Vae Victis III - Bellum Italicum: Closed

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Vae Victis III - Bellum Italicum: Ongoing

Post by batesmotel »

10. Type B - Capua: batesmotel (army 10, 1358 FP) versus kronenblatt (Samnite or Campanian, 1200 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural.

batesmotel defeats kronenblatt 42-10 to liberate Capua.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
dim30
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by dim30 »

7. Type A - dim30 (army 7, 1367 FP) versus carpenkm (army 17, 1328 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural. dim30 sets up.

Dim30 epirote win against Carpenkm Apulian. 21/47

Pikes are a tough opponent for hoplites, but Apulian gave a hard fight...
Giacofa93
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Giacofa93 »

8. Type B - Megara Hyblaia: Giacofa93 (army 8, 1400 FP) versus Aetius39 (Syracusan, 1000 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural.

Set up for Aetius39, pwd: aetius
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Battle status?

Post by kronenblatt »

Battles (current status)
1. Neapolis: kronenblatt (army 1) versus carpenkm (Greek).
2. Aetius39 (army 2) versus Dreddradish (army 18).
5. Sarsina: Rosedelio (army 5) versus kronenblatt (Italic Tribal). => Rosedelio defeats kronenblatt 50-4.
6. Messana: shane30 (army 6) versus markleslie (Greek or Syracusan). => shane30 defeats markleslie 55-30.
7. dim30 (army 7) versus carpenkm (army 17). => dim30 defeats carpenkm 47-21.
8. Megara Hyblaia: Giacofa93 (army 8) versus Aetius39 (Syracusan).
9. Volaterrae: deeter (army 9) versus shane30 (Etruscan). => deeter defeats shane30 62-44.
10. Capua: batesmotel (army 10) versus kronenblatt (Samnite or Campanian). => batesmotel defeats kronenblatt 42-10.
16. Doyley50 (army 16) versus Dreddradish (army 18). => Dreddradish defeats Doyley50 49-23.

What's the status of battles 1, 2, and 8? (battle 1 is ongoing.)
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
Dreddradish
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Dreddradish »

Battle 2 was only a few turns old when Aetius went on holiday and so we mutually called it a draw. 0 - 0
Giacofa93

Post by Giacofa93 »

Giacofa93 (army 8) defeats Aetius39 (Syracusan) 47-14

My opponent fought very bravely but finally the superior numbers triumphed
kronenblatt

Re: Battle status?

Post by kronenblatt »

1. Neapolis: kronenblatt (army 1) versus carpenkm (Greek).
=> kronenblatt defeats carpenkm 64-45.

kronenblatt

Round 6: Concluded battles

Post by kronenblatt »

1. Neapolis: kronenblatt (army 1) wins against carpenkm (Greek) 64 - 45.
2. Aetius39 (army 2) draws with Dreddradish (army 18) 0 - 0.
5. Sarsina: Rosedelio (army 5) wins against kronenblatt (Italic Tribal) 50 - 4.
6. Messana: shane30 (army 6) wins against markleslie (Greek or Syracusan) 55 - 30.
7. dim30 (army 7) wins against carpenkm (army 17) 47 - 21.
8. Megara Hyblaia: Giacofa93 (army 8) wins against Aetius39 (Syracusan) 47 - 14.
9. Volaterrae: deeter (army 9) wins against shane30 (Etruscan) 62 - 44.
10. Capua: batesmotel (army 10) wins against kronenblatt (Samnite or Campanian) 42 - 10.
16. Doyley50 (army 16) loses against Dreddradish (army 18) 23 - 49.

kronenblatt

Round 6: Post-battle administration

Post by kronenblatt »

Losing armies: have been moved in line with the rule below. Please let me know by tomorrow (Wednesday, October 19) if you want them to reappear elsewhere.

A player's army having lost a battle is removed from its hex and placed in the hex of an owned structure along its logistics line closest (in number of hexes) to where it lost the battle, or (failing that) in a hex adjacent to its capital (farthest away from any other armies, if no instructions are given).

Winning armies: please let me know by tomorrow (Wednesday, October 19) if you want to advance in accordance the rule below. (My army #1 did.)

A player's army having won a battle either remains in its hex or (if giving explicit instructions thereto) moves into the adjacent hex previously occupied by a removed losing enemy army or into the adjacent hex of the Town or City that it just gained ownership of.

Drawing armies: have been moved two hexes away from the enemy army.

A player's army having drawn a battle moves 2 hexes away from the armies it fought, even if it means moving into the ZoC of an army from another player.

kronenblatt

Round 7: Movement instructions

Post by kronenblatt »

Time has come for round 7's order giving and movement instructions and the 12 MP each of your armies have.

Please send to me through replying to my PM by Wednesday October 26 (9 PM, Swedish time) at the latest, and just as a simple sequence of individual moves (e.g., 2 4 2 6 0 6), with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by the administrator). I will not open the PMs from any of you guys until I've published my own movement instructions for army #1.

For details, please check Giving orders and Movement in the RULES.

Any questions? Please ask them in this thread, for everyone else to see question and answer.

Don't worry: we'll all still hold each other's hands to get to know and understand the rules, etc., together. This is for fun, after all! :)

kronenblatt

Round 7: Movement Execution

Post by kronenblatt »

Please let me know whether the above and the map below is in line with your instructions and intentions.

Comments
  • Army 10, batesmotel: I used your verbal instructions and switched the 2 and 12 at the end to keep your army on the road.
  • Army 11, TheGrayMouser: I 'interpreted' your 12 as a 10, i.e., moving towards Ancona since it otherwise would have resulted your army moving into a coast hex, which is not allowed. Please let me know whether that is what you had in mind.

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Round 7: Movement Execution

Post by TheGrayMouser »

kronenblatt wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:11 pm Image

Please let me know whether the above and the map below is in line with your instructions and intentions.

Comments
  • Army 10, batesmotel: I used your verbal instructions and switched the 2 and 12 at the end to keep your army on the road.
  • Army 11, TheGrayMouser: I 'interpreted' your 12 as a 10, i.e., moving towards Ancona since it otherwise would have resulted your army moving into a coast hex, which is not allowed. Please let me know whether that is what you had in mind.
Oops , the troops tried to hit the beaches instead of attacking Ancona again like I ordered, thanks for setting them straight!
kronenblatt

Round 7: Randomised battle opponent draws

Post by kronenblatt »

In 5 of this round's 9 battles, randomised opponents need to be drawn. Results below, as before based on each player's army getting a random number between 0 and 1, ranking them based on that random number and thus obtaining an opponent where needed. Redraws are made until no player's army (whether needing a random opponent or not) will be drawn itself as opponent, with the adjustment this round and going forward that I redrew until also the maximum number of games for any individual player was 2 and the number of players without any games this round was 4 (which was the minimum number appearing after several test draws). All with the purpose of random draws but with a spread out distribution of games among players as much as possible.

kronenblatt

Round 7: Battle resolution

Post by kronenblatt »

1. Type B - Salernum: kronenblatt (army 1, 1400 FP) versus dim30 (Campanian, 1000 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural. dim30 sets up.
2. Type B - Tarquinium: Aetius39 (army 2, 1400 FP) versus Dreddradish (Etruscan, 1200 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural. Dreddradish sets up.
6. Type B - Tauromenium: shane30 (army 6, 1346 FP) versus markleslie (Greek or Syracusan, 1000 FP). Mediterranean Hilly. markleslie sets up.
7. Type A - dim30 (army 7, 1346 + 30 FP due to City ) versus carpenkm (army 17, 1234 FP + 30 FP due to Capital). Mediterranean Agricultural. carpenkm sets up.
8. Type A - Giacofa93 (army 8, 1442 FP) versus markleslie (army 4, 1388 + 60 FP due to Capital and Town). Mediterranean Agricultural. markleslie sets up.
11. Type B - Ancona: TheGrayMouser (army 11, 1211 FP ) versus dragmio (Umbrian 1200 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural. dragmio sets up.
13. Type B - Petelia: dragmio (army 13, 1355 FP) versus batesmotel (Lucanian, 1000 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural. batesmotel sets up.
16. Type B - Vulci: Doyley50 (army 16, 1202 FP) versus Karvon (Etruscan, 1000 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural. Karvon sets up.
18. Type B - Aurinia: Dreddradish (army 18, 1256 FP) versus SpeedyCM (Etruscan, 1000 FP). Mediterranean Hilly. SpeedyCM sets up.

Please note:
  • Check for your respective battles that the above (FPs and terrains) seem correct.
  • Battles to be set up by the defender in Type B battles and by the player having spent the fewest MP in Type A battles (as specified above).
  • Module: VV: Bellum Italicum v4 (please note: version 4!).
  • Scenario: Open Battle.
  • Turn limit: 24 turns.
  • Map size:
    • Type A battles: Large (40 x 32).
    • Type B battles: Medium (32 x 32).
  • Map type: as specified above.
  • Force size: as specified above (reflecting army strength and structures), but additionally see Army strength and force point adjustment in the rules.
  • Armies: see Armies and allies in battles in the rules.
  • No map re-rolls.
  • The winner, or the player having incurred the fewest casualties, reports the results in this thread.
  • Battles to be concluded and reported within an period of five weeks from now, i.e., by December 3 at latest.

Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

16. Type B - Vulci: Doyley50 (army 16, 1200 FP) versus Karvon (Etruscan, 1000 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural. Karvon sets up.

game's up

pw karvon

pm sent.
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

13. Type B - Petelia: dragmio (army 13, 1355 FP) versus batesmotel (Lucanian, 1000 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural. batesmotel sets up.

Battle set up, password dragmio. Let me know if you want to use allies and I can re-create the battle.

PM sent

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Yes, please make sure (if you’re the one setting up the game) to ask whether the other player brings any allies. And if you’re that other player to advise proactively which allies you’re bringing.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Karvon wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:26 am 16. Type B - Vulci: Doyley50 (army 16, 1200 FP) versus Karvon (Etruscan, 1000 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural. Karvon sets up.

game's up

pw karvon

pm sent.
Should actually be 1202 FP for Doyley50, if that makes any difference. My typo and my bad. Sorry.

Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Doyley50 »

A paltry two points is neither here nor there.
kronenblatt

Re: Round 7: Battle resolution

Post by kronenblatt »

1. Type B - Salernum: kronenblatt (army 1, 1400 FP) versus dim30 (Campanian, 1000 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural. dim30 sets up.

=> @dim30: I'll be using Campanian main army with Greek allies against “your” Campanians.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”