Mayen - Game 2. Early Hungarian v Norse Irish

Forum for anyone to post reports of their battles and pictures, otherwise known as After Action Reports.

Moderators: hammy, philqw78, terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Mayen - Game 2. Early Hungarian v Norse Irish

Post by dave_r »

Facing Norse Irish this time. Loads of Battle Groups Heavy Foot heavy weapon, medium foot heavy weapon, the compulsory viking ally and loads of Light Foot.

There was also some fortifications which played no part in the battle.

My army was:
IC, 2xTC
3x4 Superior, Armoured, Undrilled, Knights, Lancers Swordsmen
4x4 Superior, Unprotected, Undrilled, Cavalry, Bow Swordsmen
4x4 Average, Unprotected, Undrilled, Light Horse, Bow Swordsmen
3x6 Poor, Unprotected, Undrilled, Light Foot, Bow

I frequently forgot about taking photo's as this was quite a complex game. The hill on the right was an important piece of terrain, which I considered contesting, but in the end didn't.

After opening moves the battle looked like this

My light horse scared off the light foot and my knights scarpered.

My light horse disrupted to poor Light Foot. My knights would need to get a shift on as the flanks weren't that secure

My re-deployed knights getting ready to hit the heavy foot heavy weapon BG whilst the skirmishing cavalry and light horse held up the chaps on the hill.

Just what the Hungarians wanted. An open battlefield where Unprotected Medium Foot could be ganged upon and shot to pieces.

Although the general with the knights had gone mysteriously missing. With the medium foot having lost a base in return.

The knightly charge on the right wing was somewhat more successful. The Heavy Foot ending up fragmented after a couple of combat rounds.

Open table goodness!

Run away!

Medium foot surrouned by knights and light horse having a bad day. Elsewhere it was open season for shooting up unprotected Medium Foot.

Time was called and the Hungarians had lost six Attrition Points and the Irish had lost eight.

A tough game for both sides. The Vikings make a big difference to the dynamic and the three knights are powerful, but can't be everywhere.
Evaluator of Supremacy

Return to “Field of Glory AAR's”