Storm Over Europe - (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

egrofik
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Storm Over Europe - (Custom Campaign)

Post by egrofik »

Gnosport wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:40 pm
sapper1 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:38 pm
egrofik wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:13 pm question: I noticed a kind of rule change when my troops are defending. They don't shoot back many times and my arty gives no support for i.e. infantry.
Is this a bug or intended? (my traits: infantry & panzer general and no overstrengh)
I've noticed that as well. I assumed it was because of a hero on the opposing side but I never looked into it.
This is from the Unit Toolbox Mod, Grenadiers don't get attacked back or trigger artillery support. AI seems to favor their usage.

Negative, this also with Wehrmacht infantry and I noticed also this for Panzers. They will be attacked but don't shoot back. Very strange. I'm now at the Burza scenario and I really need my arty or Panzers which are shooting back if there were attacked...
accursedking
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by accursedking »

tpoo wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:42 pm
accursedking wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:59 pm
tpoo wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:19 pm

Have you made sure the mod is enabled? If it isn't re-enable it and should be good. If Steam version, try unsubscribing and resubscribing.
Yes mod is enabled and i trid to re-enabled it but i didnt work. it's a xbox pc game pass version, is it possible unsubscribing and resubscribing on xbox pc app? or aother solution? Have you ever heard about this problem?
I am not familiar how the Xbox game pass version works but if it is similar to Steam then try unsubscribing and subscribing as on Steam this clears up issues a lot of times.
On xbox there is nothing about the mods or subscribing.
i tried to un install & install it didnt work
i tried to start over campaign and pass the scenerios with cheat it didnt work

and one more thing, when i get the error message i tried to review battlefield and hit the end turn, there is a new error message and it says cannot resume dead coroutine ( i dont know what is it)

so is there a way to pass BattleofTheBzura scenerio?

Thanks for your helps
[/quote]

You could be missing files from the Battle of the Bzura folder. Try copying the Battle of the Bzura folder from your original download back to the SOE1939 folder. You also may need to start a save game from Gdynia but not from the Victory screen save.
[/quote]

all 4 file (.lua, .map, .pz2brf & .pz2scn) copy rom the original download and i start it different saves (like turn 2,21,23 etc.) but the same result. no problem on other scenerios but Bzura :?
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

accursedking wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:26 pm
accursedking wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:59 pm

Yes mod is enabled and i trid to re-enabled it but i didnt work. it's a xbox pc game pass version, is it possible unsubscribing and resubscribing on xbox pc app? or aother solution? Have you ever heard about this problem?
I am not familiar how the Xbox game pass version works but if it is similar to Steam then try unsubscribing and subscribing as on Steam this clears up issues a lot of times.

and one more thing, when i get the error message i tried to review battlefield and hit the end turn, there is a new error message and it says cannot resume dead coroutine ( i dont know what is it)

Thanks for your helps
You could be missing files from the Battle of the Bzura folder. Try copying the Battle of the Bzura folder from your original download back to the SOE1939 folder. You also may need to start a save game from Gdynia but not from the Victory screen save.
[/quote]

all 4 file (.lua, .map, .pz2brf & .pz2scn) copy rom the original download and i start it different saves (like turn 2,21,23 etc.) but the same result. no problem on other scenerios but Bzura :?
[/quote]

Please send me PM so I can reply to you with my email to send me a saved file from your Gdynia scenario
Thanks.
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

1. Is Morato supposed to become a hero?
I kept him around and in the first scenario (Gleiwitz) he said something about keep flying but that was it.

--Morato Did stay

string_moratostay1 = NSLOCTEXT("scenario_Gleiwitz", "string_moratostay1", "<bi>Joaquin Garcia Morato: </> Hello Herr General! I thank you for allowing me to join your forces. I can not escape the thrill of flying in combat and would have been in a state of depression had I remained in Spain.")

2. I spent some CP for a hero at Plock but nothing happened? Is that a placeholder?

AddEquipment(0, "BarkmannToken", 1, Prototypes)
-- In real scenario, we won't just take player's reward points, but will also give him something good
Gnosport
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Gnosport »

rivvendarke wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:58 am 1. Is Morato supposed to become a hero?
I kept him around and in the first scenario (Gleiwitz) he said something about keep flying but that was it.

--Morato Did stay

string_moratostay1 = NSLOCTEXT("scenario_Gleiwitz", "string_moratostay1", "<bi>Joaquin Garcia Morato: </> Hello Herr General! I thank you for allowing me to join your forces. I can not escape the thrill of flying in combat and would have been in a state of depression had I remained in Spain.")

2. I spent some CP for a hero at Plock but nothing happened? Is that a placeholder?

AddEquipment(0, "BarkmannToken", 1, Prototypes)
-- In real scenario, we won't just take player's reward points, but will also give him something good
Barkmann doesn't become a hero for awhile. There are ways to get 2 Barkmann tokens, which will accelerate his training and becoming a hero.

I wrote a guide on Storm Over Europe's Commendations, Caches, and More on the Steam Workshop page.
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

Thx for your answer (and the steam guide). Seems I already had Moreto since Spain but got confused because he was mentioned again in 1939.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

rivvendarke wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:40 pm Thx for your answer (and the steam guide). Seems I already had Moreto since Spain but got confused because he was mentioned again in 1939.
Historically he dies shortly after the Spanish Civil War in a air demonstration. If you did not acquire him in Spain you would have received a message regarding that. You basically change history, at least his, by letting him join your forces.
accursedking

Post by accursedking »

tpoo wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:14 pm
accursedking wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:26 pm

Thanks for your helps
[/quote]

Please send me PM so I can reply to you with my email to send me a saved file from your Gdynia scenario
Thanks.
[/quote]

i send a message and file to you. thank you.
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

Hello there,

I just tried to play 1939 but the game never gave me a chance to import a core. Does that mean my laved core after SCW is lost? I might have played it on another computer, but via steam cloud everythinkg should be available?
Any ideas?

And btw. what is this very strange dialect in the mission briefing? Should it sound like germans talking english?! Like I said its very strange :D
Gnosport

Post by Gnosport »

DefiantXYX wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:41 pm Hello there,

I just tried to play 1939 but the game never gave me a chance to import a core. Does that mean my laved core after SCW is lost? I might have played it on another computer, but via steam cloud everythinkg should be available?
Any ideas?

And btw. what is this very strange dialect in the mission briefing? Should it sound like germans talking english?! Like I said its very strange :D
I haven't had any issues importing cores from SCW to 1939. Just tried and could perfectly import multiple cores.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

DefiantXYX wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:41 pm Hello there,

Any ideas?

I do not believe Steam saves cores in the cloud but in your My Games folder on your computer just like the download version from Slitherine. If you still have access to the other computer go to the My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Cores and copy the files from there to the same folder on your current computer. The file names are end_of_SOESCW. You should then be able to import your core.

On the Audio issue. That was our attempt to use audio in the mod but is a work in progress and only used it on a couple of scenarios as a test. Computer generated voices just do not work well. Need a real German speaker doing English for it to be better.

Thanks
Rick
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Wow, its been 6 month since I played SCW for the first time. Since I somehow lost my core I decided to play it again. This time without overpowered heroes and without the trait that grants you double money to units when you force enemies to surrender.

Well, its not like I have chosen just stupid traits but its hard, almost unplayable. After 2-3 scenarios I am just out of prestige. I cant even repair my stuff before the scenario begins, so I got nothing left to upgrade or use all of my core slots.
I could go on with recycling some heroes but it wont get better.
Even if i try to capture as much as I potentially can, I am always out of prestige. I started so use some cheats (repair my units for nothing, make my allies much stronger, grant me some extra prestige...) but it wont change the main problem.
Not sure if its intended that you pick the best available general traits to make it playable, but unlike lasttime in March 2022 it feels way harder.
It is right the you changed a lot of stuff, like the costs for repairs in the game and in the deployment turn? Repairing a fighter or bomber costs about 250, that almos all the prestige you can get on the map.

Imo you should grant some prestige for every turn. Its always zero, so if you do not mass capture enemy stuff you wont have chance.

Just some thoughts, dont get my wrong, I am still enjoying the campaign, its great work! Just a little bit frustrating right now :D
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

DefiantXYX wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:53 pm Wow, its been 6 month since I played SCW for the first time. Since I somehow lost my core I decided to play it again. This time without overpowered heroes and without the trait that grants you double money to units when you force enemies to surrender.

Well, its not like I have chosen just stupid traits but its hard, almost unplayable. After 2-3 scenarios I am just out of prestige. I cant even repair my stuff before the scenario begins, so I got nothing left to upgrade or use all of my core slots.
I could go on with recycling some heroes but it wont get better.
Even if i try to capture as much as I potentially can, I am always out of prestige. I started so use some cheats (repair my units for nothing, make my allies much stronger, grant me some extra prestige...) but it wont change the main problem.
Not sure if its intended that you pick the best available general traits to make it playable, but unlike lasttime in March 2022 it feels way harder.
It is right the you changed a lot of stuff, like the costs for repairs in the game and in the deployment turn? Repairing a fighter or bomber costs about 250, that almos all the prestige you can get on the map.

Imo you should grant some prestige for every turn. Its always zero, so if you do not mass capture enemy stuff you wont have chance.

Just some thoughts, dont get my wrong, I am still enjoying the campaign, its great work! Just a little bit frustrating right now :D
There was an issue with the Rules.json file not working properly/as intended in the original release. When corrected the intended costs went into affect. In the next release we have made some changes including updating prestige to compensate. That should be coming shortly.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Very well, nice to hear you are also working on rebalancing and stuff.
88Flak
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by 88Flak »

I didn't find this campaign until the 1939 launch. It is nothing short of amazing. The quality and quantity of the scenarios may make it the most fun in all of PG2.

Is there an estimate of when we might see 1940? I imagine it's a big task, but please know it's being thoroughly enjoyed. Not too often do you get your expectations exceeded, but it has happened to me. Keep up the great work!
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

88Flak wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:57 pm I didn't find this campaign until the 1939 launch. It is nothing short of amazing. The quality and quantity of the scenarios may make it the most fun in all of PG2.

Is there an estimate of when we might see 1940? I imagine it's a big task, but please know it's being thoroughly enjoyed. Not too often do you get your expectations exceeded, but it has happened to me. Keep up the great work!
We are currently in development on 1940, however, I can not give any estimate of when it will be finished. It will probably be in 2 parts.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

I finally finished 1939 after another playthrough of SCW.

First of all, like always, big thanks to all the guys who are doing this modification for free, i had some great hours!
And once again, its great work, a very entertaining campaign, interesting scenarios, mostly great balancing, good background story and histrocial information about what the war.
I can just give my honest recommendation to everyone to play this one!

Some impressions about my playthrough. I played on hightest difficulty with limited stock enabled.
- the difficulty is good most of the time. Although I got some nice heroes plus all the stuff you can get via events and points it never got boring so far. But to be honest, especially in SCW, i sometimes was forced to cheat. I repaired for units for free and gave me some extra turns in some cases, to reach the additional goals.
The main problem is the prestige. You almost get no prestige beside conquering some cities. I had some prestige heroes, was always trying to caputure stuff in 1939 and take cities only with my extra prestige hero and still I was bleeding out.
I have the feeling, compared to to original game, that repairs are very expensive. During a battle you almost can never afford it.
+ I really like the chance in the finnland campaign to get some extra prestige if you can handle some optionals
- too many units. I personally prefer a good overview over my stock. In 1939 you somehow got like 50 tanks, 40 are useless, since you are always using the best version. I also dont see a reason for so many different kinds of artillery. They are all basically the same. I personally would restrict it to only unique units
- too many scenarios, especially vs poland ==> although you got a really got mixture of scenarios it starts to feels repetitive. Especially since the whole campaign happens in just 1-2 month, you dont get new units or a chance to develope you core.
- strange behaviour of units. In SCW but especially vs poland the AI got mostly heavy infantry units. They somehow can attack even your strongest tanks in open field and do some serious damage. Your recons cars even get wiped out completly.
I never had such a feeling in any other DLCs/mod. Thats a main reason why you are bleeding out of prestige, if you try to always protect any units with artillery or stuff you will be too slow to reach all targets. If you dont do it you army gets weaker and weaker and you cant really repair it.
I also dont like the second fire mode of grenadiers, since you have no chance to defend it.

I hope my reviews might help you to improve your doing. So keep up the very good work, I am really looking forward to 1940 :)
roy64
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by roy64 »

Thank you for this fantastic mod.
88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

I disagree with there being too many scenarios. It gives a lot of depth to each campaign. I've never been so invested in the Polish campaign before. Usually, it tends to get cut a little and focuses only on the most important/largest battles since historically it was such a rollover, but not now.

1940 in two parts sounds like more of the same. I cannot wait until it's ready.
88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

Hi tpoo,

It's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread so I thought I'd ask if there are any updates on 1940.

Thanks.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”