FIELD OF GLORY KINGDOMS

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

FIELD OF GLORY KINGDOMS

Post by gaius21 »

Swuul
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: FIELD OF GLORY KINGDOMS

Post by Swuul »

Nice! :) Finally a reason to buy Field of Glory: Medieval :p
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.
elxaime
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by elxaime »

The Great Schism...

Seljuk Turks and Byzantines battle in Armenia...

In Normandy, Duke William, not yet known as The Conqueror, strengthens his realm...

In Scotland, Siward invades...but hark, a drum a drum, Macbeth doth come...

The Almoravids hold sway across Al-Andalus...
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

I predict that this will be the best computer game of all time. Empires was a masterpiece, that was improved gratly as time went on, and started out great.

I cannot wait to see what Pocus has done to Kingdomes, which is the second game in the series and
covers an even more interesting era. From the steppes of Russai to the plains of Spain, the scope is enormous, and will create a huge variety of fascinating play experiences.
Bullseye500
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Bullseye500 »

I am sure looking forward to this one!
grahamed
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by grahamed »

Bullseye500 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:56 pm I am sure looking forward to this one!
Yep bet it will be a great one
grahamed

Post by grahamed »

vaalen wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:27 pm I predict that this will be the best computer game of all time. Empires was a masterpiece, that was improved gratly as time went on, and started out great.

I cannot wait to see what Pocus has done to Kingdomes, which is the second game in the series and
covers an even more interesting era. From the steppes of Russai to the plains of Spain, the scope is enormous, and will create a huge variety of fascinating play experiences.
I agree its a great period and am really looking forward to it, though i suspect to say it is more interesting than antiquity from the dawn of Persia through to the height of the Roman Empire is possibly a little of an exageration, after all wasn’t much of it known as the dark ages not because of any preference for monochrome dress but more because of some cultural setbacks……

Still either way we all look forward to it.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

I believe the game starts in 1054, which is past the dark ages, and in the medieval era. The armies of this time were usually more advanced and interesting than those of the classic Dark Ages, with a huge variety of troop types and different military organizations. And this game will cover some of the legendary armies of the time, like the Mongols, the Normans, the crusader armies, the moslem armies that fought them, the Almoravids, the Russian principalities, the Teutonic knights, and many more.

I read that it will have 325 different troop types, and I know we can count on Pocus to make them interesting and often unique. And there are many new features.

I think we will love it!
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Looking forward to this!
mustardtiger5
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by mustardtiger5 »

Very excited about this upcoming masterpiece! So much so that I dared to make an overpaint of one of the released screenshots, trying to enhance the look of the game a bit.I realize that what has been shared so far represents a very early look and many things are subject to change, so hopefully you can find some of the ideas useful for your final visual style.

The hype is real, it is so real! :D

link to the image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugdwd0oxpctn3 ... t.png?dl=0
springel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by springel »

How can this game give the Church its historical power role? Excommunication could bring down the greatest warlord. In Western Europe this period is dominated by the power struggle between Pope and Roman Emperor. Local conflicts would escalate into Crusades. I am curious how Pocus will incorporate this power that rises above the Feudal states.
w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by w_michael »

Swuul wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:50 pm Nice! :) Finally a reason to buy Field of Glory: Medieval :p
It is a great game in its own right.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
Swuul

Post by Swuul »

w_michael wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:36 pm
Swuul wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:50 pm Nice! :) Finally a reason to buy Field of Glory: Medieval :p
It is a great game in its own right.
That may well be, but I personally have found the cavalry armies to tactically be the least interesting ones to play with or against in FoG2 Ancients. Thus I have seen no reason to buy FoG Medieval.
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

The setup may actually prove more suitable for Kingdoms and a 1054 AD start date than Ancients and e.g. 500 BC, since much more of the map and its regions are populated with powers, and many minor power hopefully. Which may generate a very dynamic, intense, vibrant, and alive feel of feudal Europe, more so than Ancient's pre-Roman imperial world. (But will the engine cope with so many individual powers, calculation and speed wise?)

Will there be different layers of powers, feudal style (king, count, baron, etc.) á la Crusader Kings? Or just one: overlord versus vassal?

Hopefully it's much more than just a skin change of Ancients, really dropping ancient features for medieval ones.

Looking forward to it!
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
Bullseye500

Post by Bullseye500 »

I have tried and tried to get into the Persia game and I keep going back to the Rome vs. Carthage era. I need to start and finish a Persia game before this Medieval game is released. I think that I will try again.

Shout out to Pocus, you are one of the best, your customer interaction speaks volumes about your character. Well done, Sir!
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Thanks Bullseye!

For Persia, have you tried either Sparta, Athens or even Rome? There is clearly a race against times when playing Rome, you need to intervene aggressively.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Swuul

Post by Swuul »

Personally I have fond Sparta most fun to play in the Persia setting. But I might be biased :p
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Bullseye500 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:42 pm Shout out to Pocus, you are one of the best, your customer interaction speaks volumes about your character. Well done, Sir!
I agree completely. Except that when it comes to developers and designers, my opinion is that Pocus
is the very best.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

I had a lot of fun playing Persia in this scenario, especially the game in which I finally conquered Greece, and won.

Very interesting and challenging.

But now i will try it with Rome or Sparta
Bullseye500

Post by Bullseye500 »

Pocus wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:05 am Thanks Bullseye!

For Persia, have you tried either Sparta, Athens or even Rome? There is clearly a race against times when playing Rome, you need to intervene aggressively.
Not yet but I have tried a couple of times, I want to. I just miss the Legion so much and Carthage's trade and navy just keep getting played. Livy drug me into the 2nd Punic Wars and I don't seem to be able to get out.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”