Dividing the Spoils - Tournament 2: Concluded

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Dividing the Spoils - Tournament 2: Ongoing

Post by kronenblatt »

How are these two battles forming the fate of the west developing?

1a. carpenkm attacks SnuggleBunnies using the army of Hyrkania, in Syria.
4. SnuggleBunnies attacks carpenkm using the army of Armenia, in Atropatene.

Battles to be concluded by December 31, but carpenkm has been sick and SnuggleBunnies busy with work, so would you need more time?
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Carpen hasn't taken a turn in a few days. I believe I've won Syria, but waiting on the final turn. We're only half way through Armenia, the main battle lines are just starting to make contact. So not sure what you want to do with that
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:18 pm Carpen hasn't taken a turn in a few days. I believe I've won Syria, but waiting on the final turn. We're only half way through Armenia, the main battle lines are just starting to make contact. So not sure what you want to do with that
OK, thanks for input. Let's give it a couple of days (say until Jan. 2) and give you the time to conclude Syria at first and then see where you two stand on Armenia.

carpenkm
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by carpenkm »

kronenblatt wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:17 pm
SnuggleBunnies wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:18 pm Carpen hasn't taken a turn in a few days. I believe I've won Syria, but waiting on the final turn. We're only half way through Armenia, the main battle lines are just starting to make contact. So not sure what you want to do with that
OK, thanks for input. Let's give it a couple of days (say until Jan. 2) and give you the time to conclude Syria at first and then see where you two stand on Armenia.
Sorry had illness over xmas and xmas things got in the way for the last two days - Syria is finished :-( . If Snuggles wants it that badly he can keep it:-). The other battle is developing. We are struggling to play more than one turn a day, presumably time difference. I will be playing this evening and probably tomorrow morning (uk time), but not again until the new year. I'll play as quickly as I can. If we can get a few back to back tunrs it shoudl complete, but not sure what time SB plays - it's normally 3:00am my time!!!
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

1a. carpenkm attacks SnuggleBunnies using the army of Hyrkania, in Syria.
SnuggleBunnies defeats carpenkm 42-12

I adopted a defensive stance, as carpen brought far more lights and cavalry, and the terrain was fairly open. With the defeat of deeter's offensive in the West, carpen knew he had to come down and fight, and my heavier infantry based army slugged its way to victory.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

carpenkm wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:12 pm Sorry had illness over xmas and xmas things got in the way for the last two days - Syria is finished :-( . If Snuggles wants it that badly he can keep it:-). The other battle is developing. We are struggling to play more than one turn a day, presumably time difference. I will be playing this evening and probably tomorrow morning (uk time), but not again until the new year. I'll play as quickly as I can. If we can get a few back to back tunrs it shoudl complete, but not sure what time SB plays - it's normally 3:00am my time!!!
Let's touch base again over Armenia on January 2, and see which turn you're in, level of casualties, and your expectations on when and how to conclude the battle. Could you both please post that information here then? Thanks.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:18 pm
carpenkm wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:12 pm
kronenblatt wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:30 am Let's touch base again over Armenia on January 2, and see which turn you're in, level of casualties, and your expectations on when and how to conclude the battle. Could you both please post that information here then? Thanks.
Since I’m busy anyway until Wednesday evening (January 5th), please continue playing until then and post here the status. Then we can determine whether it’s close to completion or not and take it from there. That is, either continue the game or stop it.

carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

kronenblatt wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:01 pm
SnuggleBunnies wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:18 pm
carpenkm wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:12 pm
kronenblatt wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:30 am Let's touch base again over Armenia on January 2, and see which turn you're in, level of casualties, and your expectations on when and how to conclude the battle. Could you both please post that information here then? Thanks.
Since I’m busy anyway until Wednesday evening (January 5th), please continue playing until then and post here the status. Then we can determine whether it’s close to completion or not and take it from there. That is, either continue the game or stop it.
Ok thanks Andreas. We got a few turns in yesterday - there's about 4-5 turns left (we're in turn 20 i think) about even at the moment , but i'm sure SnuggleBunnies has some fiendish fur lined trap set for me.
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

4. SnuggleBunnies attacks carpenkm using the army of Armenia, in Atropatene.

SnuggleBunnies defeats carpenkm 40-12

GG

kronenblatt

Round 4 (317 BC): Battle resolutions concluded

Post by kronenblatt »

Battles (317 BC, round 4)
1a. carpenkm attacks SnuggleBunnies using the army of Hyrkania, in Syria. => SnuggleBunnies defeats carpenkm 42-12.
1b. deeter attacks SnuggleBunnies using the army of Aigyptos and Arab allies, in Syria. => SnuggleBunnies defeats deeter 61-25.
2. Aetius39 attacks batesmotel using the army of Arakhosia, in Areia. => Aetius39 defeats batesmotel 70-48.
4. SnuggleBunnies attacks carpenkm using the army of Armenia, in Atropatene. => SnuggleBunnies defeats carpenkm 40-12.
5. batesmotel attacks carpenkm using the army of Baktriane with Skythian/Saka allies, in Hyrkania. => batesmotel defeats carpenkm 60-47.
6. Warg1 attacks carpenkm using the army of Karmania, in Persis. => carpenkm defeats Warg1 61-48.

This concludes round 4. No Diadochi have this round been eliminated or fallen in battle.

Eliminated Diadochi
batesmotel, Doyley50, kronenblatt, Giacofa93, Ironclad, TomoeGozen.

C-in-Cs fallen in battle (with Epigoni ruling as second generation)
Malabar26, SnuggleBunnies, carpenkm.

kronenblatt

Round 5 (316 BC): attack declarations

Post by kronenblatt »

Order of attack declarations (based on highest inflicted casualties in the previous round)
  1. Aetius39 (70) Jan. 8
  2. batesmotel (48 60) Jan. 9
  3. Warg1 (48) Jan. 10
  4. SnuggleBunnies (40) Jan. 11
  5. deeter (25) Jan. 12
  6. carpenkm (12) Jan. 13
Please note
  • Supports of other attackers (B) or defenders (C) are possible, and not only outright attacks of your own (A).
  • So now may be the time to discuss and negotiate with other players on the course they're planning, maybe agreeing on joint actions, and so on. Or maybe not...
  • Please just read up carefully on the rules (in particular the Attacks and Effects of battle outcome parts) and be aware that players may not always do what they say...
  • Attack declarations are posted in this thread.
  • Please express attack declarations in the way the following examples show:
    Outright attack (A): rbodleyscott attacks kronenblatt, using the army of Gedrosia and Indian 500 BC - 319 AD allies. Attacker satrapy Babylonia, defender satrapy Mesopotamia.
    Support of attacker (B): Aetius39 supports the attack of rbodleyscott upon Mesopotamia, using the army of Armenia and Georgian 331 BC - 252 AD allies. Supporting satrapy Kappadokia.
    Support of defender (C): Karvon supports the defence of kronenblatt in Mesopotamia, using the army of Aigyptos and Kyrenean Greek 321-276 BC allies. Supporting satrapy Syria.
  • Date (midnight CET+1 (Pella) time) above indicates deadline, after which opportunity for you to declare attack is forfeited and the player next in line may declare his attack.
  • Once you have declared an attack, please PM the player next in line, who will then be free to declare his attack, up to his deadline, so we all don't need to wait for each player's deadline.
In case any of you have any questions (which I'm sure you have, no problems :) ), please post them in this thread in order for everyone else to see the question as well as the answer.

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius39 attacks batesmotel, using the army of Arakhosia. Attacker satrapy Paropamisadai, defender satrapy Sogdiane.
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

batesmotel attacks Aetius39, using the army of Baktriane. Attacker satrapy Hyrkania, defender satrapy Areia.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
Warg1
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Warg1 »

Warg1 attacks carpenkm using the army of Gedrosia.

Attacker satrapy Gedrosia, defender satrapy Karmania
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

SnuggleBunnies attacks carpenkm, using army of Mesopotamia with Arab allies. Attacker satrapy Mesopotamia, defender satrapy Babylonia.

deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by deeter »

Deeter attacks SnuggleBunnies in long-suffering Syria from Aigyptos. Attacker satrapy Aigyptos. Defender satrapy Syria.

It is time to rescue the Syrians from the oppression of its lepus conquerors.

Deeter
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

deeter wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:44 pm Deeter attacks SnuggleBunnies in long-suffering Syria from Aigyptos. Attacker satrapy Aigyptos. Defender satrapy Syria.

It is time to rescue the Syrians from the oppression of its lepus conquerors.

Deeter
Thanks for declaration. Which army will you be using? I assume Aigyptos (and have written that in the OP) until I hear otherwise.

deeter

Post by deeter »

Yes the army of Egypt will attack.

Deeter
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Given that i havent managed a win vs the steamrolling rabbit yet the army of Media will cautiously put a toe over the border into Atropatene with the firm intention to run at the first sign of a spear or even a sharp fruit knife.

carpenkm attacks Snugglebunnies using the army of Media. Attacker satrapy Media, defender satrapy Atropatene.
kronenblatt

Round 5 (316 BC): battle resolutions

Post by kronenblatt »

All attack declarations have again been made and it's again time for the main attraction: the battles...! Who will last, who will thrive, and who will perish...?

AGAIN: Always keep in mind and report if a C-in-C falls in battle (currently batesmotel, carpenkm, and SnuggleBunnies have fallen)!

Battles (316 BC, round 5)
1. Aetius39 attacks batesmotel, using the army of Arakhosia, in Sogdiane.
2. batesmotel attacks Aetius39, using the army of Baktriane, in Areia.
3. Warg1 attacks carpenkm using the army of Gedrosia, in Karmania.
4. SnuggleBunnies attacks carpenkm, using army of Mesopotamia with Arab allies, in Babylonia.
5. deeter attacks SnuggleBunnies, using the army of Aigyptos, in Syria.
6. carpenkm attacks Snugglebunnies using the army of Media, in Atropatene.

Setting up the battles
  • Battles are fought using the Dividing the Spoils v4 module and the armies therein.
  • The defender creates the challenge (with himself always as Side B) by January 15 at the latest and thereafter sends a PM to the attacker and makes a post in this thread.
  • Module: Dividing the Spoils v4 (click Select another module).
  • Armies:
    • The attacker uses the army that he specified in his attack declaration.
    • The defender uses the army of the defender satrapy.
  • Scenario: Custom Battle - Open Battle.
  • Force size: Large (1600 FP).
  • Map size: Wide (40x32).
  • Map type: from defender satrapy's available terrains as selected by the defender (see table below).
  • No map re-rolls are allowed.

Resolving and reporting the battles
  • Players commit to concluding their battles by February 12 at the latest.
  • Any battles not concluded by then risk being resolved by adjudication.
  • The defender reports the outcome of concluded battles in this thread, specifying who won (if any), the casualties, and if any C-in-C's fell during the battle (important since it matters for when tournament will end).
    • Example: Aetius39 beat kronenblatt 48-21, with Aetius 39s C-in-C killed in battle.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”