Playing Etruria - How?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Laboratorium
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Playing Etruria - How?

Post by Laboratorium »

I did a multiplayer Eturia game some time ago. And some time in the beginning Rome slaughtered my army. I offered to become a vassal and Rome accepted with taking any land.

Now I went without army except for one or two light cav. That I to the regions Rome was besieging and next turn to assault the city. I got some more regions in Italy and Sicillia by this.

As I had no army I got lots of funds and started buying up all of Italy from Rome.

I ended up with most legacy in that game and had a very strong nation once I ended the vassal state.
It was a bid of exploitating. But surely you can not beat Rome fighting.

If you have at least greek medium infantry like Tarentum, you can form strong garrissons. But the combination of leaders, infantry and skirmishers that Rome fields, will make it hard to anything but delay the onslaught a bid.

You can put ships around Italy to reduce Roman income.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”