will no retaliation work on

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

scorehouse
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

will no retaliation work on

Post by scorehouse » Fri May 07, 2021 6:04 pm

every unit including artillery? tired of my 21's getting outgunned by the 203's

WalterTFD
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: will no retaliation work on

Post by WalterTFD » Fri May 07, 2021 7:05 pm

I've never tried it, but my expectation would be that it stops them from shooting back at you, but it doesn't stop the big guns that preshoot any artillery that shoots anyone other than them in range.

So, I'd guess it would help in a 'my arty shoots their arty' situation, but if you want your arty to shoot something else while a counter battery gun has line of sight on you, they'd still shoot.

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon » Fri May 07, 2021 8:53 pm

Works directly, does not work indirectly (I.E. it doesn't stop support attacks.)

scorehouse

Post by scorehouse » Fri May 07, 2021 9:36 pm

i tried @ Kiev. works great. i use 2 21's for suppression and by attacking the 203 without counter fire, it really weakens them and my units stay full strength so just one land unmit can knock it out. never can capture those things. they either reload or just don't surrender and have to be overran

VirgilInTheSKY
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by VirgilInTheSKY » Fri May 07, 2021 11:36 pm

scorehouse wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:36 pm
i tried @ Kiev. works great. i use 2 21's for suppression and by attacking the 203 without counter fire, it really weakens them and my units stay full strength so just one land unmit can knock it out. never can capture those things. they either reload or just don't surrender and have to be overran
Shock Tactics/Envelopment+Overwhelming Attack, as long as you can destroy their entrenchment level, this would be the best equipment collector for you. Though IIRC russian 203mm has the same status as your own 21cm, so there is no need to collect them as long as you are not playing with the one challenge that forbidding you from having copies of a present unit.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”