Best of luck Capn
gribol
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Opponent stops playing

Post by gribol »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:46 am
Pi2k wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:18 pm
Or will the system look at the time that players were active and prefer the one who made their turns more frequently?
Yes, it works on the total time the game spent in each player's in-tray during the round.
If you can clearyfing that a little:
- If we play at tournament, we make few turns, result is 0:0 and opponent just dont make another turn - will i have got receive any points?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

gribol wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:55 am
Pi2k wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:18 pm
Or will the system look at the time that players were active and prefer the one who made their turns more frequently?
Yes, it works on the total time the game spent in each player's in-tray during the round.
- If we play at tournament, we make few turns, result is 0:0 and opponent just dont make another turn - will i have got receive any points?
If the game has spent more time in his in-tray overall (over the whole round), you will get 75 points for each game.
Richard Bodley Scott

gribol

Post by gribol »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:02 am If the game has spent more time in his in-tray overall (over the whole round), you will get 75 points for each game.
Thank you for that, thats a good news.
gribol

Post by gribol »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:02 am

If the game has spent more time in his in-tray overall (over the whole round), you will get 75 points for each game.
I have got received 0 points.
Can you check that? Are the scripts work properly?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

gribol wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:22 am
Your opponent timed out in both games. You should have received 75 points for each game. There are a couple of matchups like that. We are looking into it.
Richard Bodley Scott

gribol

Post by gribol »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:54 am
gribol wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:22 am

Your opponent timed out in both games. You should have received 75 points for each game. There are a couple of games like that. We are looking into it.
Thanks.
Captainwaltersavage
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Captainwaltersavage »

rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:20 am They do exist but did not often take effect in previous (Ancients) tournaments because they only kicked in if the player played less than 12 turns. The current Medieval tournament has that set to 24 turns.

What should happen, therefore, if your opponent has ceased to play, is that you will score 75 points (if that is more than your current score) and his existing score will be reduced by multiplying by the number of turns played / 24.
I was surprised to see I received zero points despite the fact that my opponent only started to play the game the Friday before the deadline. We managed about 8 turns I think. I did my best to get as many turns in as possible, I was starting to make some progress but there was not enough time for me to win anything. What did I get wrong? I seem to have misunderstood how the system works. I thought I would get 75 points for each game.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Captainwaltersavage wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:53 am
rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:20 am They do exist but did not often take effect in previous (Ancients) tournaments because they only kicked in if the player played less than 12 turns. The current Medieval tournament has that set to 24 turns.

What should happen, therefore, if your opponent has ceased to play, is that you will score 75 points (if that is more than your current score) and his existing score will be reduced by multiplying by the number of turns played / 24.
I was surprised to see I received zero points despite the fact that my opponent only started to play the game the Friday before the deadline. We managed about 8 turns I think. I did my best to get as many turns in as possible, I was starting to make some progress but there was not enough time for me to win anything. What did I get wrong? I seem to have misunderstood how the system works. I thought I would get 75 points for each game.
You should have got 75 points for each game.

We are looking to see if it can be rectified.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

We think that the scoring error was caused by the server glitch that prevented the round ending correctly and the new round starting automatically.

gribol, Captainwaltersavage and Maddah have now been awarded their proper Round 2 scores.
Richard Bodley Scott

gribol

Post by gribol »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:53 pm We think that the scoring error was caused by the server glitch that prevented the round ending correctly and the new round starting automatically.

gribol, Captainwaltersavage and Maddah have now been awarded their proper Round 2 scores.
Thank you for help.
OmegaOm
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by OmegaOm »

Just a shame people really have to cheat in a tournament that you win nothing but bragging rights. What do they have to brag about.
grahamed
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by grahamed »

OmegaOm wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:20 pm Just a shame people really have to cheat in a tournament that you win nothing but bragging rights. What do they have to brag about.
Well i am convinced that actual cheating through deliberate delay will be a very small fraction of the small number of games that timeout. Most will doubtless be oversight or some sort of personal issue. I am aware that the latter is the cause of at least one of the games last round.
NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by NikiforosFokas »

rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:12 pm
JonJonJon wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Is there a bit of an exploit here with the 24 turns? For example, say one paired turn gets played per day. Quite common if the two players are in different time zones. Sometimes the odd day will be missed. Player one avoids engaging units with player two while camping an edge of the map. Player two spends time getting into an assault position. Player one further retreats to another section of the map while player two shifts into another assault position and continues his advance. After the two weeks, time runs out with 11 of 24 played - therefore less than the 24 individual turns, with maybe a few outlying units routed. Player one timing their turns so that player two has them in his inbox longer. Player one gets 150 points without ever trying to engage, while player two gets next to nothing despite attempting to push forward.
Potentially, which is why it was previously set at 12 turns to prevent this sort of thing. Some people will always attempt to game any system.

But some people got so angry about players "deliberately stopping playing" that we are trying 24 turns for this tournament and see how it goes.

"Player one timing their turns so that player two has them in his inbox longer." might be hard to achieve, especially if the other player twigs what is going on. After all even if he sleeps for 8 hours, then plays a turn immediately on waking, there are 16 hours left in the day. So in order to not to be the one timed out, the nefarious player would have to play 2 turns per day, which would finish the battle anyway.

Anyway, we will see whether the new system leads to less screams of outraged protest than the old system, and if not, we will have to think of something else. Like, perhaps, pointing out that it is just a game!
Or maybe all the problems like this will solved with a live multiplayer 😉
For Byzantium!!
OmegaOm
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by OmegaOm »

I am having the opposite problem where my Opponent did not start this round till today. Last time this happened, my opponent started game 2 days before end of tourny. I ended up getting docked points for not participating, just cause he happened to be the last one to make a turn.

You want a fix to this problem, here. I think there should be a rule, if the game did not complete the person who did not play the most days, loses the match, plane and simple, done. illuminates all these problems.

So my opponent did not play for 12 days. If game doent complete he loses. So he basically lost. i can play it to try to score more points if I chose. But snooze you lose. Dont sign up if you cant play.

Nevermind about 12 turns. We are both stuck on the same turns.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

OmegaOm wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:08 pm I am having the opposite problem where my Opponent did not start this round till today. Last time this happened, my opponent started game 2 days before end of tourny. I ended up getting docked points for not participating, just cause he happened to be the last one to make a turn.

You want a fix to this problem, here. I think there should be a rule, if the game did not complete the person who did not play the most days, loses the match, plane and simple, done. illuminates all these problems.

So my opponent did not play for 12 days. If game doent complete he loses. So he basically lost. i can play it to try to score more points if I chose. But snooze you lose. Dont sign up if you cant play.

Nevermind about 12 turns. We are both stuck on the same turns.
Not quite sure how that happened. The timer starts from the beginning of the round, and the player who has the game in his in-tray the longest overall gets timed out.

It is nothing whatsoever to do with who was the last one to take a turn.
Richard Bodley Scott

OmegaOm
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by OmegaOm »

Last Medeival Tournament round I played 15 turns in the 2 week period. and I got timed out. This battle was going to be long unfinished one. I do not think nobody should get timed out in these circumstances.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

OmegaOm wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:53 pm Last Medeival Tournament round I played 15 turns in the 2 week period. and I got timed out. This battle was going to be long unfinished one. I do not think nobody should get timed out in these circumstances.
I am not entirely sure what you mean.
Richard Bodley Scott

OmegaOm
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by OmegaOm »

I played every day, did 15 turns, i got timed out penalty. Only guess that I was the one who did not do that last move. I do my turns in the morning and round was over by then.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

OmegaOm wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:00 pm I played every day, did 15 turns, i got timed out penalty. Only guess that I was the one who did not do that last move. I do my turns in the morning and round was over by then.

You were timed out because the game spent more time overall in your in tray than it did in your opponent's.

It is nothing to do with who does the last move.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval - Tournaments & Leagues”