Storm Over Europe - (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Storm Over Europe - Condor Legion (Custom Campaign)

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Danger wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:57 pm
sakura006 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:14 pm Is there a list of hidden objectives or heroes? I remember 1 scenario where I have to search 5 villages for a guy, it says he is unlikely to survive, but I need to widen the search. Will there be some rewards if I keep searching?
Yes you need to use a recon plane and be ready to move fast to get to him. It gets you an ace pilot that you can keep for future campaigns.

There's no guide but if you can understand a bit of lua scripting, you can take a look at the lua script for each mission at a time and know roughly what to expect. It takes a bit of digging into. They are accessible in your workshop folder if you get from it steam (steamfolder\workshop\content\1072040\2777982249\) or Documents\MyGame\PanzerCorps 2 mod folder if you downloaded it from here.

Scrolling through these, it looks like the tank hero gets a +1 Air Def +1 Air Attack(?) buff, in addition to the traits-- is that correct?
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

No, that seems to refer to an enemy hero. The tank hero you get has imho very useful traits. Comes a bit later though.

function CreateAndAssignEnemyHero2(unit_id)
sapper1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sapper1 »

tpoo wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:59 pm
sapper1 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:16 pm Ever since I updated this mod with what I believe was the inclusion of the Unit Toolbox Mod when I try and start a new game and purchase units it crashes my game. I attempted to disable this mod with the same results. Any thoughts or suggestions? This mod and the remainder of the game worked fine prior to the latest update of SoE.

Thank you!
Hello
Thank for your update. Can you provide some more information about when and where this is happening, start of a new campaign, what are you trying to purchase? I have not experienced this so I need something more to track down the issue. What are all the Mods that you have on your Mod Manager? Does it do this when you place something else other than this Mod.

Thank you
Here is what I get when I try to play. Please note, I get this crash message even when all mods are turned off. I currently have PC 1 campaign and SoE installed.

LoginId:e362b0d24423914277232aaef15adb1c
EpicAccountId:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO

PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameWorld::GetTypeCost() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameWorld.cpp:5538]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UShop::MakeShopItem() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\Gui\Shop.cpp:1373]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UShop::AddTypes() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\Gui\Shop.cpp:686]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UShop::AddUnitClass() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\Gui\Shop.cpp:484]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!SweetButton::Press() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\Gui\Sweets.cpp:80]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!SButton::OnMouseButtonDown()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!SweetButton::OnMouseButtonDown() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\Gui\Sweets.cpp:122]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!SButton::FArguments::OnClicked<SWindowTitleBar>()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FSlateApplication::RoutePointerDownEvent()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonDownEvent()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FSlateApplication::OnMouseDown()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc()
user32
user32
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FWindowsPlatformApplicationMisc::PumpMessages()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!WinMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\4\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

rivvendarke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:25 pm No, that seems to refer to an enemy hero. The tank hero you get has imho very useful traits. Comes a bit later though.

SPOILERS for those who care:

function CreateWilhelmVonThoma()
local hero = NewHero()
hero.portrait = "/Game/Gui/Common/Heroes/DE/de_in_14.de_in_14"
hero.name = NSLOCTEXT("scenario_Guadalajara", "Wilhelm_von_Thoma", "Wilhelm von Thoma")
hero.extra_traits = {UnitTrait.AggressiveCounterattack, UnitTrait.LearnsFromMistakes , UnitTrait.Provocator}
hero.modifiers = {{type = Initiative, mod = 1}}
-- hero.defense_modifiers = {{type = DefenseType.Air, mod = 1}}
-- hero.attack_modifiers = {{type = TargetType.Air, mod = 1}}
hero.unit_classes = {UnitClass.Tank}
local action = world:MakeNewHeroAction(0, hero)
world:Exec(action)
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:09 pm
rivvendarke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:25 pm No, that seems to refer to an enemy hero. The tank hero you get has imho very useful traits. Comes a bit later though.

local hero = NewHero()
hero.name = NSLOCTEXT("scenario_Guadalajara", "Wilhelm_von_Thoma", "Wilhelm von Thoma")
hero.extra_traits = {UnitTrait.AggressiveCounterattack, UnitTrait.LearnsFromMistakes , UnitTrait.Provocator}
Those -- infront of the air defense and air attack make the script an anotation it is used by the game developers to explain lua stuff without making the game read that line. So do not worry those scripts or lines with -- in front of them are not gonna be loaded by the game :)
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:09 pm

local hero = NewHero()
Those -- infront of the air defense and air attack make the script an anotation it is used by the game developers to explain lua stuff without making the game read that line. So do not worry those scripts or lines with -- in front of them are not gonna be loaded by the game :)
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

rivvendarke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:15 pm 2. Why is he Vigilant? Planes dont have a close defense rating and ground units dont use it against planes. Changed it to rapid fire ;-)

evry unit has a close combat rating. fighter planes and tatical bomber get shot at that close combat rating by certain AA guns, like 2cm flack vierling etc. it´s the low altitude trait either on the plane or on the AA gun.
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

Grondel wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:47 am
rivvendarke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:15 pm 2. Why is he Vigilant? Planes dont have a close defense rating and ground units dont use it against planes. Changed it to rapid fire ;-)

evry unit has a close combat rating. fighter planes and tatical bomber get shot at that close combat rating by certain AA guns, like 2cm flack vierling etc. it´s the low altitude trait either on the plane or on the AA gun.
Are you sure about that? Every single plane in the game has a close combat rating of 0. So the trait has no effect. And it also says that he ignores that rating so being shot with Vigilant by AA wouldnt help him anyway.
Last edited by rivvendarke on Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

at a tactical bomber with the low altitude trait the AA with the low altitude trait will shoot at the CC-def of the attacking bomber.
if the bomber has a vigilant hero the aa will instead shoot at the ground-def rating.
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

Thx for the explanation. Still seems a somewhat weird game mechanic to me. If I understand it correctly this will only trigger if there are no bombers in range as the AI normally shoots the more expensive units first.

Ezequiel1996 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:51 am

Ah, thanks for the explanation! Loving the mod so far, btw, really excellent work!

rivvendarke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:15 pm How do the Objectives at Brunete work? Whats Francos request? I killed all enemies and saved the squad in the northeast corner. How do I get the hero? Is he the reward for the special objective?

Edit: I went back 2 battles and tried again. Seems it is somehow tied to getting the last objective in the scenario before Brunete. Now it all worked out, 2 things though:
1. The text upon getting the hero is wrong, it says "Mercedes prototype"
2. Why is he Vigilant? Planes dont have a close defense rating and ground units dont use it against planes. Changed it to rapid fire ;-)
Wait so what do you need to do in the previous missions to get the pilot?

Do you need to raid Guadalajara in the mission 2 missions before Brunete?
Or do you need to capture the two bonus objectives in the siege of Bilbao 1 mission before Brunete?
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:22 pm
rivvendarke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:15 pm How do the Objectives at Brunete work? Whats Francos request? I killed all enemies and saved the squad in the northeast corner. How do I get the hero? Is he the reward for the special objective?

Edit: I went back 2 battles and tried again. Seems it is somehow tied to getting the last objective in the scenario before Brunete. Now it all worked out, 2 things though:
1. The text upon getting the hero is wrong, it says "Mercedes prototype"
2. Why is he Vigilant? Planes dont have a close defense rating and ground units dont use it against planes. Changed it to rapid fire ;-)
Wait so what do you need to do in the previous missions to get the pilot?

Do you need to raid Guadalajara in the mission 2 missions before Brunete?
Or do you need to capture the two bonus objectives in the siege of Bilbao 1 mission before Brunete?
nope, you just need to find him and save him, then you will get an event if you do have the cp needed. I believe it was 3 but i'm not sure atm sorry :S.
Pener
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Pener »

Thank you for the effort. I like the campaign so far.
Sometimes it can be hard, when your ally is doing something strange.
Prestige is much lower than the offical dlcs.

For the moment I am stuck on the "Siege of the Alcazar" map. Coronel Moscarde is encircled, so he surrenders at turn 4 or 5. The scenario has to be changed.
In 4 turns there is no way to get to Toledo.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Pener wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:27 am Thank you for the effort. I like the campaign so far.

For the moment I am stuck on the "Siege of the Alcazar" map. Coronel Moscarde is encircled, so he surrenders at turn 4 or 5. The scenario has to be changed.
I guess it depends on what difficulty or force combination you are using. It is a harder scenario than normal but doable. All play testers accomplished the mission and perhaps they can report their strategy.
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

Pener wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:27 am Thank you for the effort. I like the campaign so far.

That is the fun part with this campaign. You have to actually think and try something new if your first go didnt work. All the official scenarios are so incredible boring and way too easy.
AO Spain had one challenging battle (Ebro), and because so many people cried as they didnt win at once they nerfed it into eternal boredom.
So just set your best units up in the south, push the road with some recons to Moscarde and you will be fine. And feel great when you did it ;-)
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

I also had to restart the scenario. Tbh its a bit confusing then this guy surrenders after 3 or 4 turns. At least he should have a hero, so that he never surrenders and he does not need supplies.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

rivvendarke wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:39 am . . . Every single plane in the game has a close combat rating of 0. . .
Not true Hs129 TB and P47 Fighter have CD=2, as do several Soviet TB.
They arrive later in the war so you may not have noticed.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Well, first of all thanks to all how made this, it's a great campaign.
Very nice features and interesting maps.

But I actually think it's a little bit too long, lets say 2-3 scenarios. Some maps are not very entertaining, especially when your army is experienced and the difficulty is too low.
3-5 of the last 10-15 scenarios are not very good balanced. After 12 of 20 turns you already won, including all secondary objectives. But on the other hand there are 2-3 scenarios, when the enemy gets reinforcements all the time, that are maybe a way too hard. Not saying make them easier, but adjust the other maps, so you dont get too lazy with your playstyle.
Another problem are your allies. I like playing with italians and spanish allies, but they really suck. Maybe it has to do with generalismus setting, but they almost get vasted in any scenerio, even you you support them. Is it possible to make the AI less agressiv, so that you at least have a chance to support them more before they run into death?

I also like the story behind the fighting. Feels good to do some reading before and after the scenario.
One last thing, you have 2-3 choices in the kampaign, which map you want to play. When I cliked on the options I did not longer see the map, I just saw the starting screen of the game. Not sure if thats a bug or intended. If you ask me I want to see a map before every scenario, to have a better understanding where you are going to fight :)
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Thank you for the kind words :).
We have found actually a way to tighten the enemy and ally AI to be more harder than it is now. We are going to upgrade the enemy and allied AI for the next patch along with some improvements to the later scenarios so you have more challenge while playing it.

Also we expect to fix thar starting screen issue in the paths, it is not a bug nor it's intended, is just that we lack one extra image file in the json script of the path choice, we are working on create a png image to make it look good as the original Artwork or at least something similar to it :)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”