Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Uchmunduk
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Uchmunduk »

karste70 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:43 pm hello i play in this round with

SteelTiger007

he wrote to me that i am a cheater, because i changed my units with germany in the first rounds.
I deleted some units and built new one,

Now he write he will not end the game, because i am a cheater, please can someone help me.
I tryed to write a pm but but the system says he can t read it.

Its not cheating :D
karste70
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by karste70 »

Uchmunduk wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:53 am

SteelTiger007

he wrote to me that i am a cheater, because i changed my units with germany in the first rounds.

Now he write he will not end the game, because i am a cheater, please can someone help me.

Thanks, i think so too!

But he write he will not end the game.
so that i can t get the 500 Points for my victory with Allies, if he play it i will win sure with allies.

My game with germany he play it, because it is not sure if i can win it, if he would play it till end, i think i have good chance for win all vicotry hex.

Can someone help me with it?
Is there a admin?

Many thanks for help!
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

karste70 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:25 pm

SteelTiger007

Thanks, i think so too!

so that i can t get the 500 Points for my victory with Allies, if he play it i will win sure with allies.

My game with germany he play it, because it is not sure if i can win it, if he would play it till end, i think i have good chance for win all vicotry hex.

Is there a admin?

Many thanks for help!
Sorry this has happened to you, I mean -didn't we all change some units even in a scenario where they don't want us to? ;-)
I don't think anyone can help you with this. You two just need to talk it out really. I personally hate people who do not finish turns as a way of staying ahead or not losing and I do speak as somone who experienced it first hand. If he says he won't finish one game you can say you won't finish the other, or maybe just play one turn at a time?
Bottom line is that you guys have to reach an agreement as no one will get involved...
Fudwuppel
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Fudwuppel »

SteelTiger007

I cannot understand how what you did was cheating. Upgrading units is within the rules and is allowed by the system.
Unfortunately, if he refuses to play there is not much you can do, save take the consolation points for his forfeit. Good luck.
vonessling
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by vonessling »

what happens if your opponent doesn't play the round?
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

vonessling wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:13 am what happens if your opponent doesn't play the round?
If nothing has changed since I've read it last time then if your opponent does not play the game at all you get 1000 points per game.
If your opponent drops out for whatever reason - nothing (at least that was the case in my game that ended as such) Unless of course you have played the game to a point that would satisfy a Victory condition for a scenario. In such case you may still be able to get the 500 point bonus.
karste70

Post by karste70 »

tkrysiak wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:03 pm
karste70 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:25 pm
Thanks, i think so too!

Is there a admin?

Many thanks for help!
Sorry this has happened to you, I mean -didn't we all change some units even in a scenario where they don't want us to? ;-)
I don't think anyone can help you with this. You two just need to talk it out really. I personally hate people who do not finish turns as a way of staying ahead or not losing and I do speak as somone who experienced it first hand. If he says he won't finish one game you can say you won't finish the other, or maybe just play one turn at a time?
Bottom line is that you guys have to reach an agreement as no one will get involved...
Thanks,
but now he don t play both sites, because it seams that i will win both games.
So i think i will lose ca. 2000 points, only because he is a bad loser.

Sorry that is no Championship!

We needs an arbiter, so we can report this!
And Steeltiger007 needs a ban!

For me is, he killed my fun for this tournament.
The game is cool, and there are a lot of nice and fair players, i learned a lot with much fun.
But now ?

I had to learn, that some players are unfair!
And this tournement can t save us for this.

So i think i need an other group, with better rules and more savings for unfair players.
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

SteelTiger007

Well I'm sorry to hear that, however not surprised. SteelTiger has given some hints about who he was in this forum (and this very thread). His "highlitghting post" was this one:

SteelTiger007 wrote: ↑14 Dec 2021 12:37
the snake team DOESNT GET IT, threats from from edmon about who complains 'WILL BE BANNED" is sure way to kill this forum. As an American who lives by US constitution (Thank God for it) FREE SPEECH means free thinking ,anyone OPPOSED TO THIS is a communist. players are here to play not according to "lets hold hands and everybody gets a trophy" rules. the snake team RUINED THIS TOURNY ,not the players!!! they didnt address the no show issues because their goal was just to get as many to sign up regardless of participation. So now you have 50% of the tourny NOT PLAYING YET SCORING!!!! YO THIS IS STUPID,ADMIT IT ALREADY....reducing this event to the total bullshit swiss scoring system so players can watch points on a scoreboard is MORONIC. A VERY SIMPLE WON LOST RECORD IS THE BEST WAY TO MAKE THIS TOURNY FAIR FOR EVERY PLAYER! ONE LAST COMMENT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS THE DEATH OIF FREEDOM. FUCK YOUR FEELINGS !!! and grow up face reality

He got banned from the forum after that, so don't expect him to answer here. Your only solution is to keep talking to him in your other game (and try to reason him), but personnaly I wouldn't expect much...
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

Trepko wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:04 pm

SteelTiger007

Well I'm sorry to hear that, however not surprised. SteelTiger has given some hints about who he was in this forum (and this very thread). His "highlitghting post" was this one:

SteelTiger007 wrote: ↑14 Dec 2021 12:37
the snake team DOESNT GET IT, threats from from edmon about who complains 'WILL BE BANNED" is sure way to kill this forum. As an American who lives by US constitution (Thank God for it) FREE SPEECH means free thinking ,anyone OPPOSED TO THIS is a communist. players are here to play not according to "lets hold hands and everybody gets a trophy" rules. the snake team RUINED THIS TOURNY ,not the players!!! they didnt address the no show issues because their goal was just to get as many to sign up regardless of participation. So now you have 50% of the tourny NOT PLAYING YET SCORING!!!! YO THIS IS STUPID,ADMIT IT ALREADY....reducing this event to the total bullshit swiss scoring system so players can watch points on a scoreboard is MORONIC. A VERY SIMPLE WON LOST RECORD IS THE BEST WAY TO MAKE THIS TOURNY FAIR FOR EVERY PLAYER! ONE LAST COMMENT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS THE DEATH OIF FREEDOM. FUCK YOUR FEELINGS !!! and grow up face reality

He got banned from the forum after that, so don't expect him to answer here. Your only solution is to keep talking to him in your other game (and try to reason him), but personally I wouldn't expect much...
Yup, Trepko hit the nail on its head there. Looks like you will indeed miss out on 2000 points and hopefully he will get punished if that is the case. As for losing fun on being part of the championship well - I lost 2000 points in exactly same way. Fell to rank 100, but the thing is the scenarios are fun to play and the people you meet on top of the ladder (or most of them lol) are also super fun to play against. Even though it is a real kick in the teeth, there are four more rounds to catch up ;-)

On a side note: +1 for the idea of having an arbiter to settle such issues. Even if assigning points is not possible due to balance etc there should at least be someone to root out people who spoil fun for the others.
grabbysnatch
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by grabbysnatch »

looks like i have again got another non player. First round my opponent didnt take any turns, round 4 opponent left half way through and now agaion an opponent not taking his turns. looked at his profile and he didnt play last round either. so frustrating. i know i cant win the comp but would like to play the rounds as i enjoy the different opponents etc so blooming frustrating
jad43
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by jad43 »

I played my first turn in round 7 but never heard from my opponent.
What should I do or slitherine do?
I am ranked #159. My opponent is Pirkc.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

jad43 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:44 pm I played my first turn in round 7 but never heard from my opponent.
What should I do or slitherine do?
I am ranked #159. My opponent is Pirkc.
Well considering he already missed previous round it could mean he is busy in RL. Downside is you may not be able to play the game, upside is that you should get 2000 points for it.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

Anyone else having issues connecting to a game Today?

EDIT: Issue was sorted after a couple of hours...
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

SteelTiger007

[...]
It is not cheating or unfair to change your unit setup during the course of the game.
It is just playing the map and adapting your army, which is a calculated short term penalty in expectation of a better outcome later. In short: A STRATEGY

The problem is people get very emotional when they face imminent defeat out of a situation where they think they are in a good place.
If they would not think so, they would have adapted too. In this game it is so easy to spot what the other guy is doing. It is too easy indeed.
So there is not even an excuse. This makes the emotional toll even harder - as the other player sees what you do, deemed it inferior to his estimate and then faces a reality in stark contrast to that.

Almost half the matches I coached during this tournament ended in rage quit by the other guy and after repetition in quit of the player coached.
It speaks volumes... It is the ultimate beta tournament.
The PzC (1) world title was created by people who deeply cared and loved the game. It was won under stellar supervision.
This tournament doesn't even have an announcement for the rounds anymore... what else is there to add?

There is: The maps and games are fun and great.
We can only commend the map designers. I admire their hand for balancing... as every scenario had changes for both sides.
They know the game and have the skill.

In this regard it far exceeded my expectations and showed the potential of PzC2 as a MP platform. It also showed its shortcomings and lack of interest to adress them.
The culprit of all misery is still the scoring. Without that, it would be a win for you Karsten and everything would be fine.
Most importantly: No negative emotions. The loser just steams off in the off-time and all is good.

But you know how it is - to paraphrase a great german leader:
We only learn from history that humans don't learn from history.

You improved greatly in this tournament although you got cheated several times yourself by the scoring.
You persevered
Heil Dir
rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by rexhurley »

grabbysnatch wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:31 pm looks like i have again got another non player. First round my opponent didnt take any turns, round 4 opponent left half way through and now agaion an opponent not taking his turns. looked at his profile and he didnt play last round either. so frustrating. i know i cant win the comp but would like to play the rounds as i enjoy the different opponents etc so blooming frustrating
Round 8 for me another story of a start and even though I am loosing both games my opponent Doc H20s has stopped playing at Turn 5. After four matches out of eight like this thanks Slitherine for not doing jack shit to stop this crap.
brianjones17
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by brianjones17 »

rexhurley wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:37 am
grabbysnatch wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:31 pm looks like i have again got another non player. First round my opponent didnt take any turns, round 4 opponent left half way through and now agaion an opponent not taking his turns. looked at his profile and he didnt play last round either. so frustrating. i know i cant win the comp but would like to play the rounds as i enjoy the different opponents etc so blooming frustrating
Round 8 for me another story of a start and even though I am loosing both games my opponent Doc H20s has stopped playing at Turn 5. After four matches out of eight like this thanks Slitherine for not doing jack shit to stop this crap.
Sorry to hear these stories of players "stop playing" or "no shows" it happened to me last PC2 tournament 2 of the 3 games so I understand your frustration and disappointment. So far this WC I have had some close intense and very enjoyable games so thank you to all my opponents. Most of my games start with greetings and good luck wishes. Maybe its time in this tournament to boot the non players and no shows if a player has 2 consecutive non completion of games its time to show them the "red card " and send them off like its done in soccer or rugby. Good luck all for the remaining rounds cheers
BRIANJONES17
ratprince
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place

Post by ratprince »

Another round gone...another no show. Not a single turn taken. Yay! 2000 points....UGH.. :roll:

It is sad this tournament is so broken. It would be fun otherwise. But when three of your matches are no shows and you get about 60% of what you can get by actually winning, what is the point in playing?

For a year long tourney, you would think the scoring system would have been really worked out cleanly and fairly.

Vent complete.
Bravidstorm

Post by Bravidstorm »

I have just had the frustration in the latest round of a slow playing opponent so we didnt get to finish the game, turn 13 out of 15, and way ahead in both games, but have not been given win bonus etc. to be fair to my opponent i dont think they were doing it intentionally as had just played their response as game times out - should be option to extend by few days to finish, or to score game based on end point with win bonus etc
brianjones17
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by brianjones17 »

Help anyone as the German player I hold all victory hexs in Berlin with only Russian units outside the city to the north. I thought that when I took the 10th Victory hex in the south east corner of the city that I would be the winner ???? what do I need to do to achieve Victory
BRIANJONES17
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by PaganCyC »

brianjones17 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:48 pm Help anyone as the German player I hold all victory hexs in Berlin with only Russian units outside the city to the north. I thought that when I took the 10th Victory hex in the south east corner of the city that I would be the winner ???? what do I need to do to achieve Victory
The game starts with the German player controlling all 10 VHs. I believe you need to take all the Soviet supply hexes and destroy all Soviet units to have the game end.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”