Panzer Corps goes Pacific

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

For the first time in its 10 year history the Panzer Corps series is going to thoroughly explore the Pacific theatre of operations in the Second World War. This DLC is the first installment in a new series of campaigns which will portray the dramatic events of the Pacific War.

In this new expansion players can enjoy many new scenarios and be immersed in a completely new set of terrain graphics, new game rules and a new major faction. Pacific is still the good old Panzer Corps 2 game which fans enjoy and love, but at the same time it’s also a new, different and original experience.

At long last Japan has been added to Panzer Corps 2. With the introduction of Pacific, Japan is playable not only in a new campaign, but also in random scenarios and in Multiplayer. It is also fully available to modders and designers of custom content. In addition to that, the USA faction has also received many new units, with a particular focus on famous carrier-based aircraft. Overall, 70 new models will be added to the game.

In the Pacific theater naval warfare played a prominent and critical role, and thus the naval aspect of the game needed to be expanded and have depth added. For this reason, naval game rules have been significantly revamped and extended. All the existing content has also been tested and tweaked to work with the new naval system without any glitches.

The new Pacific campaign represents many famous (and some not so famous) battles which took place between 1941 and 1943, among which are Guadalcanal, Midway, Wake Island and Tarawa. As players have come to expect, after finishing this campaign, it will be possible to save core units and bring them to the next part of the series.

We will reveal and show more of Panzer Corps 2: Pacific and disclose the release date in the next few months. More information can be currently found on its product page.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Panzer Corps goes Pacific

Post by calmhatchery »

GREATTT!!! NEWS !!!!!!!! Im very happy !!! Please focus more precise on this campaign. We can start with japnese forces in 1937 in China !!!!! first !!!!! great cant wait..
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

GREATTT!!! NEWS !!!!!!!! Im very happy !!! Please focus more precise on this campaign. We can start with japnese forces in 1937 in China !!!!! first !!!!! great cant wait..
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

I am happy for the fans of the Pacific campaign, I do not like this scenario very much and I hope that this does not slow down the development of the AO series and the dlc of the European allies ... also I believe that the current mechanics and gamaplay of the naval units is very bad, so I strongly hope there is a big implementation planned for the Pacific, otherwise it will be a big deal.
ElLobo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by ElLobo »

Nice news!!!! Sounds and Looks Great!!!!
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

you made my DAY !!!!! Im vaery happy, I love this theatre and I hope that you will explore this deep. We have so many fronts in BURMA, MANCHURIA, CHINA, and whole PACIFIC.!!!
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Having parallel content is a huge step in growth for Panzer Corps 2, absolutely looking forward to seeing more content outside of the current DLC super chain. :D
Panzer73
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Panzer73 »

Love it already! Looking forward to playing in the Pacific.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Kerensky wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:54 pm Having parallel content is a huge step in growth for Panzer Corps 2, absolutely looking forward to seeing more content outside of the current DLC super chain. :D
Kerensky can you confirm that the development of the Pacific campaign will be parallel to the European dlcs and therefore the latter will not slow down?
scott_mathieson
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by scott_mathieson »

At first I was going crazy thinking it would be like axis operations starting before 39 with manchuria etc and felt bit deflated when I realised you play as america. It makes sense in a way to play other side but I was most looking forward to playing Russia and hoped for Japan.

The naval stuff is to be revamped so looking forward to seeing it all and from the discussion today we will end up getting all the theatres and all sides eventually.
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

scott_mathieson wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:42 pm At first I was going crazy thinking it would be like axis operations starting before 39 with manchuria etc and felt bit deflated when I realised you play as america. It makes sense in a way to play other side but I was most looking forward to playing Russia and hoped for Japan.

The naval stuff is to be revamped so looking forward to seeing it all and from the discussion today we will end up getting all the theatres and all sides eventually.

what gave you the impression that you are playing USA, the units you control are japanese in the pictures
Mojko

Post by Mojko »

These are really great news :D . Rewapming the naval combat was something that was discussed during alpha. I'm really happy to see these changes finally coming through. Hopefully, naval units will become core forces that can be fully purchased and managed. I also hope that the second sino-japanese war is included as well. From a technological point of view, it would be similar to the Spanish civil war DLC but it can still be quite interesting if done correctly.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
scott_mathieson

Post by scott_mathieson »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:50 pm
scott_mathieson wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:42 pm At first I was going crazy thinking it would be like axis operations starting before 39 with manchuria etc and felt bit deflated when I realised you play as america. It makes sense in a way to play other side but I was most looking forward to playing Russia and hoped for Japan.

what gave you the impression that you are playing USA, the units you control are japanese in the pictures
in the interview with developer online today he said the USA version would be out before Japanese version, it did catch me unaware as the screen shots were for Japanese unit selections
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

scott_mathieson wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:29 pm
BaronVonKrieg wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:50 pm

in the interview with developer online today he said the USA version would be out before Japanese version, it did catch me unaware as the screen shots were for Japanese unit selections
well good to know that cheers mate
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Kerensky wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:54 pm Having parallel content is a huge step in growth for Panzer Corps 2, absolutely looking forward to seeing more content outside of the current DLC super chain. :D
Kerensky, are you involved in the Pacific campaigns too, or are you only focusing on the German/AO DLCs?
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

adiekmann wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:20 am Kerensky, are you involved in the Pacific campaigns too, or are you only focusing on the German/AO DLCs?
It has been stated elsewhere that the Pacific campaigns have a different Content team, so the two can be done at the same time.
Kerensky hasn't said anything about it.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
klhbekool
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by klhbekool »

This is great news, I am very excited.
wecker

Post by wecker »

calmhatchery wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:58 pm you made my DAY !!!!! Im vaery happy, I love this theatre and I hope that you will explore this deep. We have so many fronts in BURMA, MANCHURIA, CHINA, and whole PACIFIC.!!!
...and potentially India, Persia, Australia, Hawaii and the US West Coast like in the good old Pacific General from SSI :D
UncleAi
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by UncleAi »

Yeah the naval game rules needs to be significantly revamped and extended:
Plane's fuel, landing and take off system
Ship's modules, damage control, repair
Reconnaissance
Night fight and torpedo
AA cover
Main gun and secondary gun
Tactical bomber and strategic bomber's damage to ships

In PC2 now, one unit can only be attacked by plane once per turn. But in real world it is possible hundreds of plane attack one ship and sink it in one wave. Will you add a "move after attack" mechanism? But it will be too op in land warfare.

I don't know if it is proper to mention competing products, but you can really learn a lot from Strategic Mind series.

I see we can buy carriers and battleships. That is really cool.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

wecker wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:29 pm
calmhatchery wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:58 pm you made my DAY !!!!! Im vaery happy, I love this theatre and I hope that you will explore this deep. We have so many fronts in BURMA, MANCHURIA, CHINA, and whole PACIFIC.!!!
...and potentially India, Persia, Australia, Hawaii and the US West Coast like in the good old Pacific General from SSI :D
exactly !!!! yes !!!

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”