Storm Over Europe - (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

sapper1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Storm Over Europe (Custom Campaign)

Post by sapper1 »

tpoo wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:12 pm The first installment in Storm Over Europe is now finished. The link to download the campaign is now posted to the forum here on the first post of this thread.
Have fun playing. We will post some screenshots soon.

Thank You.
Where do I install this at? Thanks, looking forward to playing!
Ezequiel1996
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

sapper1 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:16 pm
tpoo wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:12 pm The first installment in Storm Over Europe is now finished. The link to download the campaign is now posted to the forum here on the first post of this thread.

Thank You.
Hello, you need to place it under My documents/my Games/Panzer corps 2/mods
If the mod folder does not exist just create ot.

Remember to activate it on the mods section of the game.

We hope you enjoy our campaign
sapper1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sapper1 »

Ezequiel1996 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:26 am
sapper1 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:16 pm

Thank You.
Hello, you need to place it under My documents/my Games/Panzer corps 2/mods
If the mod folder does not exist just create ot.

Remember to activate it on the mods section of the game.

We hope you enjoy our campaign
That worked! Thank you very much!
Garb
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Garb »

Thank you for your hard work. I have played until first Madrid and it's truly excellent; the "native" units only mission was my favourite so far. One question; is the fog of war intentionally off in the first Madrid scenario?
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Garb wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:18 am Thank you for your hard work. I have played until first Madrid and it's truly excellent; the "native" units only mission was my favourite so far. One question; is the fog of war intentionally off in the first Madrid scenario?
Thank you for the kind words, no it isn't i have forgoten to turn it on. Will fix that in the next patch :)
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

Last edited by rivvendarke on Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danger

Post by Danger »

Good progress since I last tried the Alpha.

One bug, in the scenario Guadiana River, the plane commendation trade doesn't trigger. You don't get to pick the CR42 or the prototype.

In the same mission, a paragraph repeats twice in the briefing:
'After Merida is secure, we will then concentrate our forces and push west towards Badajoz and close the border with Portugal, thereby denying Republican forces that avenue of aid. But taking Badajoz will be no easier than Merida. I suggest a pincer attack from the north as well as from the south of the city.'
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Danger wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:56 pm Good progress since I last tried the Alpha.

One bug, in the scenario Guadiana River, the plane commendation trade doesn't trigger. You don't get to pick the CR42 or the prototype.

In the same mission, a paragraph repeats twice in the briefing:
'After Merida is secure, we will then concentrate our forces and push west towards Badajoz and close the border with Portugal, thereby denying Republican forces that avenue of aid. But taking Badajoz will be no easier than Merida. I suggest a pincer attack from the north as well as from the south of the city.'
Good catch. I did not even know this offer was part of the scenario since as you say it just does not show up. It is missing the trigger detail in the editor so it is an easy fix. Although the LUA script needs adjusting to because the Italian plane script is not correct and if it had triggered it would have caused a CTD. We will probably fine tune the scripts a bit more to in the next update as well.
Thank You
Rick
raider45
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by raider45 »

Hey guys, I can't shake the feeling that a bug hasn't been fixed yet?
for example, the campaign goes to guadalajara in the direction of bilbao.
Here I need a lot fewer kills for an award, ace pilot, than in the campaign before? Also, some script-triggering texts are still not available?
I am very happy about this very successful campaign.
cheers
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Thank you Raider, we will get rid of those bugs in the next patch.
Cheers
Danger

Post by Danger »

I'm at Guadaljara right now and I really feel the allied AIs could use a boost, with maybe spawn waves. The fact that the Republicans take their turn right after you means they can reinforce immediately and be at full strength when its the Nationalist/Italian turn. Plus, the Italian just melts but maybe that's on purpose.
raider45
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by raider45 »

Add Danger, in this scenario the Italians definitely need your support. Especially if you want to reach all goals on time. Time is always very short in the first 20 missions.
I restarted some maps more often (I had the beta) because you have to make the right decisions quickly.
I don't want to reveal anything about the story and the Italians ;-)
sapper1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sapper1 »

Nearing the end of the Spanish Civil War and it's been an excellent adventure! A few missions were real nail bitters on accomplishing the objectives. My compliments to all that put work into this! Can't wait for the next installment (1939 I assume), and idea on when we might be able to get our hands on it?
Danger

Post by Danger »

raider45 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:26 am Add Danger, in this scenario the Italians definitely need your support. Especially if you want to reach all goals on time. Time is always very short in the first 20 missions.
I restarted some maps more often (I had the beta) because you have to make the right decisions quickly.
I managed to achieve a total victory but I had to lower the difficulty. I usually play on Generallissimus and have no problem with the turn limit. The 22 turns on this one plus the debuff to accuracy makes it very hard to reach Guadaljara, as well as the AI spreading its troops everywhere on the map. I'm curious how some of the mopre skilled players in the game would achieve it.
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

sapper1 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:39 am Nearing the end of the Spanish Civil War and it's been an excellent adventure! A few missions were real nail bitters on accomplishing the objectives. My compliments to all that put work into this! Can't wait for the next installment (1939 I assume), and idea on when we might be able to get our hands on it?
Im working on 1939 at the moment, but we will need some time to finish all the scenarios. But i asume it will be a matter of 2 or 3 months if everything goes smooth.
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Danger wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:26 am
raider45 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:26 am Add Danger, in this scenario the Italians definitely need your support. Especially if you want to reach all goals on time. Time is always very short in the first 20 missions.
I managed to achieve a total victory but I had to lower the difficulty. I usually play on Generallissimus and have no problem with the turn limit. The 22 turns on this one plus the debuff to accuracy makes it very hard to reach Guadaljara, as well as the AI spreading its troops everywhere on the map. I'm curious how some of the mopre skilled players in the game would achieve it.
I tried to give the player the whole experience with the Italians completely failing their objectives. But i guess i can tune it down a little bit :)
Danger

Post by Danger »

Finished the campaign and absolutely well done. It's on par with AO easily. I appreciate the different takes on the same battles from the Spanish Civil War dlc. Other than Guadaljara I mentioned, there's plenty of time to complete all objectives although perhaps on Rommel difficulty you can only manage the main ones.

There are a few typos here and there in the briefings. Another lua script bug I spotted on the last mission, the check on turn 5 for the Spanish ace doesn't trigger.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Danger wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:38 pm Finished the campaign and absolutely well done. It's on par with AO easily. I appreciate the different takes on the same battles from the Spanish Civil War dlc. Other than Guadaljara I mentioned, there's plenty of time to complete all objectives although perhaps on Rommel difficulty you can only manage the main ones.

There are a few typos here and there in the briefings. Another lua script bug I spotted on the last mission, the check on turn 5 for the Spanish ace doesn't trigger.
Thanks Danger for the update. The last scenario is apparently missing the trigger for the hero so will fix right away. You will probably want to replay that scenario once a new update is published.
Thanks
Rick
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Danger wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:38 pm Finished the campaign and absolutely well done. It's on par with AO easily. I appreciate the different takes on the same battles from the Spanish Civil War dlc. Other than Guadaljara I mentioned, there's plenty of time to complete all objectives although perhaps on Rommel difficulty you can only manage the main ones.

Thanks for the kind words :), we are glad that you enjoyed the campaign. :)

We are working on fixing the bugs and typo errors as we work on 1939 as well.
andreiven
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by andreiven »

Hello, while playing the campaign I have encountered the following the following problem:

After I finished the Jarama scenario I am presented with a choice between going to an Undisclosed Location or directly to Guadalajara. After I choose and click Accept nothing happens no matter which path I pick. Can someone offer some suggestions?

Thanks

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”