What’s going on with this forum ?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Epperaliant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: What’s going on with this forum ?

Post by Epperaliant »

I think it needs couple more stickies, just in case.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: What’s going on with this forum ?

Post by bru888 »

Epperaliant wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:31 pm I think it needs couple more stickies, just in case.
Can't touch the Announcements stickies, of course. That's where Slitherine's money is made!

But I wish, when they recruited me and some other guy to be forum moderators (that guy's forum name I have forgotten because he's been gone for so long now, and it's not Erik, who has been around since the Creation — of Slitherine, if not the World), that they had given us the capability of stickying and unstickying this forum's Topics threads. I remember being told that they had recently experienced a breach of decorum and judgment on the part of a former moderator, so our "powers" as moderator noobs were circumscribed.

For, I agree with you that the stickies on this board (and elsewhere) could use some trimming. For example, "weizhinaihe is the champion of Winter 2021/2022 Tournament of Order of Battle," "Now on GeForce Now," "Order of Battle - Discord Channel," and especially "Order of Battle will no longer support Windows XP," "Important: Order of Battle upgrades to 64-bit!" and "(P)reviews, streams & other info sources" could use trimming. But alas, we are in one of those periods when "There is nobody home!" — an Artistocrats/OOB official, I mean.

And I'm telling you, either I AM crazy, or the size of this forum has shrunk down again to what it was when it made its transition to this format. QFT and future reference if it changes again, back to the bigger size that I thought I saw recently. :?

Image1673.jpg
Image1673.jpg (452.89 KiB) Viewed 248 times
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle Series”