Storm Over Europe - (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Mateusz300
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Storm Over Europe - Condor Legion (Custom Campaign)

Post by Mateusz300 »

Ezequiel1996 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:32 pm Thank you for the kind words :).
We have found actually a way to tighten the enemy and ally AI to be more harder than it is now. We are going to upgrade the enemy and allied AI for the next patch along with some improvements to the later scenarios so you have more challenge while playing it.
Hello guys, I haven't played your campaign yet (I'm finishing GC in old PC1 with deductor mod) and I would like to ask you not to drastically increase the difficulty level. I play PC2 only at the colonel level with no negative and positive traits, I try not to cheat with the save & load method. For example, for me the PC1 GC mod was frustrating because it is too difficult. Maybe I'm a weak player, but remember the likes of me too. I would also like to appeal to you to remember, as far as possible, historical realities. For example, in the PC 1 mod I met with a lot of Polish tanks and fighters in many missions. It's completely ahistorical. That's why I stopped playing the PC1 mod. We all love GC from PC 1 and remember that the missions could be difficult and exciting, being quite consistent with historical realities. I'm so glad you're creating your campaign, but be sure to keep in mind the weaker players if possible. D
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Mateusz300 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:48 pm
We have found actually a way to tighten the enemy and ally AI to be more harder than it is now. We are going to upgrade the enemy and allied AI for the next patch along with some improvements to the later scenarios so you have more challenge while playing it.
Hello guys, I haven't played your campaign yet (I'm finishing GC in old PC1 with deductor mod) and I would like to ask you not to drastically increase the difficulty level. I play PC2 only at the colonel level with no negative and positive traits, I try not to cheat with the save & load method. For example, for me the PC1 GC mod was frustrating because it is too difficult. Maybe I'm a weak player, but remember the likes of me too. I would also like to appeal to you to remember, as far as possible, historical realities. For example, in the PC 1 mod I met with a lot of Polish tanks and fighters in many missions. It's completely ahistorical. That's why I stopped playing the PC1 mod. We all love GC from PC 1 and remember that the missions could be difficult and exciting, being quite consistent with historical realities. I'm so glad you're creating your campaign, but be sure to keep in mind the weaker players if possible. D
We do not intend to make the mod beyond playability. However, some people have pointed out certain scenarios are not as balanced as they like and too easy. Those we are going to tweak and update in the next release. The mods are always a work in progress and unfortunately it is hard to tailor to anyone particular style of play. That is why there is a myriad of ways to change the playability in the main game engine.

In PC1 Grand Campaign. Grondel has just finished a major update on that with a lot changes all the way through the campaign and I will be uploading that very soon to that thread so you might want to revisit and see if the playability has changed. You can check there for the update and the change log.
Mateusz300

Post by Mateusz300 »

tpoo wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:33 pm
Mateusz300 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:48 pm
We do not intend to make the mod beyond playability. However, some people have pointed out certain scenarios are not as balanced as they like and too easy. Those we are going to tweak and update in the next release. The mods are always a work in progress and unfortunately it is hard to tailor to anyone particular style of play. That is why there is a myriad of ways to change the playability in the main game engine.

In PC1 Grand Campaign. Grondel has just finished a major update on that with a lot changes all the way through the campaign and I will be uploading that very soon to that thread so you might want to revisit and see if the playability has changed. You can check there for the update and the change log.

Thank you for the answer, I will check the playability in PC1 GC mod.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Mateusz300 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:55 pm I play PC2 only at the colonel level with no negative and positive traits, I try not to cheat with the save & load method.
actually the dif setting between private and generallisimus has little effect on the difficulty of the game, which is weird i know ;) but thats how it is.

if u want to influence the difficulty of the game make use of the traits and the randomness setting in the advanced diff tab just all the way down when u start a campaign.
reduce the randomness to like 10-20% and give urself any number of traitpoints between 1 and 10, depending on the difficulty u want. the more traits the easier the game.
playing without any traits is probably the reason why u experienced a hard time ;) it´s like fighting with both hands tied behind ur back, i would only advice such tactics for real pros and maniacs ;)

if u want further advice as to how to adjust the difficulty to make the game challenging for ur skill level feel free to ask.

sers,
Thomas

Edit:
in the advanced settings is the option to get unlimited undos. this feature is really great to learn how to play better, since u can try what happens when u do what.
Ezequiel1996
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Grondel wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:47 am
Mateusz300 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:55 pm I play PC2 only at the colonel level with no negative and positive traits, I try not to cheat with the save & load method.
actually the dif setting between private and generallisimus has little effect on the difficulty of the game, which is weird i know ;) but thats how it is.

if u want to influence the difficulty of the game make use of the traits and the randomness setting in the advanced diff tab just all the way down when u start a campaign.
reduce the randomness to like 10-20% and give urself any number of traitpoints between 1 and 10, depending on the difficulty u want. the more traits the easier the game.
playing without any traits is probably the reason why u experienced a hard time ;) it´s like fighting with both hands tied behind ur back, i would only advice such tactics for real pros and maniacs ;)

if u want further advice as to how to adjust the difficulty to make the game challenging for ur skill level feel free to ask.

sers,
Thomas

Edit:
in the advanced settings is the option to get unlimited undos. this feature is really great to learn how to play better, since u can try what happens when u do what.
Agree with Grondel, the only difference between the difficulty levels is the prestige and the enemy accuracy, everything else is just the same. So mess around with the advanced tab. That way you can tune the game to your liking :)
Mateusz300

Post by Mateusz300 »

Grondel wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:47 am

sers,
Thomas

Edit:
I always play PC2 on combat randomness 100% (i think its like new rules 1.20 in PC1?). I like the relative consistency with historical realities. For example if I use a trait like aggressive deployment and the game becomes 2x easier but also 10x less realistic. I can use artillery as mobile artillery vehicles, it costs less slots a mobile one. I can use anti-tank guns as mobile. Surely you know why the Germans constructed such weapon as STURMPANZER BISON, WESPE, PANZERJAGER, MARDER etc. I like such historical realities. There are many positive traits that I think make the game so unengaging. I would prefer that PC2 did not have the option to choose between positive and negative traits :D . This is, of course, my opinion, you do not have to agree with it. But there are as many cool campaigns as PC1 mod and STORM OVER EUROPE - I'm afraid that I will not be able to use them further, because they are passable with several positive features. Maybe Iam wrong? Is there anybody who play STORM OVER EUROPE without positive / negative traits? Greetings guys!
Mateusz300

Post by Mateusz300 »

[/quote]
Agree with Grondel, the only difference between the difficulty levels is the prestige and the enemy accuracy, everything else is just the same.
[/quote]

Thank you, didnt know that :)
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Mateusz300 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:25 am But there are as many cool campaigns as PC1 mod and STORM OVER EUROPE - I'm afraid that I will not be able to use them further, because they are passable with several positive features. Maybe Iam wrong? Is there anybody who play STORM OVER EUROPE without positive / negative traits? Greetings guys!
when i test campaigns to see if all is correct and adjust the difficulty i play with no traits and ditch OP hero combinations to make sure anybody can do it. Setting randomness to 100% makes the game completely unpredictable and luck related. A tank attacking infantrie in a city hex can take 0 damage and kill the infantrie with this setting in extrem roles. ;)

maybe try a campaign with a low randomness setting like 10-20% and see for urself how its like?

sers,
Thomas
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

When I realize the game gets to easy, what can easisly happen depending in the heroes you get, I enable David vs Golitath. The problem is if you got allies, they cant adjust to that setting and it ruins some maps.
Like in the DLC 1942 air scenarios.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Hello

UPDATED VERSION 1.04 Critical Update.
An updated download link has been added to the first post in this thread

Fixes.
Errors corrected in Stormchaser's Unit Toolbox Mod causing AA/AT causing AA/AT units not to support which could also affect other mods and games if Storm Over Europe mod left enabled.
Minor Allied and Enemy AI updates.
Minor updates to Battle of Teruel and Valencia scenarios.
Kreuzfeuer63
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Kreuzfeuer63 »

Hello
I like your mod very much. The maps could be bigger though. When will your next campaign appear(1939). I am already very excited.
raider45
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by raider45 »

Hi,
there is still a problem with the event ? at the beginning of Battle of Guadiana.
The billing is different here than it is in the dialog!
At the beginning I can choose between an Italian fighter for 4CPs, but it only shows 2CPs and still 4 is charged? Or the Heinkel Proto for 1000 prestige, I was also deducted 4 CPs here.

If I load an old save, e.g. Battle of Bilbao, is there still a difference in the awards (flying ace level 1 or 2) to the other scenarios?
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

raider45 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:08 pm Hi,
there is still a problem with the event ? at the beginning of Battle of Guadiana.
The billing is different here than it is in the dialog!
At the beginning I can choose between an Italian fighter for 4CPs, but it only shows 2CPs and still 4 is charged? Or the Heinkel Proto for 1000 prestige, I was also deducted 4 CPs here.

If I load an old save, e.g. Battle of Bilbao, is there still a difference in the awards (flying ace level 1 or 2) to the other scenarios?
Nope it seems that we forgot to fix it, but the correct thing should be 4 CPs. We change that script a lot and we seem to forgot to update it :( i'm sorry for the inconvience :(.
It should update to the newest version of the lua file in its folder. but only after you restart the scenario
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Kreuzfeuer63 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:15 am Hello
I like your mod very much. The maps could be bigger though. When will your next campaign appear(1939). I am already very excited.
Thank you for the kind words!, yes in 1939 some maps are bigger :).
It will be ready soon, can't say when but it is under development right now ;). Im doing it and i did some exciting features and new stuff so it takes time to get all working and flowing correctly :)
egrofik
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by egrofik »

Hello,
could you describe the replacment mechanics a little bit further regarding costs? In my opinion it is very expensive to use elite replacments which I normaly use in other campains.
This is unexpected for me...
EDIT: Now I found a way the get prestige...trophys trait and captured units whenever possible
Last edited by egrofik on Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanjiaoge
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by sanjiaoge »

I like this mod very much.Thanks.
CaesarCzech
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by CaesarCzech »

Ezzi how did you handle Spanish Support in Further Wars ? i know i suggested having secondary objectives award tokens and then simply have the total spanish support be based on the number of those tokens back during testing but i wasnt around during late period of testing, Also Give Kudos to your briefing guy the Briefings are much better than what i writen.

Hopefully we will be able to do some branching in next parts due to 1943 DLC if we can dissect it.

Seriously guys PzC II suffers a bit from the mechanics i had written special popups on every objective as well as sort of DV popup if all objectives are completed but while you may write the stuff its hard to actually get it into the game. Like there was even talk of having different heroes pop up into briefings based on if you have them in core or not. Game really could use some Simple IF THEN functions to allow you to setup differences. Hopefully its going to be more moddable in future due to DLC branching.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

CaesarCzech wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:52 am Hopefully its going to be more moddable in future due to DLC branching.
download the PC1 mod from steam or this forum and check on the campaign.lua of 1943 NH. branching is possible since game release, it just hasn´t been utilized by AO for unknown reasons.

sers,
Thomas
CaesarCzech

Post by CaesarCzech »

Grondel wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:58 am
CaesarCzech wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:52 am Hopefully its going to be more moddable in future due to DLC branching.
download the PC1 mod from steam or this forum and check on the campaign.lua of 1943 NH. branching is possible since game release, it just hasn´t been utilized by AO for unknown reasons.

sers,
Thomas
I meant less branching and more in reactivity way basically me and Ezi had idea to slighly change unit positions and bit of briefing based on on accomplishment of secondary objective in one scenario but we didnt know how to branch it because that scenario that would be impacted was way later in campaign.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

CaesarCzech wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:07 am I meant less branching and more in reactivity way basically me and Ezi had idea to slighly change unit positions and bit of briefing based on on accomplishment of secondary objective in one scenario but we didnt know how to branch it because that scenario that would be impacted was way later in campaign.
thats exactly what i am doing in 1943 NH. depending on ur secondaries u will end up on diff maps. just like it was done in PC1 with decisive/normal victory. if i had known how to do this earlier we could have done way better in the earlier years of the remake.

sers,
Thomas

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”