Type of hero probability

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa
Contact:

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by goose_2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:26 am

If you look at Soren's breakdown of the start of 44 on his channel. His very last strat Bomber has 2 heroes already. He needs to deploy it in every scenario going forward for that elusive 3rd hero.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa
Contact:

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by goose_2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:30 am

bummer...he says that strat only has 400 some kills no way to get 3rd hero in the remaining battles
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Ursulet
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 am

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by Ursulet » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:45 am

I am restarting us corps on field marshal. It reflects more the historicql truth. Loads of means but little xp. Heavy casualties against those 3* tigers and focke wulfe.

I have a b-17 with 3*, a 3D hero and 103 kills. I am in west sicily. I will aligne him on zvery mission

faos333
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by faos333 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:26 pm

Ursulet wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:45 am
I am restarting us corps on field marshal. It reflects more the historicql truth. Loads of means but little xp. Heavy casualties against those 3* tigers and focke wulfe.

I have a b-17 with 3*, a 3D hero and 103 kills. I am in west sicily. I will aligne him on zvery mission
ok first entry for competion :D

Lets hope you manage 3 heroes
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.2 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985

Ursulet
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 am

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by Ursulet » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:16 pm

faos333 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:26 pm
Ursulet wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:45 am
I am restarting us corps on field marshal. It reflects more the historicql truth. Loads of means but little xp. Heavy casualties against those 3* tigers and focke wulfe.

I have a b-17 with 3*, a 3D hero and 103 kills. I am in west sicily. I will aligne him on zvery mission
ok first entry for competion :D

Lets hope you manage 3 heroes
It racks 5/10 kills per mission. Not even sure i will see a second hero. He is at 14 OS and gets aligned everywhere.

faos333
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by faos333 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:38 pm

Regarding the elusive 3rd hero Strategic Bomber.

I was checking my GC 44 core and found out I have a Heinkel 177 A with an attack +2 hero.
Its statistics are: exp 559, kills 479.

After reading this topic I switched its usage to soft targets, aiming for kills.
So, in the last two scenarios I managed and average of 25 kills per scenario.
Currently, I am in the fourth Scenario GC 44 East.

What is your opinion, is there a chance for 3 heroes by the end of GC 45 in Berlin?

PS thanks again for the tips captainjack
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.2 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa
Contact:

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by goose_2 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:25 pm

faos333 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:38 pm
Regarding the elusive 3rd hero Strategic Bomber.

I was checking my GC 44 core and found out I have a Heinkel 177 A with an attack +2 hero.
Its statistics are: exp 559, kills 479.

After reading this topic I switched its usage to soft targets, aiming for kills.
So, in the last two scenarios I managed and average of 25 kills per scenario.
Currently, I am in the fourth Scenario GC 44 East.

What is your opinion, is there a chance for 3 heroes by the end of GC 45 in Berlin?

PS thanks again for the tips captainjack

No way no day. Statistically no way to get over 1000 kills with that few scenarios left, let alone approaching 2000 to guarantee a 3rd hero/
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

faos333
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by faos333 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:38 pm

goose_2 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:25 pm
.......
No way no day. Statistically no way to get over 1000 kills with that few scenarios left, let alone approaching 2000 to guarantee a 3rd hero/
Goose,

I counted 18 remaining scenarios to be played, IF 30 kills per scenario = 540,
plus the 479 kills so far,
that is just above 1.000 which is the minimum score for a third hero.
If my calcs are right.
i would say is very most unlikely, but not statistical impossible.
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.2 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985

TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:43 am
Location: Dallas TX

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by TSPC37730 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:29 am

There are a handful of scenarios where you can get extra kills for your SB's by attacking naval targets. Here's my quick list of GC East SB kill friendly scenarios:

39 - Narvik
40 - The Hague
40 - Dunkirk
41 - Crete Airborne
41 - Crete Naval
41 - Leningrad
42 - Sevastopol Siege
42 - Sevastopol Assault
42 - Illolya
42 - Stalingrad Docks
43 - Kremenchug
45 - Pillau

IMO, Kremenchug is the last scenario where you have a really big opportunity to load up on SB kills. Hopefully by the conclusion of that scenario you have your second hero. After that, it's nickel & dime ground targets & hope. Things get pretty difficult in '44 as most of the scenarios are defensive in nature in nature. There's almost always plenty mobile T-90's & M16's. They don't do a lot of damage to SB's, but the first points they'll be taking off will be your expensive overstrength. There are also some scenarios, like Mogilev, where you will need double and sometimes even triple escorts. It's doable, but, it can divert from your main scenario objective.

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Posts: 1783
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 am

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by captainjack » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:59 am

I'm replaying 42 to try something out. I have my killer He177 on about 370 by end of first Stalingrad. Unfortunately I got +1 initiative for first hero so almost completely useless - I almost restarted the scenario..
By targetting units with low AD (towed guns and light armour, conscripts, transports, plus anything on a river) I'm getting notably more kills per scenario than the second one which plays in my usual way (this has +1move, so also disappointing).
I reckon on hitting about 750 or so kills at end of 43, based on my previous run through with standard tactics, (570 by end of 43) which would create a chance of exceeding 1,000 plus to be in with a chance to get hero number 3.
Biggest obstacles are SPAA damage and only one fighter escort, so the second (or third) attack removes overstrength. The SPAA and AA usually hits fighters first, so the bomber is safe but having to send out two minders is tough. Luckily 14 str is affordable for me and is very effective at 4 and 5* but if caught early in a scenario, dropping to 10 or 11 can mean 1 or even 2 kills per attack reduction which can have quite a big impact. At 15 to 25 attacks each scenario, this could cut >100 kills per campaign quite easily.
If trying for maximum kills, sitting back for too long can also be counterproductive, so a bit of risk management is needed. I'm away for a week so I'll see if I'm still motivated for hero 3 when I get back.

Kawaleria
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:37 am

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by Kawaleria » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:55 pm

in my current GC before Berlin i have two SBs that have over 1000 kills. the problem is both have only one hero....

Ursulet
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 am

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by Ursulet » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:04 am

Kawaleria wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:55 pm
in my current GC before Berlin i have two SBs that have over 1000 kills. the problem is both have only one hero....
Impossible. You get your second hero between 300 & 1000 kills.

Ursulet
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 am

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by Ursulet » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:36 pm

I just got a second hero on my b-17G. He is at 14 OS. HE has +1A hero and a new +2A. Thats perfect. I have used it in all possible missions since casablanca. I am at 2/3 of the italian campaign.

Ursulet
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 am

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by Ursulet » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:14 am

I have completed another batch of 100 heroes, from 2 campaigns. And i have noticed, that % change, thats random. Well except for spotting. Each of my 4 runs of 100 heroes have given me 13% of spotting heroes. And almost never on a recon on my 2 campaigns, nono, spotting heroes have a soft spot for strat bombers, anti tank and artillery :mrgreen:

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Posts: 1783
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 am

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by captainjack » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:14 am

Just finished Stalingrad Ruins and my killer strat bomber has 474 kills. He missed out on about 20 or 25 kills in Stalingrad docks due to a dumb decision followed by an unfortunate encounter with two 85mm AA guns, which dropped him from 14 to 9 strength. The other two (also 14str He177 for ammo, fuel and naval attack) were taking 9 and 10 off the naval transports and gunboats, while the 9 strength was doing 6 or 7 for about 1/3 of the scenario. In Ruins, he was generally getting 3 off guns and katyushas except where very heavily entrenched. I have the final snow-bound 42 scenario to go, so expect to get another 30 or 40 kills to pass 500 by start of 43.
So I'm currently looking at more than100 extra kills in 42, solely due to how I'm using use the killer strat bomber.
It still looks a bit of a long shot to reach 1,000+ kills, but I should be close.
I reckon if I'd started out at 39, I'd be close to 700 by end 42. However, you really need an early attack hero (at least +2) to comfortably reach 1,000 kills in time to have a reasonable shot at the third hero. Sadly, my +1 initiative hero isn't helping...

faos333
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by faos333 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:59 am

captainjack wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:14 am
Just finished Stalingrad Ruins and my killer strat bomber has 474 kills. He missed out on about 20 or 25 kills in Stalingrad docks due to a dumb decision followed by an unfortunate encounter with two 85mm AA guns, which dropped him from 14 to 9 strength. The other two (also 14str He177 for ammo, fuel and naval attack) were taking 9 and 10 off the naval transports and gunboats, while the 9 strength was doing 6 or 7 for about 1/3 of the scenario. In Ruins, he was generally getting 3 off guns and katyushas except where very heavily entrenched. I have the final snow-bound 42 scenario to go, so expect to get another 30 or 40 kills to pass 500 by start of 43.
So I'm currently looking at more than100 extra kills in 42, solely due to how I'm using use the killer strat bomber.
It still looks a bit of a long shot to reach 1,000+ kills, but I should be close.
I reckon if I'd started out at 39, I'd be close to 700 by end 42. However, you really need an early attack hero (at least +2) to comfortably reach 1,000 kills in time to have a reasonable shot at the third hero. Sadly, my +1 initiative hero isn't helping...
That is good newd, lets hope you keep on like 👍 this to reach the goal of three 🦸‍♂️ heroes.

I too have run tests with my 14 strength strat and the results are very good 😌 using him for kills.
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.2 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Posts: 1783
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 am

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by captainjack » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:47 am

Just finished Kotelnikovo with 501 kills at the end of 42 east, so that's 22 extras (it was 479 not 474 at end of Stalingrad ruins). That's not too bad as there was 2 or 3 days of snow, I ran out of enemy units with 4 turns to spare and had to forego some soft targets because of 85mm AA. So overall averaging about 2kills per turn of clear and cloudy weather (usually 3 on clear days, 1 if cloudy).

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa
Contact:

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by goose_2 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:36 pm

I love the passion with which this hero is pursued. Next will be triple heroes for Recon. I think it would be next to impossible on the grand Campaign. But I did get 3 heroes on my recon in Allied Corps. That was a fun one
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

PeteMitchell
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Posts: 1996
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by PeteMitchell » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:21 pm

goose_2 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:36 pm
I love the passion with which this hero is pursued. Next will be triple heroes for Recon. I think it would be next to impossible on the grand Campaign. But I did get 3 heroes on my recon in Allied Corps. That was a fun one
:mrgreen:
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Posts: 1783
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 am

Re: Type of hero probability

Post by captainjack » Sun May 02, 2021 2:16 am

I'm going to stop now as I made a mistake with Oboyan, missed the armory then made a big mess at the end of Prokhorovka badly enough there was no point continuing. From 501 kills at the start of 43 East at I got to 669 kills by the end of Prokhorovka, so that's 168 kills in 6 scenarios having missed out one scenario and lost about 20 to 30 kills due to early loss of overstrength due to mistakes.

Since Kremenchug provides a great opportunity to rack up a many tens of kills on the transports (possibly even a couple of hundred if you can block them from landing), it looks like even though I only started chasing kills in 42 and got an initiative hero there was a chance I could have got well over 800+ if I'd managed to block the Kremenchug transports from landing and bombed them to bits. If you started out in 39 with a mission to collect kills 1,000+ should be manageable by end 43 (guaranteeing second hero) and you'd have the whole of 44 and 45 to get the third .

Obviously getting a good Attack hero early on would help (+2 or +3A should be worth 1 or 2 kills per attack from 41 onwards, worth about +100 kills per campaign), but you can't control this, but these things that are under your control will help
  • Make an effort to look for the maximum kills, irrespective of what's best for your army.
    Always upgrade to the best available bomber and use max overstrength (so you don't want to be on an ultra-low prestige or experience setting).
    Ensure you have at least one and preferably two escort fighters for your killer.
    Stamp out AA hard - and think about likely locations and scout well. It feels good getting 4 kills finishing off a suppressed 85 or SPAAG.
For info I use Nico's excellent GC mods. These increase the number of older Soviet tanks which a 3 or 4* bomber can get extra kills on, and have 4 range 170mm guns which can blast AA guns apart at a distance, even if you don't have range heroes, but seem to have extra SPAAG (mobile 37 and 85s are especially nasty), so probably more or less neutral overall.

So the short answer is that if you want to, you can be in with a chance of a third strat bomber hero some time in 43 and have all of 44 and 45 to keep trying.
Next time I restart from 39 (or Nico's 35MPC mod) I might give it another go.

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”