Panzer Corps goes Pacific

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Schneides42
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Panzer Corps goes Pacific

Post by Schneides42 »

CaptainRope1 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:41 pm
Schneides42 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:06 am
CaptainRope1 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:30 am That sounds about true because that mostly what the US would have down in reality but the other thing to was that when the Japanese did most of the attack they where outnumber in almost all of there battle in one example is the Fall of Singapore if the British forces knew how many Japanese troops where attacking them and where tired and low on ammo they the British would of have rally and beaten them. Like most of there wins in there campaigns for the Pacific Ocean they where luck and most of the commanders at the time ether underestmat them or where trying to find out what to do or where surprise of the attacks you can look up some of this stuff on youtube channel World War 2 in real time by Indy Nidel it week by week he did not said the japanese got luck part that by my view of the events.
The issue with the alternative history of the British and Commonwealth troops rallying and defending Singapore against tired and low on ammo troops is the question of who would have been reinforced first? There were few additional troops in Australia and the supply lines from even India would have taken longer to get there than from Japanese bases. Singapore was never the impregnable fortress that British propaganda claimed it to be.
I believe that Singapore was not a impregnable fortress everything most fall to time but one of the key moments in the battle of Singapore was when the water resuver were take by the Japanese if the british where to lauch a counter attack then they would have hold out longer then the japanese have want which would have force a retrate cause they where unable to countuie the attack cause of low supply and out pesty the supply convoles.
For those interested there is a great book on the subject:
Singapore: The Pregnable Fortress: A Study in Deception, Discord and Desertion by Peter Elphick. It covers the preparation for and then the entire Malaya Campaign. Churchill does not come out well in the book!
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Singapore:
I have never made a determined study of this WWII effort, but what I do know is that almost all of the defences of Singapore were facing the Ocean... where they expected the Japanese to attack from. But!... of course the unpredictable Japanese did just exactly the opposite... and... instead... attacked the most undefended side with great effort!... so there you go!.
Schneides42
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Schneides42 »

Retributarr wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:54 am Singapore:
I have never made a determined study of this WWII effort, but what I do know is that almost all of the defences of Singapore were facing the Ocean... where they expected the Japanese to attack from. But!... of course the unpredictable Japanese did just exactly the opposite... and... instead... attacked the most undefended side with great effort!... so there you go!.
That is one of the myths about Singapore, it wasn't the guns (most could turn or be re-positioned) but everything else the British did, that was the problem!
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

Schneides42 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:02 am
Retributarr wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:54 am Singapore:
That is one of the myths about Singapore, it wasn't the guns (most could turn or be re-positioned) but everything else the British did, that was the problem!
The British Commander of Singapore was a idiot and is some one who should not have been in command of its defences
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

Schneides42 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:49 pm
CaptainRope1 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:41 pm
Schneides42 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:06 am

The issue with the alternative history of the British and Commonwealth troops rallying and defending Singapore against tired and low on ammo troops is the question of who would have been reinforced first? There were few additional troops in Australia and the supply lines from even India would have taken longer to get there than from Japanese bases. Singapore was never the impregnable fortress that British propaganda claimed it to be.
I believe that Singapore was not a impregnable fortress everything most fall to time but one of the key moments in the battle of Singapore was when the water resuver were take by the Japanese if the british where to lauch a counter attack then they would have hold out longer then the japanese have want which would have force a retrate cause they where unable to countuie the attack cause of low supply and out pesty the supply convoles.
For those interested there is a great book on the subject:
Singapore: The Pregnable Fortress: A Study in Deception, Discord and Desertion by Peter Elphick. It covers the preparation for and then the entire Malaya Campaign. Churchill does not come out well in the book!
it does not help to the fact the the Japanese did not have a Spy network at all and if there was a British traitor in the rank we would of know about it by now. Here is a video that explains the Japanese Spy network https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyZX7xK ... 11[YouTube][/YouTube]
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uwgi9W ... 32[YouTube] here they example the fall of Singapore
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

calmhatchery wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:37 pm
GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:59 pm I didnt saw twich event because my job, any news about PC pacific?? Release date? Other dlc news?
yes!!!. You can apply for beta test Pacific. Pacific DLC (American campaign will be first) This DLC will be avialable probably in first half of 2022.
Cheers
Peter
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

unfortunaly not yet. edmon wrote about covid between designers of Pacific Dlc. So thats way we have a delay.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

No news from the Pacific in the latest Tea Time...
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Fifteen days ago Marco during the teatime said that there would be important news on Pacific Dlc within a couple of weeks .... fifteen days ago! 🤷🏼‍♂️🙁
Schneides42
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Schneides42 »

Today, (15 February) is the 80th anniversary of the fall of Singapore.
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:22 pm Fifteen days ago Marco during the teatime said that there would be important news on Pacific Dlc within a couple of weeks .... fifteen days ago! 🤷🏼‍♂️🙁
Marco was off sick last week.

So he's busy catching up with everything today, sorry for the delay...
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Edmon wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:20 am
GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:22 pm Fifteen days ago Marco during the teatime said that there would be important news on Pacific Dlc within a couple of weeks .... fifteen days ago! 🤷🏼‍♂️🙁

Wow, so is there any news today?!?
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

"Marco was off sick last week.":

[Not-Serious... but this is how I see it!.]… 'Because the Japanese Banzai-Charged his position... and nearly scewered him... he had only sustained non life threatening injuries. Now!... for Europe... "Putin"... the 'Mad-Man'... like 'Hitler'... is on a messianic quest to restore all the ill-gotten gains that Russia illegally-wrongfully took during WWII. After 'Ukraine' is smashed into the ground... then... the 'Baltic States' will follow... and then later... the rest of western Europe. The 'Chinese' will support him for any shortfalls that he experiences in order to minimize or degrade the effect of any possible sanctions... as well as help him financially... so that he can continue his quest/vision of "Russian Lebensraum".
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Retributarr wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:51 pm "Marco was off sick last week.":

[Not-Serious... but this is how I see it!.]… 'Because the Japanese Banzai-Charged his position... and nearly scewered him... he had only sustained non life threatening injuries. Now!... for Europe... "Putin"... the 'Mad-Man'... like 'Hitler'... is on a messianic quest to restore all the ill-gotten gains that Russia illegally-wrongfully took during WWII. After 'Ukraine' is smashed into the ground... then... the 'Baltic States' will follow... and then later... the rest of western Europe. The 'Chinese' will support him for any shortfalls that he experiences in order to minimize or degrade the effect of any possible sanctions... as well as help him financially... so that he can continue his quest/vision of "Russian Lebensraum".
Stop unlrelated politic speaking here, please.
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:15 pm
Edmon wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:20 am

Wow, so is there any news today?!?
As soon as I have news, I will let you know :).
GomezAdams
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GomezAdams »

Retributarr wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:51 pm "Marco was off sick last week.":

Care to try that again in English without a thousand ellipses in it, comrade?
jchastain
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by jchastain »

It has been a few months since there has been any news. Has anyone heard anything? Still just waiting patiently but it sure would be good to hear a little bit about what is going on.
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Yes, I figured they would wait a bit between the release of AO43 and Pacific, but I wondered too if they are ready to begin BETA testing.

Speaking of which, will we need to sign up for it again, or the first time still applies?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

It seems useless after having done the test :

Capture d’écran 2022-06-18 233818.jpg
Capture d’écran 2022-06-18 233818.jpg (11.28 KiB) Viewed 1726 times

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”