A Game of Thrones Revamped(Current Version 1.5 Dec. 26th)

Moderator: rbodleyscott

vispainiusii
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: A Game of Thrones Revamped(Current Version 1.4 Sep. 23rd)

Post by vispainiusii »

Very impressive mod! I'm looking forward to even more, hopefully! :D

Any ideas for the future ?
SmickeyMcgee
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by SmickeyMcgee »

vispainiusii wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:34 am Very impressive mod! I'm looking forward to even more, hopefully! :D

Any ideas for the future ?
Right now im finishing up the Slaver Cities of Slaver's Bay. I've done an army for Daenerys with Dothraki and Unsullied supported by freed slaves, no dragons though :( I'm gonna do Qarth and then i've got ideas for the new Knight models from the sublime port DLC.
Heres some screenshots
Screen_00000005.jpg
Screen_00000005.jpg (751.01 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
Screen_00000004.jpg
Screen_00000004.jpg (674.39 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
Screen_00000006.jpg
Screen_00000006.jpg (683.6 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

SmickeyMcgee wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:55 pm Right now im finishing up the Slaver Cities of Slaver's Bay. I've done an army for Daenerys with Dothraki and Unsullied supported by freed slaves, no dragons though :( I'm gonna do Qarth and then i've got ideas for the new Knight models from the sublime port DLC.
Excellent work! I'd be happy to look over Squads again when you're happy with the new additions.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Kerait
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Kerait »

Amazing armies and skins. Is there any way you can play this online multiplayer?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Kerait wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:04 am Amazing armies and skins. Is there any way you can play this online multiplayer?
See my post on page 2 of this thread.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Kerait

Post by Kerait »

Paul59 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:21 am
Kerait wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:04 am Amazing armies and skins. Is there any way you can play this online multiplayer?
See my post on page 2 of this thread.
Great! I've put up a challenge if anybody is interested.
Rosedelio
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Rosedelio »

So, playing with Kerait, I noticed Knights still have 12 AP. Will that be changed in the next version?
Touhou mod for FOGII: Medieval: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111582
My FOGII and FOGII Medieval focused channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Rosedelio
Lennard
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Lennard »

Overall I'm really enjoying this mod!

Only one thing I noticed: Some of the Essos Free Company Units (Spearmen and Archers) have the ability to mount in the deployment phase, I'm not sure if this is intended as it turns them into "glowing" units of mounted Druschina and even if you dismount them again, they retain the Druschina capabilities and the small unit size.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Lennard wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:40 pm Overall I'm really enjoying this mod!

Only one thing I noticed: Some of the Essos Free Company Units (Spearmen and Archers) have the ability to mount in the deployment phase, I'm not sure if this is intended as it turns them into "glowing" units of mounted Druschina and even if you dismount them again, they retain the Druschina capabilities and the small unit size.
That would be a (copy/paste) error in the ##0 column in the Squads file.

All that needs to be done to fix it is to remove Druzhina from Column BN on the Essos_Merc_Inf line
Richard Bodley Scott

SnuggleBunnies

Re: A Game of Thrones Revamped(Current Version 1.5 Dec. 26th)

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Looks like knights are locked in at the old 12AP, but following the evolution of the vanilla game should have 14

One more thing on AP, Lennard pointed out that a number of the massed archer units (the 'red archer', 'blue' color units in squads) have 12AP where they should presumably have 10.
Last edited by SnuggleBunnies on Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

attached in this post is my version of squads 1.5, with three sets of changes:

1) Knightly AP increased to 14 as in vanilla

2) A few Bowmen units had 12AP, reduced to 10 to be in line with the others

3) Giants felt a bit too cheap, so I increased the cost to 48... we'll see how that does, they might still be too cheap, as they move 3 tiles and break one of the core vanilla unit rules by combining Impact Foot with HW. That said, they are a small Protected unit, so should theoretically be vulnerable to archery... the cost breakdown for them is:

7 Superior Protected HF
1.5 Heavy Weapon
.5 Impact Foot
1 for having 12AP
= 10x4 bases (not the usual 6 - small unit size to increase vulnerability to shooting and Combat Strength Modifier) = 40. Added 8 more for the unique combo of HW with Impact Foot. Normally, as in vanilla I like to simply follow the chart, but since we're breaking rules anyway here...

Place in the mod directory in user/documents/my games/fieldofglorymedieval/campaigns/agotv1.5
or
Place in the mod directory in user/documents/my games/fieldofglorymedieval/multiplayer/agotv1.5
Be aware that for multiplayer, anyone you play with will need to have the same file or else it will generate errors.

1/11/23 revision: a number of massed bow units were miscosted at 30 instead of 36
1/15/23 revision: most dismounted knights were wrongly sized at 400 instead of 600 Unit Size, thanks to youtube viewer Daverino for catching this
SnugglySquads1.5c.rar
(7.06 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Polskers
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Polskers »

Great mod! :) Really enjoying it so far.

Will you ever have the option for a campaign module? I think the community would definitely be interested.

Keep up the good work!
SmickeyMcgee
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by SmickeyMcgee »

Polskers wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:50 pm Great mod! :) Really enjoying it so far.

Will you ever have the option for a campaign module? I think the community would definitely be interested.

Keep up the good work!
I haven't looked into how to mod campaigns yet, but if someone wanted to make a campaign module sub-mod that would be awesome. Recently i've been focusing on a historical 11th-14th century mod i've been working on for awhile now. It's gonna be a mix of my Knights Mod and a whole ton of eastern units/factions i've been doing. So AGOT's on the backburner for now.
locustmustdie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by locustmustdie »

Hi,may I ask a noob question :) :By what tools do you make these models and textures. I’ve searched FoG2 forums,some said Blender and 3Dmax are necessities.Is that all? Do we need a powerful PC to do this.

Best Regards
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

locustmustdie wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:46 am Hi,may I ask a noob question :) :By what tools do you make these models and textures. I’ve searched FoG2 forums,some said Blender and 3Dmax are necessities.Is that all? Do we need a powerful PC to do this.

Best Regards
Smickeys' (and my new units in the Ancients TT Mod) are created by merely editing the unit textures. For that you just need a decent graphics program such as Paint Shop Pro, Gimp or Photo Shop, even Paint would allow you to do some things. Obviously it helps to be experienced (and talented?!) in using them. You also need the Archon tool to allocate the new textures to the existing 3d models.

There is only so much you can do with texture edits though. For instance, there is no way I could make a mounted hoplite with a Corinthian helmet with a new texture for an existing 3d model. For that you would need to create a new 3d model. That is far more difficult and would need a 3d modelling program, which is expensive and very hard to use. I've tried it, and it is way beyond my abilities. You wouldn't need a new pc to do it though.

As far as I am aware, the only modders to create new models for Field of Glory 2, are the guys that worked on the Napoleonic and 18th Century mods. I think they converted Total War models to FoG2.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
locustmustdie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by locustmustdie »

Thanks so much,Paul
SmickeyMcgee
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by SmickeyMcgee »

Paul59 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:26 am
locustmustdie wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:46 am Hi,may I ask a noob question :) :By what tools do you make these models and textures. I’ve searched FoG2 forums,some said Blender and 3Dmax are necessities.Is that all? Do we need a powerful PC to do this.

Best Regards
Smickeys' (and my new units in the Ancients TT Mod) are created by merely editing the unit textures. For that you just need a decent graphics program such as Paint Shop Pro, Gimp or Photo Shop, even Paint would allow you to do some things. Obviously it helps to be experienced (and talented?!) in using them. You also need the Archon tool to allocate the new textures to the existing 3d models.

There is only so much you can do with texture edits though. For instance, there is no way I could make a mounted hoplite with a Corinthian helmet with a new texture for an existing 3d model. For that you would need to create a new 3d model. That is far more difficult and would need a 3d modelling program, which is expensive and very hard to use. I've tried it, and it is way beyond my abilities. You wouldn't need a new pc to do it though.

As far as I am aware, the only modders to create new models for Field of Glory 2, are the guys that worked on the Napoleonic and 18th Century mods. I think they converted Total War models to FoG2.
Paul's got it spot on, however if you don't want to mess around with Archon you can use Notepad+ to assign textures to the models. Just open the .s4f model in notepad and control find whatever_diffuse@.dds and replace the whatever part with the name of your new texture. IMPORTANT the new texture name has to be same number of characters as what it's replacing. For example to make russian archers i took the barb_med_archers_diffuse@.dds and copied then renamed it russ_med_archers_diffuse@.dds
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

I have created a couple of MP challenges on version 1.5c if anyone is up for a game, or other armies if preferred.
kwun666
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by kwun666 »

The fault happened when I play the battle of Trident.
Attachments
FOG2Medieval_H6nlz9Zzqz.png
FOG2Medieval_H6nlz9Zzqz.png (496.96 KiB) Viewed 789 times
SmickeyMcgee
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by SmickeyMcgee »

I had changed the names of some units in the squad file and forgot to change the corresponding names in the scenario file. Heres a copy of the scenario file with the changed names.
BattleofTrident.zip
(29.71 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval - Modding”