My battlesector thoughts, also PA.

DarkDice
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

My battlesector thoughts, also PA.

Post by DarkDice »

First of all I love battlesector and these are not complaints, just feedback. I will still play skirmish whether the game changes or not, because skirmish is great. I would love to see random map generation in skirmish (just like planetary supremacy has). I only have played against ai and don't plan to play against people. The game is mainly a game against ai, because of that, the ai should matter a lot.

The current ai battle strategies seem to lack and are always zerg rushing (consider having a rush strategy for battles that require units to be on a specific tile for points or something). One example from the game battle brothers, ai archers tend to be protected by other units. Sometimes those other units will not even move forward until prompted to because they are protecting the archers. Mind you, this is just one strategy that a themed group of units have, other themed units employ different things based on their skills and what not. Creating custom armies in skirmish and battling with them is my favorite. Now, some may think to increase the difficulty is to make enemies sponges (increase their hp/armor) or to make their number become a swarm (increase their quantity), or make enemies hit % go up and other stats, but to me those are all unattractive ways. The best way is to increase strategy. I cannot play against blood angel jet-pack in skirmish anymore because they send a HQ commander flying into my entire army all by himself.

1. Need to be able to zoom out further, the camera is too close to the battlefield while playing on a map.

2. The deployment could use work, some maps you only have 2 rows and the units are so densely placed (and the camera too close to the field) that its difficult to move a unit to a desired spot. relating to #1, zooming out further would make this easier. Consider having 0 units auto placed on the map and you place each unit, but, make an option so players can toggle auto placement on or off.

3. Beneficial to have the yellow circle that shows optimal range showing not only while moving a character, but also where a character is standing.

And finally...

4. I did not purchase the necrons yet because I wanted to see if planetary supremacy had good replayability, and it does not. It feels like unbalanced skirmish. Having varying neutral armies and not the same 2-3 units would be better. Although unlike skirmish (against ai), I like that I don't know what units the enemy armies have. I never play mobile games because I have a PC for a reason, the 18 tile hex map feels like a mobile game. A flat map of the warring part of the world with zones/territories or something similar could work. I don't want an upgrade system like the original campaign. Utilizing different win conditions per battle could spice things up. I am not sure if having multiple armies or just one army per team is better, its hard to tell. Although if it was multiple armies per team, the armies would only be able to move/attack to an adjacent zone/territory, unless there was movement points.

Return to “Planetary Supremacy”