Ancients Little Wars Campaign Ladder

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Ancients Little Wars Campaign Ladder

Post by Karvon »

The following are the guidelines for my Ancients Little Wars ladder competition.

1. Players pick any Ancients list and then play that list for a minimum of three games and a maximum of ten games. You could then opt for another list with the proviso you couldn't play with the same list or nation back to back. Thus, if you were using one of the Republican Roman lists you couldn't take an Imperial Roman list next.

2. You can play any other player within 3 rungs of you on the ladder, but can't face the same opponent back-to-back.

3. The same list can be chosen by a maximum of two players, so you can have civil war scenarios.

4. Scoring will be: 120 - winner's losses. Draws are whatever each side scored.

5. I would like to encourage battle reports from BOTH sides, so players can gain some bonus points for posting reports in addition to what they earned from the fight itself. A maximum of 30 pts awarded: 10 pts for a graphic of some sort and up to another 20 pts for a write up calculated at a rate of word count in my WP program/10. This can be in story form or analytical review or a mix of both.

6. As a Little War scenario, armies and maps are to be set to the minimum sizes for each.

7. You are free to switch allies from match to match or forego them as you liked. Allies are much smaller contingents in such small scenarios.

8. Fields are to be POTLUCK unless players mutually agree to a particular terrain. Each player may unilaterally request one reroll of the map. One additional reroll can be done if BOTH players mutually agree.

9. I will maintain a record of the ladder, game logs and campaign data which will be viewable by those interested via Google Drive.

If you are interested in being added to the ladder, please post your name and army choice and I'll add you to the list.

Regards

Karvon

Current list of Players

Karvon - Numedian 55 BC
Last edited by Karvon on Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
angusosborne
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: New Campaign Ladder Idea

Post by angusosborne »

Sounds good. As a lapsed tabletop wargamer I am nostalgic for the idea of taking your one army into battle against all-comers
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
Winner TDC III Dark Ages Division B
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Ancients Little Wars Campaign Ladder

Post by Karvon »

I've finalized on this so giving it a bump.

Karvon
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”