Ever-Green League - 300 BC

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

angusosborne
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Ever-Green League - 300 BC

Post by angusosborne »

This league was created by Kronenblatt in 2020 and in his words "is aimed at people who are looking for opportunities to play FoG2 casually and socially, yet in an organised way. The competitive part comes naturally, from the victory conditions. The idea is a "constant" ("ever"-lasting or ever-green) league, based on challenging each other along a table; fighting battles and getting points (depending on battle results), as well as always switching armies with each other (yes, always, after battle, independent of battle results) to create variety over time. The social part is not at all about having a strict conversation each turn on the chat. Just the type of chat that I've been having in my games with most of you guys (no names) and have come to enjoy so much (and is part of why I play FoG2): light, friendly, on- and off-topic (FoG2 as well as real life stuff), when we have something to say. Not really commenting every turn with at least 256 letters... :) But what I do want to avoid is the 100% competitive oriented approach, where the chat starts with "GL HF" and ends with "GG" and nothing in between, if you understand what I mean. :)"

The league comes in three separate sections, with armies covering a specific year (300 BC, 900 AD, and 1240 AD), and this thread refers to the 300 BC section.

The current standings and the results are available on:

EGL 300 BC on Google Drive

If you would like to join please read the rules, two posts down, and PM me so I can add you to the list of players.
Last edited by angusosborne on Wed May 04, 2022 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
angusosborne

Available Armies in Ever-Green League 300 BC

Post by angusosborne »

Apulian 420-203 BC
Arab 312 BC - 299 AD
Armenian 331 BC - 252 AD
Atropatene 320-145 BC
Bosporan 348-85 BC
Bruttian or Lucanian 420-203 BC
Campanian 420-281 BC
Carthaginian 340-281 BC
Caucasian 320 BC - 476 AD
Etruscan 330-280 BC
Gallic 300-101 BC
Georgian 331 BC - 252 AD
Greek (Mercenary) 460-281 BC
Greek 460-281 BC
Illyrian 680 BC - 25 AD
Indian 500 BC - 319 AD
Italian Hill Tribes 490-275 BC
Kyrenean Greek 321-276 BC
Libyan 300 BC - 70 AD
Ligurian 480-145 BC
Lysimachid 320-281 BC
Macedonian 320-261 BC
Mountain Indian 492-170 BC
Numidian or Moorish 341-56 BC
Ptolemaic 320-218 BC
Rhoxolani 350 BC - 24 AD
Roman 340-281 BC
Saka 300 BC - 50 AD
Samnite 355-272 BC
Sarmatian 350 BC - 24 AD
Seleucid 300-206 BC
Skythian 300 BC - 50 AD
Spanish (Celtiberian) 300-10 BC
Spanish (Iberian) 300-10 BC
Spanish (Lusitanian) 300-10 BC
Spartan 461-281 BC
Syracusan 412-281 BC
Thracian (Hellenistic Getae) 329-281 BC
Thracian (Hellenistic) 350-281 BC
Thracian (Triballi) 350 BC-46 AD
Umbrian 490-260 BC
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
Winner TDC III Dark Ages Division B
angusosborne

Rules for Ever-Green League

Post by angusosborne »

• The Ever-Green League consists of three sections: 300 BC, 900 AD, and 1240 AD (in Medieval)
  • The rules below are applicable upon each section separately (e.g., maximum one ongoing game per section, etc.).
Player undertakings and commitments
  • Players undertake to:
    • accept challenges within 72 hours after having received them.
    • pick up games in the FoG2 in-game multiplayer lobby within 48 hours after the challenge has been set up in-game.
    • play with such a turn frequency that a game is completed within not more than four weeks from the game having been picked up.
  • Repeated failure to do any of this could result in exiting the league.
  • Ownership of the following DLCs in each of the sections is required to play Ever Green League:
    • 300 BC: Immortal Fire
    • 900 AD: Wolves at the Gate
    • 1242 AD: Reconquista and Swords and Scimitars
Army lists
  • The army to start with can for an entering player be chosen freely from the universe of armies for that section (as presented in the second post of this thread), as long as the choice of that army doesn't cause it to exceed its maximum number being 10% of the armies in the league table for that section (rounded down to nearest integer, but never lower than 1).
    • That is, if there are 1-19 players in the league, the number of each army must not exceed 1; 20-29 players, then not exceed 2; 30-39 players, then not exceed 3, and so on.
  • A player can at all times replace his current army with a new one from the list of available armies, if he was the one originally choosing that army to start with, subject to the new army not exceeding its maximum number.
Information about the current situation
  • The official places and army lists to use are always the ones set out in the Google Drive link in the first post of the forum thread for the section in question, and the same goes for the official status of games (whether ongoing or concluded).
Who can challenge who
  • A player can be involved in only one ongoing game (per section) at any point in time.
  • A player can challenge another player up to three places above or below him.
  • A player must wait 24 hours, after the result of a game (in which he was the challenger) has been posted (whether by himself or the challenged player), before being allowed to make a new challenge.
  • A player can not make more than one challenge at a time (per section).
  • Challenges can be not be stored or put in a waiting list, backlog, etc.
  • A player who is already involved in a challenge (whether as challenger or challenged) can not make a challenge of his own, until that game has been concluded.
  • A player can not challenge another player who is already involved in a challenge (whether as challenger or challenged) until that game has been concluded.
  • A player can not challenge the same player twice in a row, unless at least one of the two players have played and concluded a game with another player in between the two challenges.
  • A player can not challenge a player who he was last challenged by, unless at least one of the two players have played and concluded a game with another player in between the two challenges.
How to make a challenge
  • Always first have a look in the thread of the section to see whether any other challenges have already been posted upon the player you wish to challenge.
  • A challenge is made through the following steps:

1. Make a post in the forum thread setting out the challenge that you are making, with full information about place, player, and army details, in the following format:
    • "7 kronenblatt Navarrese 900-1049 AD challenges 5 TomoeGozen Scots 851-1051 AD."
    • In addition, send a PM to the challenged player with the same information in order to make him aware of the challenge.
    2. The player being challenged accepts the challenge by way of "REPLY WITH QUOTE" button to the challenge as a post in the forum thread.
    • Players are expected to accept a challenge within 72 hours, so please subscribe to the forum thread and check it regularly.
    • If a player for some reason has more than one active challenge, the oldest one is the one to reply upon, and the other newer challenges are considered null and void.
    3. Once the challenge is accepted, the player making the challenge does the following:
    • Sets up the game in the FoG2 in-game Multiplayer Lobby (see Battles below).
    • Notifies the challenged player about the game set up including password by way of PM.
    3. If the challenge is not answered within 72 hours, then the challenge is considered null and void, and the player is now free to make another challenge or available to be challenged.
    • If not answered, the challenger should then reply to his own post in the forum thread, cancelling the challenge (for the sake of providing information to all other players).
    • As mentioned above, challenges can be not be stored or put in a waiting list, backlog, etc., and they can not be withdrawn during the 72-hour answering period.
Battles
  • Players use the armies as set out in the challenge.
  • The player making the challenge can decide whether his army uses an ally (from the standard list of allies for that army), always provided however that such ally's time span covers the actual year in question for that section.
    • For example, Thracian (Hellenistic) 350-281 BC is an acceptable ally for Lysimachid 320-281 BC in the Ever-Green League 300 BC, but Seleucid 302-301 BC is not allowed as ally.
  • The player being challenged can not use any allies.
  • Battles are made in Large Map Size, Open Battle Scenario, Pot Luck Map Type, and with 1600 FP for both players.
  • No rerolls of maps are allowed.
  • In order to win a game, a player needs to rout the other player (i.e., inflict at least 60% losses or at least 40% losses with a 25% difference) in the ensuing battle.
  • If neither player has routed the other or if both players are at 60% or above in inflicted losses, the game is considered a draw.
  • Any non-started, unconcluded, abandoned, or resigned games (for whatever reason) will be adjudicated points wise by the administrator.
After a concluded game
  • The challenger shall always report the result of the game in the forum thread of the league immediately after the game has been concluded, in the following format (with inflicted casualties specified in same order as player):
    • "7 kronenblatt Navarrese 900-1049 AD lost against 5 TomoeGozen Scots 851-1051 AD 15-45."
    • "7 kronenblatt Navarrese 900-1049 AD won against 5 TomoeGozen Scots 851-1051 AD 45-15."
    • "7 kronenblatt Navarrese 900-1049 AD drew with 5 TomoeGozen Scots 851-1051 AD 30-45."
    • However, the challenged player is also free to report the result (in the same way and format as stated above) if the challenger doesn't report promptly.
  • As mentioned above, the challenger must wait 24 hours after the result has been reported before being allowed to post a new challenge.
  • The two players exchange armies with each other (independent of the game's result); each getting the other player's army.
  • Players will be allocated points as follows:
    • For winning players:
      • 4 points, plus
        • 2 points if suffering 0-4% losses.
        • 1 points if suffering 5-9% losses.
    • For drawing or losing players:
      • 0 points if inflicting 0-14% losses.
      • 1 point if inflicting 15-29% losses.
      • 2 points if inflicting 30-44% losses.
      • 3 points if inflicting 45+% losses.
  • The result of a game is not considered effective and the game not considered concluded until it has been reported as above and been updated in the Google Drive document in the first post of the forum thread.
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
Holien
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Ever-Green League - 300 BC

Post by Holien »

2 Holien Thracian (Triballi) 350 BC-46 AD Challenges 4 SawyerK Rhoxolani 350 BC - 24 AD

@angusosborne Great news that you have picked up the running of the tourney. Thanks

Game now Underway
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

Holien wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:13 am 2 Holien Thracian (Triballi) 350 BC-46 AD Challenges 4 SawyerK Rhoxolani 350 BC - 24 AD

@angusosborne Great news that you have picked up the running of the tourney. Thanks

Game now Underway
My pleasure. I've entered in your battle
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

Karvon (Samnite) almost defeats angusosborne (Lysimachid) 42-20

The Samnites deployed almost entirely in and behind woods: there were merely two cavalry units visible to the Lysimachids at the start of the game. The Lysimachids utterly destroyed the light infantry and cavalry that were visible too them, but their assault on the wood was swiftly thrown back and their attempt to push around the flanks with inadequate numbers was one or two turns away from their own rout when time expired. An unusual and entertaining battle for me.
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

angusosborne (Samnite) challenges Aetius39 (Spartan)
Holien

Post by Holien »

2 Holien Thracian (Triballi) 350 BC-46 AD Defeats 4 SawyerK Rhoxolani 350 BC - 24 AD 27% to 52%

A tough game for SawyerK as Cavalry armies vs Spears are at a big disadvantage. The left flank was a big sea and the middle had swamp ina couple of places, not a lot could be done and the spears won the day. Many thanks to SawyerK for the friendly chat and battle...
deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by deeter »

Deeter (Saka) defeats anderercos11 (Seleucids) 57-30

Horsey armies not being my thing, I allowed some cats to get caught in melee but shot everyone else up. Thanks for the game and good luck with the Saka.

Deeter
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Karvon Lysimachid 320-281 BC challenges Blagrot Greek 460-281 BC

pw karvon

pm sent
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
SawyerK
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by SawyerK »

SawyerK with the Thracian Triballi army

challenges

dim30 with his Etruscans.

Notification will be sent by private message.

CHALLENGE RETRACTED ON MAY 16 DUE TO LACK OF RESPONSE.
Last edited by SawyerK on Mon May 16, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anderarcos11

Post by anderarcos11 »

Anderarcos 11 (Saka 300 AC-50 BC) challengues Kastrhonomical (Gallic 300-101 BC)
Blagrot
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Blagrot »

Karvon wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:23 am Karvon Lysimachid 320-281 BC challenges Blagrot Greek 460-281 BC

pw karvon

pm sent
And game started
Hari72

Post by Hari72 »

Hi, to everybody, I'm new to the league and ready for challenge! :D
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

Hi Hari72. I'll challenge you (Aetius39 has not responded to my challenge from 4 days ago).

angusosborne (Samnites) challenges Hari72 (Sarmatians).

The challenge is set up with the password "gotime"

Battle has begun
Kashtronomical
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Kashtronomical »

anderarcos11 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:39 pm Anderarcos 11 (Saka 300 AC-50 BC) challengues Kastrhonomical (Gallic 300-101 BC)
I accept.
anderarcos11

Post by anderarcos11 »

Game created.
SawyerK

Post by SawyerK »

I have not heard anything from Dim30 concerning my May 10 challenge so I retracting that.
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

SawyerK wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:08 pm I have not heard anything from Dim30 concerning my May 10 challenge so I retracting that.
Bummer
dim30

Post by dim30 »

Soryy. I have forgotten to answer but I tough have done that by PM. I'm already in battle with my etruscan against Stew01, this is noted in the EGL300 file on the Gdrive.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”