Planetary Supremacy Feedback

pizleG
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Planetary Supremacy Feedback

Post by pizleG »

i would like to start by saying that Planetary Supremacy does bring back some dawn of war dark crusade feels on the campaign screen and i like that A LOT including the random generated maps for each node. So far, seeing as it is in preview, i think it is fantastic, good job so far.

Unfortunately the isometric campaign map does seem rather small and so far only the "nodes" only seem to grant me additional army points, which in itself is good, but if you have a bad couple of fights you can easily get steam rolled due to the fact the enemy team has 200+ army points over you within those turns, therefore losing more ground and army points in itself.

I would like to see;

- Bigger map with other objectives EG a "node" that grants an extra +1 to a units cap but increases that extra unit's points by 50, reduces a reinforcing units cooldown by 1, makes a units upgrade points cost cheaper ect, just to mix it up a little and have more reason to want to gain control of that area rather then just for more army points. I want to have more strategy to the choice of taking over and holding areas

- Secondary objectives in battle e.g. whichever side kills the native creature for extra rewards, regardless whether they win or not as this will incentivise to move around the map and not just take defensive positions behind cover or the mechs and spam overwatch ect.

- Stratagems of some sort on the campaign screen would be amazing, depending on what nodes you own, you could use these pre- battle (Like the OG star wars battlefront 1 and 2 galactic conquest) for mini buffs with a cooldown, as you need VERY different armies depending on if your going up against necrons or tyranids (as SM) because necrons like to spam the hell out of warriors and their high Armour Rating compared to tyranids means i have to drastically try and change my army on the fly, combined with the slow cooldown and the selection of equipment for units is low and you will be ill equipped for the fight, therefore losing the fight, losing army points and its all downhill from there.

- Equipment and unit selection is very lackluster which is a shame because the weapons and units feel great! just some additional equipment and unit choices will have a massive impact on the games and its replayability, which also means you can adapt your army to the given situation a lot better.
Meaning if i am at max army cap and have a tyranid fighting army but get in a fight with the necrons then i would rather drop a unit of incessors to give two other units some suitable equipment to fight them more efficiently LIKE RELIC WEAPONS WOULD BE NICE :)

- Upgrades for units that actually survive in PS (like in campaign) just some small buffs but visual upgrades would be amazing!

- Races, please dont leave it with the 3 race conundrum like DoW 3 :)

- Persistant Instances would be great to see the impact of previous battles on the terrain.

-Terrain, speaking of which there has been many instances where i would use some terrain as cover, like a high rock face and the enemy would be blatantly shooting through it as if it is not there and hitting with every shot like they have an direct line of sight.

QoL Updates

-Cover mechanics, cover is a HUGE part of 9th edition tabletop and it seems like an after thought, yes there is full cover but there is sandbag walls and "half cover" that seem to provide no bonuses and are just there for show?

- Camera Zoom, i would like to zoom out a little more please :)

- Fast Forward speed, its is slow and only works on the enemies turn, If i get overwatch and then pistol reaction on inceptors with their base gun i have to watch all 72 shots at normal speed then the speed increases, i would like to be able to press the fast forward button to at least speed up my units animations

- End turn overwatch PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have an option in the settings where if i choose to end turn and place my units that still have AP on overwatch to OPTIMAL OVERWATCH - Hell blasters having an optimal range of 4 but shooting at approaching enemies and missing like 7 squares away because ATM i HAVE to set each and every unit's overwatch distance manually and it takes FOREVER :(

My dream mechanic

I would absolutely LOVE to see a real time replay of my battles, where the camera cuts in, pans around the units and slow motions the deaths attacks a bit like the total war replays but in an xcom/fallout over the top style I know i am dreaming but that would be totally awesome!

I believe this is one of, if not, the closest game to the tabletop. I think the foundation you have set is really solid. The expansion to this game will hopefully cover a lot of these issues especially the QoL and if they do IMO it will immortalize the game!

Thanks so much for your time!
Blairj3
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Planetary Supremacy Feedback

Post by Blairj3 »

How do you get the reinforce portion to work enemy ai always can but when they attack my base I can’t…
Blairj3

Post by Blairj3 »

How do you get the reinforce portion to work enemy ai always can but when they attack my base I can’t…
Blairj3

Post by Blairj3 »

Return to “Planetary Supremacy”