Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Adel77
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Adel77 »

Anybody else having strange savegame issues this round where the game does not save the progress?

Described the problem here https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 99#p973599

@ Support - Please resolve
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by PaganCyC »

Adel77 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:09 am Anybody else having strange savegame issues this round where the game does not save the progress?

Described the problem here https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 99#p973599

Yes, I posted in tech support about this issue weeks ago. No response.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

SO, Brits can't get a bonus for early win? I won round 12 and did not get 500 points OR any points for remaining rounds...another bug or is anyone in the same boat?
Adel77

Post by Adel77 »

tkrysiak wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:30 am SO, Brits can't get a bonus for early win? I won round 12 and did not get 500 points OR any points for remaining rounds...another bug or is anyone in the same boat?
Reported the same problem some rounds earlier.
So apparently your game also ended after killing last unit or taking last supply hex.

It depends on the victory conditions set in the game. If there is no victory condition set for defender or the vic condition for the attacker does not match, the game needs to go the full distance of 15 turns for you to get the bonus and the proper ending. Otherwise, you see victory, but are screwed out of points

The problem is - not everybody will do that with/for you. I informed two opponents in the past to please finish the game with me, but they lost interest due to not having units anymore. So basically playing strong as defender is a gamble.
If you get a bad sport, you are worse off than an average finish.
Adel77

Post by Adel77 »

PaganCyC wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:36 pm
Adel77 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:09 am Anybody else having strange savegame issues this round where the game does not save the progress?

Yes, I posted in tech support about this issue weeks ago. No response.
Thanks, found your posting now

Others also had this issue, so at least we know it is not our setup but a common problem
Would be interesting if it happens in MP all around now or just the tournament
ElLobo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by ElLobo »

Hey There,

It is soooooo disappointing and sad, that people start playing and do not have the education to finish what they started,...
....it´s remainds me to little children: when they can´t win, they throw the table and the game so that noboday can continue,...

but well,... i guess thats called "Bad Luck" when you need to play against one of these!!!
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

Adel77 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:39 pm
tkrysiak wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:30 am SO, Brits can't get a bonus for early win? I won round 12 and did not get 500 points OR any points for remaining rounds...another bug or is anyone in the same boat?
Reported the same problem some rounds earlier.
So apparently your game also ended after killing last unit or taking last supply hex.

It depends on the victory conditions set in the game. If there is no victory condition set for defender or the vic condition for the attacker does not match, the game needs to go the full distance of 15 turns for you to get the bonus and the proper ending. Otherwise, you see victory, but are screwed out of points

The problem is - not everybody will do that with/for you. I informed two opponents in the past to please finish the game with me, but they lost interest due to not having units anymore. So basically playing strong as defender is a gamble.
If you get a bad sport, you are worse off than an average finish.
Right, I am just an idiot - it is exactly as you say. For some reason when I saw "uploading game" I was surprised there was an actual early win - and it was just a round upload ;-)
Bueschel
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Bueschel »

Hi

I am playing at round 10 and every, really every, attack I do is worse then estimate. No attack hits the point as estimate.
I attack a plane (Scout) with health of 3, it is estimated of losing 3 health point and destroying, but I destroy only one health point. I attack again and the plane is losing one health point. Then I attack with a 10 health point AA and I don't destroy the plane!!! I am attacking a tank, estimated 4 to destroy, I destroy only 2 and so forth. If this happen one or two times thats ok, but not at every attack I made. And I really mean every attack.
That didn't happen before in the tournament. It is impossible to have such bad luck, isn'i it?
Doc H2Os
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Doc H2Os »

Yes, I have had a similar problem several times this round when I go to upload the game after a move.
whitescale

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Oppenant not advancing Turn 10

Post by whitescale »

My opponent Axrix has not advanced the Round10, and we only have a day left of play. I have privately emailed Axrix to process the turns. I have received no replies. I have sent texts to Admin. and posted on the public forum urging Axrix to move the game along. To no avail. I do not like to call out people, but I find this behavior very frustrating in these circumstances. A response would have been polite indicating why you could not proceed with the game. Now our scores are 0 to 0 for competition. Regards, Whitescale
Panzerfater
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Panzerfater »

:shock:
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

ElLobo wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:17 pm Hey There,

It is soooooo disappointing and sad, that people start playing and do not have the education to finish what they started,...
....it´s remainds me to little children: when they can´t win, they throw the table and the game so that noboday can continue,...

but well,... i guess thats called "Bad Luck" when you need to play against one of these!!!
It is a character issue.
It shows us how weak the cohesion is in this community and what it is made of.
Overall it is still a malfunction of the rules - that has the inadvertent effect to showcase the poor character of some.
To see others for what they truly are in life, miserable and numb, is not the experience hex strategy should give. I would expect mature people in a setting like this, so the expectation clashes hard with reality. Result: Frustration

Those losers need to be saved from themselves or they hurt this format where it matters most => Core players

In German, the appropriate term is Kameradensau oder Kameradenschwein.
It came up latephase/post-WW2 amongst Germans in prison camps.
Before we did not have this phenomenon.
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

Panzerfater wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:49 am:shock:
Did you overthink your statement that you don't finish because those points matter little regardless in the middle of the ladder?
I liked your honesty about that.
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

Lifever wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:04 pm
ElLobo wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:17 pm Hey There,

It is a character issue.
It shows us how weak the cohesion is in this community and what it is made of.
Overall it is still a malfunction of the rules - that has the inadvertent effect to showcase the poor character of some.
To see others for what they truly are in life, miserable and numb, is not the experience hex strategy should give. I would expect mature people in a setting like this, so the expectation clashes hard with reality. Result: Frustration

Those losers need to be saved from themselves or they hurt this format where it matters most => Core players

In German, the appropriate term is Kameradensau oder Kameradenschwein.
It came up latephase/post-WW2 amongst Germans in prison camps.
Before we did not have this phenomenon.

You´re right it´s a matter of character, well i would add education!!!

But truly, it is sad, that some "Kids" (I guess an adult would continue playing, in matter of fun)
are such sore loosers!!!

It would have been a very good game for me, and a nice result, it was turn 10/11 and i had as german a nice encirclement of the enemy close gazala and a defeat of his tanks in the south,....Tobruk was alredy taken,..
As british i already had the germans destroyed,...only some soft resistance continued close gazala,...but well,...
...luckily i made some nice pictures, of that victory, probably my best during this championship,...

But as i said before: "Bad Luck" .....a sore looser, a kid, ....

and the points are gone,....sad? no,...i have my victory, but it´ll be difficult to get into the top ten!!
But not because of that kid!!- Because of mine mistakes i made in the round before, or some earlier...

This Kid is a Kid, and i do not like it to give him such importance, even he is not worth to be inpolite!!

The only bad thing is: such a kid pulls the whole championship into nothing,....what if number one in the list would have met 3 of them,....he wouldn´t have gained 27K points....

So what else to say...I´m sorry for this Championship,.... sore looser are destroying it!!!

Dear XXXXXX thank you very much for this fantastic Round and your challanging fight!!!

Good Luck to you!!!!
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

I need to make a correction

My Opponent, just played Turn 11 and Turn 12 .....too late anyway!!!
ratprince
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place

Post by ratprince »

It is really disappointing how poorly this tournament was designed and administered. A couple years ago there was an amazing panzer korp year long tournament that was fabulous except for a few minor hiccups.

In this, the scoring is atrocious and broken. The player base is infantile. The admins essentially ignore the tournament. And, what could be an amazing long, fun adventure has turned into a morass of shitty, unfair results and severely bad sportsmanship.

Literally every match Ive played that I am "winning" my opponent quits relegating my score to pathetic. And on one match that I was sick for two days and my opponent complained (rightfully of course) I was docked all of my points?!

I hope the next time they run a tourney, they learn from these mistakes. What could have been a fun long tournament is really just a trial in frustration now.
CyberHetman

Post by CyberHetman »

ratprince wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:03 pm It is really disappointing how poorly this tournament was designed and administered. A couple years ago there was an amazing panzer korp year long tournament that was fabulous except for a few minor hiccups.

In this, the scoring is atrocious and broken. The player base is infantile. The admins essentially ignore the tournament. And, what could be an amazing long, fun adventure has turned into a morass of shitty, unfair results and severely bad sportsmanship.

Literally every match Ive played that I am "winning" my opponent quits relegating my score to pathetic. And on one match that I was sick for two days and my opponent complained (rightfully of course) I was docked all of my points?!

I hope the next time they run a tourney, they learn from these mistakes. What could have been a fun long tournament is really just a trial in frustration now.
Funny, because in the game with me (turn 9) you behaved exactly like those you complain about.
Thanks to that I lost about 1500 points and you lost some too.
ratprince

Post by ratprince »

Yeah, sorry about that. I did message them and let them know I was sick for the week. Hopefully it didn't hurt too much. I can see you're upset though, which you are right being.
CyberHetman

Post by CyberHetman »

ratprince wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:57 am Yeah, sorry about that. I did message them and let them know I was sick for the week. Hopefully it didn't hurt too much. I can see you're upset though, which you are right being.
Apology accepted.
I have had a total of 3 such cases so I agree it is a problem.

I think there is easy solution:
a) more points should be given to the person who played with the one who stopped:
Points for victory of game + all points for taken victory hex and 50-80% for the other victory hex, sum multiplied by the number of remaining rounds.
b) person who stop play should get only half of points which he earn to this point.
PaganCyC

Post by PaganCyC »

After multiple times having a partially finished deployment or turn uploaded but then apparently lost by the server, I have now lost an entire turn of mine and my opponent. I had played part of turn 3 as the Germans, but had to go do something else. When I returned to play, it downloaded a save from the middle of turn 2. I am getting really sick of the lack of support!

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”