The Order of Battle Spring 2022 Invitational Tournament

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

stevefprice
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: The Order of Battle Spring 2022 Invitational Tournament

Post by stevefprice »

Celeborn wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:42 pm Para drop was brilliant and it may well have caught me off-guard as well. After being victimized by them in Crescent Bay this tournament has taught me a lot about how to think about Paras...
AdmiralYamamoto wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:31 pm Round 1 Replay Admiral Yamamoto vs Steve Price.

I especially recommend watching file 2. There was a very interesting Paratroop drop that I am quite proud of. (Sorry about that Steve).
Glad I could be the guinea pig!! :lol: :lol:
pupski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by pupski »

This was a very enjoyable experience. I would love to do it again. Thanks for making this happen.
Redbird
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Redbird »

Pupski used the paradrop against me in the 1st round when he was playing as the Germans. He assured me they were "friendly paratroopers," but that didn't turn out to be true. (Don't trust what he tells you.) Being surprised from the unfriendly skies is about the only thing I have in common with Stevefprice. 80DayFog was going toe-to-toe with me in the 2nd round, but I think he had outside commitments that caused him to time out or we would have had a closer outcome. Netballman then sliced & diced me in the 3rd round. All 3 of my opponents were pleasant in the comments section. I learned that I was in way over my head with this crowd. Thanks for letting me mingle with the elite.
Netballman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Netballman »

Redbird wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:20 pm Pupski used the paradrop against me in the 1st round when he was playing as the Germans. He assured me they were "friendly paratroopers," but that didn't turn out to be true.
Friendly paratroopers! :lol: :lol: :lol: Love it!
Redbird wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:20 pm( All 3 of my opponents were pleasant in the comments section. I learned that I was in way over my head with this crowd. Thanks for letting me mingle with the elite.
Hey don't do yourself down! You had me seriously worried in one of the Muddy Beacheads games! Just as Erik2 mentioned the closeness of scores in a game which ended in big victory, the margin between a very close run thing and a wipeout can often be a very small mistake, or even a piece of bad luck at the wrong time!
pupski

Post by pupski »

I enjoy playing the game a lot, still, after 1600+ hours. Also I see lots of ways in which I could improve my play. I still need to make firmer choices of where to put the strength of the attack and advice myself not to spread out too much. Also I am not good at finishing of enemy units, most escape with strength 1 left while most of my opponents always seem to be able to finish those units of. The paratroopers in the first round match could have made a bigger impact if they would have been supported just a tiny bit more (or a lot more). And not making little mistakes would also help better the score. I ran in an occupied town in the last game while I could have known there would be an enemy unit. That hurts a lot. Also in that same game I accidentality attacked a protected tank with my Sturmpanzer because I was tired an was interpretation the numbers on screen wrong. Forgetting that Muddy lasts 18 turns and not 15 was also silly. So still lots of fu to have and lots to learn and/or improve. And winning can be fun but just playing is the most fun, I can feel very happy for my opponent if he kicks me in the right way. Lets play some more :-)

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Multiplayer”