are no bridges over the rivers. I cheat-coded the 600-strength unit out of existence, but in fording the rivers, I discovered something interesting. I deployed two bridge engineers for this purpose, and after the other units crossed, I directed the bridge engineers to attack the practice targets (one soft, one hard). I discovered that the bridge engineers gained experience exactly as quickly as the other infantry units.

the 600 str inf will be gone next update and replaced by the target dummy it should have been.

as to the infantrie. i designed the scenario to train air and artillerie units only. guess i will have to change the river into something else that can´t be crossed by bridge engineers.,)

thx for the feedback.

sers,
Thomas
I would somehow leave as it is. It's quite nice to level up some neglected units, besides art units get xp fairly fast anyway. The cap is two stars so even if you level some units up, they do not become over powered. You could always reduce the number of ground units that can be deployed, maybe to four or something.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

I finally started this mod :D

i havent played far into it, so its to early for a deep feedback, so far im enjoying it. (The Rudel Strat Hero is <3 <3 <3)

But as an early feedback:
There seems to be a big gap in difficulty between the prelude and 39 Poland so far. I experienced the prelude as way "harder" than the start of 39. Thats no complain, but if the prelude is for new or unexperienced players to learn stuff like "landings" and how to build a useful coreforce, it feels a little too tough compared to what comes next.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Bee1976 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:23 pm i havent played far into it, so its to early for a deep feedback, so far im enjoying it. (The Rudel Strat Hero is <3 <3 <3)
if u alrdy love rudel wait what i did with wittmann ;)
Bee1976 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:23 pm But as an early feedback:
There seems to be a big gap in difficulty between the prelude and 39 Poland so far. I experienced the prelude as way "harder" than the start of 39. Thats no complain, but if the prelude is for new or unexperienced players to learn stuff like "landings" and how to build a useful coreforce, it feels a little too tough compared to what comes next.
I don´t expect ppl who have not played the basegame/the AO campaign to be playing this mod.
The main reason for the preludes is to build a core force to start '39 with units to the players liking and make sure there is some basic understanding of mechanics since the "enemy" will be using them.
The first couple scenarios of '39 are fairly easy, thats pretty much the way it has been, but after the first shock the Polish will be more and more resilient.

thx for the feedback, keep it coming ;)

sers,
Thomas
robman

Post by robman »

Bee1976 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:23 pm There seems to be a big gap in difficulty between the prelude and 39 Poland so far. I experienced the prelude as way "harder" than the start of 39. Thats no complain, but if the prelude is for new or unexperienced players to learn stuff like "landings" and how to build a useful coreforce, it feels a little too tough compared to what comes next.
I agree that the "Landing" scenario is surprisingly difficult. Even as an experienced player, it took multiple attempts before I figured it out. The main difficulty is the size of the enemy air force. In the preceding scenario, if memory serves, you have three auxiliary fighters, but in the Landing scenario you have none, while facing an enemy air force of roughly the same size as before.

My solution: Deploy two AA guns, four fighters, and one fighter-bomber, and let the enemy fighters strike first. Taking the mainland objective without Stukas or strat bombers is a slog, but this way at least I get there.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”