Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by AlbertoC »

Use this thread to discuss the first Panzer Corps 2 World Championship tournament.
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Lifever »

Is this the place to put videos regarding the tournament?
Just in case someone would like to speak his mind, stir the pot...

I assume the same goes for any kind of story and personal experience regarding the tournament.

Is there a way to show the nationality of the players in the list of participants- same as it was in the last great PzC1 tournament?
That contributed a great deal to tell a story of its own without the need for players to be talkative. Flags tell a story of their own when players collide - especially in a WW setting.
(I didn't see or hear of any insults regarding the nationality of players in past tournaments with that info. Basically all players were very polite. Should that be a concern...)
Baskerville50
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Baskerville50 »

Does the German army carry through to the next rounds in the World Championship? Essentially I'd like to know whether it's worthwhile investing prestige on elite replacements or just going for rookies on a round by round basis.
karste70
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by karste70 »

Hallo an alle!

bin neu hier und mal sehr gespannt was geht. :D 8)
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

Baskerville50 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:35 pm Does the German army carry through to the next rounds in the World Championship? Essentially I'd like to know whether it's worthwhile investing prestige on elite replacements or just going for rookies on a round by round basis.
That be a deadly feature but to be honest I'd say if that was the case they would have advertised it far and wide... ;-)
Also, let's see if anyone can beat 2000 points first round by actually playing the game - my usual rant, feel free to disregard... ;-) *facepalm*
Fudwuppel
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Fudwuppel »

tkrysiak wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:49 pm
Baskerville50 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:35 pm Does the German army carry through to the next rounds in the World Championship? Essentially I'd like to know whether it's worthwhile investing prestige on elite replacements or just going for rookies on a round by round basis.
That be a deadly feature but to be honest I'd say if that was the case they would have advertised it far and wide... ;-)
Also, let's see if anyone can beat 2000 points first round by actually playing the game - my usual rant, feel free to disregard... ;-) *facepalm*
You know, in this tournament a couple of players actually have a chance to top that 2000 mark in the first round.
Fudwuppel
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Fudwuppel »

Fudwuppel wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:29 am
You know, in this tournament a couple of players actually have a chance to top that 2000 mark in the first round.
I came <this close> to the 2K bye award.
grabbysnatch
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by grabbysnatch »

hi

looking forward to the tournament.
Still waiting for my opponent to take their turn so i can get stuck in. think there will be some tough opponents out there to try and beat
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by PaganCyC »

It seems unreasonable for someone to be awarded 2000 points for not playing. Obviously, getting zero points because the opponent doesn't show up is unfair, but something in the middle would be better.

Median winning score, or something like 90th percentile winning score would be much better.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

PaganCyC wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:22 pm It seems unreasonable for someone to be awarded 2000 points for not playing. Obviously, getting zero points because the opponent doesn't show up is unfair, but something in the middle would be better.

Median winning score, or something like 90th percentile winning score would be much better.
Yeah its an old complaint I've had for ages. People who didnt get to play or didnt have an opponent should get well rewarded but the reward should be counted at the end of the round as an average of points for all playing people taking part in the round. It is a simple macro to calculate that and there are not that many things in this world as fair as an average... ;-)
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

Fudwuppel wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:51 am

haha, I was about to say that you NEARLY made it. Congrats on the first finished game (battle?) of WW2 ;-)
Fudwuppel
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Fudwuppel »

tkrysiak wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:14 pm
PaganCyC wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:22 pm It seems unreasonable for someone to be awarded 2000 points for not playing. Obviously, getting zero points because the opponent doesn't show up is unfair, but something in the middle would be better.

Yeah its an old complaint I've had for ages. People who didnt get to play or didnt have an opponent should get well rewarded but the reward should be counted at the end of the round as an average of points for all playing people taking part in the round. It is a simple macro to calculate that and there are not that many things in this world as fair as an average... ;-)
Yah, we talked (bitched?) about this during the the last tournament. An average or a median of all winner's points would be appropriate for a bye. Of course, the bye player would have to wait for the end of the round to know his score and ranking.
Fudwuppel
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Fudwuppel »

tkrysiak wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:15 pm
haha, I was about to say that you NEARLY made it. Congrats on the first finished game (battle?) of WW2 ;-)
My opponent pushed. As soon as I finished a turn, he was moving, He was joining in when I was playing so was ready when I was finished. Not a bad thing, but for I now have to wait and watch for three weeks. We had pretty good communication as well. It just turned out that we had the time, at the same time, to punch it out. He played a hell of a game, too.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

Fudwuppel wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:49 pm
My opponent pushed. As soon as I finished a turn, he was moving, He was joining in when I was playing so was ready when I was finished. Not a bad thing, but for I now have to wait and watch for three weeks. We had pretty good communication as well. It just turned out that we had the time, at the same time, to punch it out. He played a hell of a game, too.
Yup, close score would definitely testify it was a good match. I wish there was a way of watching replays - even if I had to wait until the round was finished. Would be a neat feature *hint hint*
Fudwuppel
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Fudwuppel »

tkrysiak wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:07 pm
Fudwuppel wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:49 pm

Yup, close score would definitely testify it was a good match. I wish there was a way of watching replays - even if I had to wait until the round was finished. Would be a neat feature *hint hint*
I think we can video our own matches, can't we? Save and upload our games? That would be a great tool, as well. Running through your game, you can say 'that's why I lost...' and correct your tactics.
Fudwuppel
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Fudwuppel »

I just got a message offering a challenge in PZ2. The message says 'Hi Fudwuppel, you have 1 challenge(s) in the Panzer Corps 2' I don't know who sent it, how to respond to it or what I would do if I did.
Had that happened to some of you? I don't know what to do with it.
SteelTiger007

Post by SteelTiger007 »

point of information about wins how are wins recorded? and does it matter if you are the defending player and win for points? I held 4 objectives for 15 turns and get less points then when my I went on the offensive I take all objectives in 12 turns and the defending player GOT MORE POINTS than I did for losing as defender !?!?! WTF
SteelTiger007

Post by SteelTiger007 »

Fudwuppel wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:22 am I just got a message offering a challenge in PZ2. The message says 'Hi Fudwuppel, you have 1 challenge(s) in the Panzer Corps 2' I don't know who sent it, how to respond to it or what I would do if I did.
Had that happened to some of you? I don't know what to do with it.
I have a few requests in my challenge box but to respond you need a password to join , where you get THAT PASSORD is a mystery
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Reports from the front!
warsaw defense.jpg
warsaw defense.jpg (683.15 KiB) Viewed 5669 times

Our polish forces are trying to hold the river north of Warsaw. The river runs red from the carnage.

Brest defense.jpg
Brest defense.jpg (668.31 KiB) Viewed 5669 times

Across the way near Brest the German Panzers blitz across the plains. Our Polish forces are caught unprepared and scramble to hold the line.

Warsaw attack.jpg
Warsaw attack.jpg (742.44 KiB) Viewed 5669 times

While on the other hand... Our German forces report successful capture of Warsaw. However it appears polish forces are preparing a counter attack on our flank! German forces brace for the coming assault.
DMcCooey206

Post by DMcCooey206 »

Fudwuppel wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:45 pm
tkrysiak wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:14 pm

Yah, we talked (bitched?) about this during the the last tournament. An average or a median of all winner's points would be appropriate for a bye. Of course, the bye player would have to wait for the end of the round to know his score and ranking.
I'm new to these tournaments. It's disappointing to learn that apparently Round points carry over? and it's not your basic Swiss style tournament? I mean even a 5th grader can tell you that is problematic when you have a wide range of commitment to play from the players. And a simple time control for the turns would make it probably better too. Still I look forward to enjoying some fun rounds. :D

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”