Operation Compass question

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

AgentTBC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Operation Compass question

Post by AgentTBC » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:44 am

I'm playing Operation Compass in the Allies Defiant campaign. Simple question: The italians have a few 3 strength trucks on the map that run away when you approach them. Is there a bonus reward for destroying these like perhaps some captured equipment? I don't save in the middle of scenarios to avoid save scumming so I'd have to start over to check and so I figured it'd be quicker simply to ask.

Pwnerade
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Operation Compass question

Post by Pwnerade » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:11 pm

I checked the scenario in the editor, and destroying the trucks doesn't trigger anything.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton

ColonelY
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by ColonelY » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:20 am

That's right. 8)

Well, there is of course the small bonus of XP gain, but that's it. Otherwise, it's more for the immersion... :wink:

Pwnerade

Post by Pwnerade » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:14 pm

It provides an ambiance of desperately retreating Italian forces, fleeing before your might.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton

Return to “Order of Battle Series”