Future of the Planetary Supremacy Campaign

rekker
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Future of the Planetary Supremacy Campaign

Post by rekker »

I would suggest holding on to the current iteration of the PS single player mode, even after we have expanded the mode with all the bells and whistles and depth for the SP experience. The reason why I say this is, right now you are at a great point in the build (tile rewards excluded) to start to swing it in a PBEM experience. The simplistic style and quick board game-like play that the system resembles now would serve a an excellent platform to keep track and assign games for a multiplayer format. I would most definitely get down on a month long campaign in an asynch style with some friends. So log this build before we get much further in altering and adding depth to it.
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Re: Future of the Planetary Supremacy Campaign

Post by blacklab »

That's an interesting idea. We haven't decided on plans for MP with Planetary Supremacy, so this is helpful feedback, thanks.
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames
TofuMountain
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Future of the Planetary Supremacy Campaign

Post by TofuMountain »

rekker wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:23 pm I would suggest holding on to the current iteration of the PS single player mode, even after we have expanded the mode with all the bells and whistles and depth for the SP experience. The reason why I say this is, right now you are at a great point in the build (tile rewards excluded) to start to swing it in a PBEM experience. The simplistic style and quick board game-like play that the system resembles now would serve a an excellent platform to keep track and assign games for a multiplayer format. I would most definitely get down on a month long campaign in an asynch style with some friends. So log this build before we get much further in altering and adding depth to it.
YES THIS! It perfectly mirrors the tile campaigns of the tabletop game. My group of 5 can't really play this game because so far as I understand there is no way to do a 5-player single map game (although I would love that) but a campaign series of 1v1s would be amazing! Please bring this to fruition!

Return to “Planetary Supremacy”