ExCoB II - The Prophecy of Merlin: Concluded

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Round 2, Phase 4 (Administration)

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 1, Engagement 1.1
Army 19 of The South (Aquae Sulis, RedPossum, 1540 FP) versus Army 25 of The West (Gobannium, Kashtronomical, 1500 FP). North European Agricultural.
=> Kashtronomical defeats RedPossum 61-35.

The level of these incurred casualties from engagements will reduce the armies' strengths going forward, with the reductions amounting to:
  • 1 FP per percentage point of incurred casualties for the army winning the engagement.
  • 2 FP per percentage point of incurred casualties for the army drawing or losing the engagement.
=> RedPossum: in which hex do you want your army to reappear?
An army having lost a battle is removed from its hex and placed (at its player's choice) in the hex of (or adjacent to) its player's Stronghold (Aquae Sulis in your case) or at least 2 hexes away (from where it was located), in the hex of the closest structure controlled by its kingdom and connected to the kingdom's lines of logistics.

=> Kastronomical: do you want your army to remain in your hex or move into the enemy's hex? (answer: remain in hex.)
An army having won a battle either (at its player's choice) remains in its hex or moves into the adjacent hex previously occupied by a removed losing enemy army.

kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
kronenblatt

Re: ExCoB II - The Prophecy of Merlin: Ongoing

Post by kronenblatt »

I've added some default options to the rules, in case a player doesn't give any instruction (until tomorrow for the specific situation above):
  • lost a battle is removed from its hex and placed (at its player's choice) in the hex of (or adjacent to) its player's Stronghold (provided it is controlled by its kingdom) or at least 2 hexes away, in the hex of the closest structure controlled by its kingdom and connected to the kingdom's lines of logistics, or, if none of these are available, in a hex of or adjacent to the Court of its kingdom.
    • Default (if no instruction from its player): the farthermost hex adjacent to its player's Stronghold.
  • drawn a battle moves 2 hexes away from the armies it fought, in the direction of its kingdom's Court or controlled structures, always without moving within the ZoC of any army from another kingdom.
    • Default (if no instruction from its player): the direction of its kingdom's Court.
  • won a battle either (at its player's choice) remains in its hex or moves into the adjacent hex previously occupied by a removed losing enemy army. If more than one army wishes to move into the same hex, the army with the lowest incurred casualties will make the move and if a tie the army with the highest inflicted casualties will make the move. If still a tie, no army will move into that hex.
    • Default (if no instruction from its player): remain in its hex.

kronenblatt

Round 3: Order giving

Post by kronenblatt »

Time has come for round 3's order giving and movement instructions and the 12 MP each of your armies have.

Please send to me through replying to my PM by Friday October 14 (9 PM, Swedish time) at the latest, and just as a simple sequence of individual moves (e.g., 2 4 2 6 0 6), with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by the administrator). I will not open the PMs from any of the factions other than my own until I've published the movement instructions of the armies of The North.

And please check up on your team members: if needed, please submit moves on their behalf as well, ideally in the same PM.

For details, please check Giving orders and Movement in the RULES.

Any questions? Please ask them in the campaign thread, for everyone else to see question and answer.

Don't worry: we'll all hold each other's hands to get to know and understand the rules, etc., together. So let's be generous and accommodating. This is for fun, after all! :)

kronenblatt

Round 3: Executed moves

Post by kronenblatt »

Please check that this is in line with your instructions and intentions and revert to me ASAP otherwise. (Assuming this is correct, there'll be three battles, with one of them involving four engagements and the other two one each - Battle 1: 1.1 1vs18, 1.2 2vs18, 1.3, 5vs18, 1.4, 5vs20. Battle 2: 2.1 17vs29. Battle 3: 3.1 19vs27.)

kronenblatt

Round 3: battle resolution

Post by kronenblatt »

Six engagements, four in one battle and the other two in one battle each, to be fought out this round! :)

Battle 1
1.1 Army 1 of The East (Branodunum, tyronec, 1540 = 1600 - 60 FP) versus Army 18 of The South (Anderida, Aetius, 1380 = 1600 - 180 - 40 FP). North European Agricultural. tyronec sets up.
1.2 Army 2 of The East (Caesaromagus, Warg1, 1540 = 1600 - 60 FP) versus Army 18 of The South (Anderida, Aetius, 1380 = 1600 - 180 - 40 FP). North European Agricultural. Warg1 sets up.
1.3 Army 5 of The East (Regulbium, anderarcos11, 1480 = 1600 - 120 FP) versus Army 18 of The South (Anderida, Aetius, 1380 = 1600 - 180 - 40 FP). North European Agricultural. anderarcos11 sets up.
1.4 Army 5 of The East (Regulbium, anderarcos11, 1480 = 1600 - 120 FP) versus Army 20 of The South (Portus Adurni, SpeedyCM, 1540 = 1600 - 60 FP). North European Agricultural. SpeedyCM sets up.

Battle 2
2.1 Army 17 of The South (Anderida, Aetius39, 1540 = 1600 - 60 FP) versus Army 29 of The West (Segontium, Giacofa93, 1540 = 1600 - 60 FP). North European Hilly. Aetius39 sets up.

Battle 3
3.1 Army 19 of The South (Aquae Sulis, RedPossum, 1418 = 1478 - 60 FP) versus Army 27 of The West (Magnis, Karvon, 1540 = 1600 - 60 FP). North European Hilly. RedPossum sets up.

Please note

The engagements will in Field of Glory II: Ancients be set up as follows:
  • ExCoB II v1 module (downloaded in-game).
  • Open Battle scenario.
  • 24 turns turn limit.
  • Wide (40 x 32) map size.
  • Main armies: The army of a fiefdom (i.e., controlled by a specific player, a “Knight") always uses its fiefdom's army list as its main army, independent of whether the Stronghold of such fiefdom is controlled by its kingdom or not.
  • Allies: Armies within the same kingdom can all (if they want to) use each other's fiefdom army lists as allies, provided that the Stronghold of that fiefdom is controlled by the kingdom. (An army can not use the fiefdom army list from another kingdom as allies, even if controlling the Stronghold of that kingdom.)
  • The player having spent the fewest MP that round normally sets up the engagement in-game, after having received information from his opponent which allies (if any) he'll be using.
  • The engagement to be concluded within a five-week period, i.e., by November 19 at the latest.
  • The winner, or the player having incurred the fewest casualties, reports the results in this thread.
Outcomes of battles and engagements
  • The results of the individual outcomes of all the engagements within one and the same battle will determine the total outcome of the battle, which in turn will affect whether control of structures is changed and armies are moved from the locations.
  • A kingdom and all its armies involved in that battle are considered to have won a battle against an enemy kingdom if at least one of the kingdom's engagements in that battle is won and none are lost, with the enemy kingdom (and all its armies involved) in that battle then considered to have lost the battle. If there is no winner and hence no loser of a battle, the battle is considered to be a draw for the involved kingdoms and armies.

tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

A question.
If I am setting up the battle I can use allies or not. How do I know if the opponent wants to use allies ?
If they open the battle does that mean they are accepting it ?
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

tyronec wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:19 pm A question.
If I am setting up the battle I can use allies or not. How do I know if the opponent wants to use allies ?
Ask him before you set up the battle.

anderarcos11
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by anderarcos11 »

kronenblatt wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:52 pm
Do the allies have to be from the armies entering the same battle or from any other on the same side?
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

anderarcos11 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:53 am
kronenblatt wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:52 pm
Do the allies have to be from the armies entering the same battle or from any other on the same side?
Allies can be other fiefdom army lists from the same kingdom as you (no need to use your own army list as allies, since it's already the main army), provided that the Stronghold of that fiefdom is controlled by your kingdom.

SpeedyCM

Post by SpeedyCM »

Army 5 of The East (Regulbium (with Gariannonum allies), anderarcos11, 1480 = 1600 - 120 FP) versus Army 20 of The South (Portus Adurni (with Anderida allies), SpeedyCM, 1540 = 1600 - 60 FP). North European Agricultural

Match setup.
PW- 1234
anderarcos11

Post by anderarcos11 »

Do we have a time limit to finish the battles and accept them?
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

anderarcos11 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:12 am Do we have a time limit to finish the battles and accept them?
See post above from October 15, 22.20.

anderarcos11

Post by anderarcos11 »

kronenblatt wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:37 am
anderarcos11 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:12 am Do we have a time limit to finish the battles and accept them?
See post above from October 15, 22.20.
Ok. It is understood. And is there a time limit to accept the challenge?
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

1.1 Army 1 of The East (Branodunum, tyronec, 1540 = 1600 - 60 FP) versus Army 18 of The South (Anderida, Aetius, 1380 = 1600 - 180 - 40 FP). North European Agricultural. tyronec has set up.
anderarcos11

Post by anderarcos11 »

Army 5 of The East (Regulbium, anderarcos11, 1480 = 1600 - 120 FP) versus Army 18 of The South (Anderida, Aetius, 1380 = 1600 - 180 - 40 FP). North European, is already
SpeedyCM

Post by SpeedyCM »

SpeedyCM wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:40 am Army 5 of The East (Regulbium (with Gariannonum allies), anderarcos11, 1480 = 1600 - 120 FP) versus Army 20 of The South (Portus Adurni (with Anderida allies), SpeedyCM, 1540 = 1600 - 60 FP). North European Agricultural
Army 20 defeats Army 5 41-13.

Thanks for the game mate.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Battle 3
3.1 Army 19 of The South (Aquae Sulis, RedPossum, 1418 = 1478 - 60 FP) versus Army 27 of The West (Magnis, Karvon, 1540 = 1600 - 60 FP). North European Hilly.

The Western Army of Magnis defeated the Southern Army of Aquae Sulis 46-11.

The armies met in a broad valley surrounded by woods and hills and split on the right by a pair of small steep hills.

We deployed with most of army initially hidden. Our left wing was made of a mix of medium foot hidden in a large woods running along about the center of our back edge. Our center, deployed to the right of the woods, was made up warbands against the backedge, thus out of initial sight of enemy scouts. Our right wing was made up of our lancers, also deployed against the edge and out of sight initially. We deployed a screening force of a few light horse supported by cavalry well in advance of our left and right. Our light foot deployed in center between the mounted screens.

Given the possible range of forces our enemy might muster, we wanted to see exactly what we were facing before committing our troops to action. Our basic plan was to seize the steep hills dividing the valley with our light foot while our screening mounted drove off opposing lights or skirmished with enemy cavalry. We would advance our warbands slowly at first and then either hold short of the hills, or sweep around behind them. Our mediums would either hold in the woods to cover the warbands, or shift around behind them to take and secure the hills. Our lancers would move up to support the screening mounted and potentially turn or fall on the enemy left.

The Southerners deployed to the far left behind and atop of a hill with a few woods and rough patches. The main body was a mix of heavy and medium foot intermixed screened by a few lights. They had a small division of cavalry in reserve. They were a bit perplexed initially by the lack of visible enemy troops, but advanced forward shifting towards the center in response to my screening force.

My left screen moved up and drove back his lights and got tangled up with his main body, slowing their advance and shift. My light foot shifted right and swept up and over the small steep hills and engaged his responding cavalry with fire disrupting and weakening it. My right screen disposed of a couple of light horse and then helped shoot up his small cavalry division pressuring my foot around the hills. My lancers moved up between and around the steep hills to face his shot up horse.

My warbands reached the foot of the first steep hill, but his main body of infantry was moving up fast, so we wheeled most of them to face them, anchoring our right flank on the hill occupied by our lights. Most of our mediums were able to shift behind our warband line and swept up the hill and beyond. A couple of our mediums dropped back to cover the left flank of the warbands.

The Southerns detached a pair of medium foot to drive off my lights holding the far steep hill, so these fell back raining fire on his foot as they retired slowly and drew these units away from the main action. His cavalry attempting to escape the continued fire from my skirmishers, I guess, charged my lancers holding the saddle between the two steep hills. He moved up some foot to support and flank the lancers. Though battered, my lancers held up long enough and my own lancers and warbands flanked his horse and foot in turn around the foot of the hill seeing most of these off and surrounding the survivors.

Meanwhile, our medium foot swept over the first steep hill and tie up some of his opposing foot while other moved to threaten flanks of the warband fight. As it was, we were able to match up and pin down his foot and then flanked several units with our supporting mediums and lurking cavalry. After a bit of a struggle, we broke most of these and the day was won.

The final view of the field.
Attachments
West vs South 11-04-22.jpg
West vs South 11-04-22.jpg (262.15 KiB) Viewed 558 times
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
anderarcos11

Post by anderarcos11 »

My army 4 was defeated by Aetius, I don't see him post anything here.
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

anderarcos11 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:50 am My army 4 was defeated by Aetius, I don't see him post anything here.
Sorry forgot to post!

Aetius defeats anderarcos11 59-31

Tough battle, a slog, but at least a win, considering my situation^^
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

Army 1 of The East (Branodunum, tyronec, 1540 = 1600 - 60 FP) versus Army 18 of The South (Anderida, Aetius, 1380 = 1600 - 180 - 40 FP).

East wins 63-23

This was a tough battle for South with a significant points deficit. I expected them to play defensive and deployed accordingly but they advanced all out and were able to grab most of the low hill on the left as a result while my army rushed leftwards to get the front line into position.
On the left flank had East superior numbers and was able to get a unit of lancers around the flank plus a couple of flank charges by the infantry due to the greater number of units. The center was fairly even, the South had the hill but East had more Superior units and were able to set up some flanks on the corner units. On the right the Southern cavalry proved superior and that is where most of the Eastern losses came, three fragged cavalry units at the end of the battle could easily have gone too.
Thanks for a good game and a good recovery by Aetius from being down 24-2 early on.
M.jpg
M.jpg (500.38 KiB) Viewed 470 times

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”