Lost saves of core units in AO

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

sakura006
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Lost saves of core units in AO

Post by sakura006 »

Hi, I lost the previous saves of my core units in AO. I don't want to go all the way through the Spanish Civil war to 1942 again, at least not the Spanish Civil War. Is there any way to cheat and quickly go through each campaign just to create a new core save?

Alternatively, if I have to start from 1939, all I lost is Adolf Galland. Verdeja2 will eventually be outdated, so that's fine. I remember in 1942 (or 1941) I need to give away Galland and there are hints about some potential future events. Is there any consequence if I don't have Galland?

Btw, does anyone know where the save of core units are located? Maybe I can edit one based on my GC playthrough?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Lost saves of core units in AO

Post by Grondel »

the local files of the game are stored here:
...\Documents\My games\Panzer Corps 2

might differ depending on ur windows version. but i think u get the general area. in there is a folder called cores, there u will find all u need.

sers,
Thomas
sakura006
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sakura006 »

Alright, I guess I lost all my core files then.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

If you don't have Galland, that choice won't happen at all. You just lose a chance to get 100 Bf109G one year earlier than normal, nothing else. That choice has no impact on anything.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

If you have 'Save Game" files from the last scenario of a campaign you can recreate the 'Save Core' file.
I save end of scenario files for each scenario.
Example if I load end of Madrid39 and click 'End Turn' a new 'Save Core' file is created.
Note: if you exit game without clicking 'end of turn' no 'Saved Core' is created.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”