An Empire in Flames - Campaign II: Ongoing

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: An Empire in Flames - Campaign II: Ongoing

Post by Geffalrus »

Challenge up for Crossington:

Geffalrus (Sassanids 1600) raiding Crossington (Romans V 1600) in Mess-o-potamia XXIV (Middle East Agricultural)

Password is persia
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Games set up:

3a. Geffalrus (Romans III, 1600 FP) versus Aetius39 (Romans IV, 1600 FP) in Moesia Inferior (XII).

4b. Aetius39 (Goths with Iazyges allies, 1600 FP) versus Geffalrus (Romans III, 1600 FP) in Dacia (XI).

Aetius
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Aetius39 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:35 am Games set up:

3a. Geffalrus (Romans III, 1600 FP) versus Aetius39 (Romans IV, 1600 FP) in Moesia Inferior (XII).

4b. Aetius39 (Goths with Iazyges allies, 1600 FP) versus Geffalrus (Romans III, 1600 FP) in Dacia (XI).

Aetius
Password?
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Geffalrus wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:10 pm
Aetius39 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:35 am Games set up:

Aetius
Password?
It's roman or romans

Aetius
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
Stew101
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Stew101 »

Hi Snuggles,

well spotted - I have mucked up the first game set up.
Selected E. Med hilly instead of Med hilly.

My apologies for the mistake, but my heads all over the place as I'm suffering with COVID this week.

I've set the game up again - hopefully correct this time.

Regards Stew.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Raid: Iazyges with Frankish allies attack Geffalrus’ Pannonia (X).

Draw, 0-0. The Romans huddle up in the Rough backed by artillery, and the horsemen wisely declined to attack.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Raid: Iazyges (Stew101) attack Noricum (IX)

Roman III victory 40-15

Some steep hills and rough terrain helped protect the Romans from the tender embrace of the lancers, long enough for the artillery and ranged units to go to work. A bold flanking maneuver by lancers and peasant mobs still nearly rolled up the left flank even with the forest slowing them down.
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Conquest: Romans III (Geffalrus) attack Romans IV (Aetius39) in Moesia Inferior

Roman III victory 42-15

An aggressive attack on the right flank by the Foederati troops and Roman cavalry overwhelmed the cohorts facing them, while the auxillia delayed the Dacian allies attacking in force on the left. For a brief period, the commanders in chief faced each other in melee in the center, before the momentum of the foederati assault carried them apart.
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Raid: Goths with Iazyges (Aetius39) attack Romans III (Geffalrus) in Dacia XI.

Romans III victory 51-25

Anchored by forests on one flank, and the swollen Danuvius on the other, the Romans set up their artillery and sat around checking Twittericus while the Goths advanced. The auxilliaries on the right flank in the forest got a rude awakening when the Goths sent in a massive swarm of light archers. Backed up by cavalry and loose order warbands, the Gothic assault caused the auxillia to fall back with heavy losses. In an attempt to rescue the situation, the legions and foederati in the center surged forward to engage the rest of the Gothic host. With the lancers fended off by artillery fire, the superior morale and training of the legions made itself apparent. A series of unlucky combat and cohesion checks for the warbands resulted in a chain rout that swept through the Gothic host before their victorious left flank could work their way through the forest and remaining auxillia. The glass cannon reputation of your average warband continues to be well-deserved.

GG to my opponent, and that's the end of the campaigning season for the Pannonian Legions.
Stew101

Post by Stew101 »

Conquest: Roman II (Snuggles) attacks Roman I (Stew101) in Hispania (XVII).

The Roman Tribune - Issue 1

Citizens of Rome your true Emperor Stewarius is pleased to announce:
"Frankus Snugglius mortuus est!"

The usurper in his unprovoked attack on the good citizens of Hispania, has angered the Gods and lost his head.

Another usurper will rise in his place.
But good citizens can rest assured that it is only a matter of time before the true Emperor unifies the Empire again.

Vivat Roma et Imperator

Result victory for Roman I (Stew101) over Roman II (Snugglebunnies)

Standing With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

Stew101 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:21 am
Thanks, Stew, but I need the actual score as well.
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
Stew101

Post by Stew101 »

kronenblatt wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:41 pm
Stew101 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:21 am
Thanks, Stew, but I need the actual score as well.
Hi Andreas
sorry, score is below:

Stew101 (Roman I) 31% Vs Snugglebunnies (Roman II) 39%.

PS
Andreas could you please clarify how the adjusted FP in subsequent rounds will work.
I didn't understand it. :oops:

SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

1a. Stew101 (Romans I, 1600 FP) versus Snugglebunnies (Romans II, 1600 FP) in Agri Decumates (VI).

SnuggleBunnies suffers 33% losses
Stew 7%

The match times out for a draw.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Stew101 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:12 pm Andreas could you please clarify how the adjusted FP in subsequent rounds will work.
Sure. In this first round, all your ROMAN factions used 1600 FP in their battles. That won’t necessarily be the case going forward, since they will now be using 1600 PLUS their respective FP Adjustments.

FP Adjustment for the following round is calculated as 20 minus the maximum incurred casualties of his Roman faction this round plus the highest casualty difference of his Roman faction's Raid victories (if any at all) this round.

So if we take Geffalrus’ Roman faction as an example, its maximum incurred casualties so far this round is 25 (in 4b) whereas it has won a Raid battle (also 4b) with a casualty difference of 26 (51-25). (A Roman faction having won no Raid battle uses a difference of zero for the latter adjustment.)

Thus, his FP Adjustment to be used next round (as it currently stands) would be 20 - 25 + 26 = +21 and his Roman faction would then next round fight with 1621 FP.

Furthermore, players’ FP Adjustments will determine the order that they make attack declarations the next round.

FP Adjustments are not carried over to subsequent rounds, so it will be recalculated taking only another applicable runs into account, round by round.

Stew101

Post by Stew101 »

kronenblatt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:48 am
Stew101 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:12 pm Andreas could you please clarify how the adjusted FP in subsequent rounds will work.
Sure. In this first round, all your ROMAN factions used 1600 FP in their battles. That won’t necessarily be the case going forward, since they will now be using 1600 PLUS their respective FP Adjustments.

FP Adjustment for the following round is calculated as 20 minus the maximum incurred casualties of his Roman faction this round plus the highest casualty difference of his Roman faction's Raid victories (if any at all) this round.

So if we take Geffalrus’ Roman faction as an example, its maximum incurred casualties so far this round is 25 (in 4b) whereas it has won a Raid battle (also 4b) with a casualty difference of 26 (51-25). (A Roman faction having won no Raid battle uses a difference of zero for the latter adjustment.)

Thus, his FP Adjustment to be used next round (as it currently stands) would be 20 - 25 + 26 = +21 and his Roman faction would then next round fight with 1621 FP.

Furthermore, players’ FP Adjustments will determine the order that they make attack declarations the next round.

FP Adjustments are not carried over to subsequent rounds, so it will be recalculated taking only another applicable runs into account, round by round.
Thanks. Think I get that now. Cheers.
Stew101

Post by Stew101 »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:03 pm 1a. Stew101 (Romans I, 1600 FP) versus Snugglebunnies (Romans II, 1600 FP) in Agri Decumates (VI).

SnuggleBunnies suffers 33% losses
Stew 7%

The match times out for a draw.
The Roman Tribune - Issue 2

"That the liberation of Agri Decumates, from the yoke of the usurpers, is going well. Citizens of Decumates your freedom is at hand".

Our embedded reporters with the Roman I army, confirm that a large engagement has taken place in wooded and difficult terrain inside the border of Agri Decumantes. The ground suited neither army, but late in the day the Roman I army attacked on both flanks, hoping to envelope their opponents. The Gods favored their assaults and a crushing victory was only prevented by the brave defense of the enemy's artillery crews and a cohort and their General. All these brave Roman soldiers died upholding the usurper.

This publication calls on all true and honest Romans in the Roman II army to surrender their arms and follow the one true Emporer Stewarius. Do not share the fate of your compatriots.

All good citizens can rest assured that it is only a matter of time before the true Emperor unifies the Empire again.

Vivat Roma et Imperator

Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

The men of the Pannonian Legions eagerly listened to the messengers from the Gallic Legions; humorous entertainment had been in short supply since they had left behind their comedians during the march along the Danubius, and they were much in need of a good chuckle. Their riotous laughter could be heard from the Pontus Euxine all the way up to the Rhaetic Alps.

The Emperor draped in purple was less mirthful, however. With a laconic manner that would have done the Spartans of old proud, he simply said: "Provocatione accepit."
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Stew101 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:21 am Conquest: Roman II (Snuggles) attacks Roman I (Stew101) in Hispania (XVII).

Ah, my Latin is not very good so I now realise when watching Snuggle's YouTube video that his C-in-C died and that caused him to lose the battle. Right?

C-in-Cs falling in battle and the accumulated number of factions' killed C-in-Cs will have implications in the campaign in the sense that it will affect the number of provinces lost due to the lost battle.

So pleaaaaaazze EVERYONE, in order to make my life as admin easier, when reporting battles, write something like this, ok?

Stew101 defeats SnuggleBunnies 39-31, due to C-in-C falling in battle.

Thanks!

Stew101

Post by Stew101 »

kronenblatt wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:56 pm
Stew101 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:21 am Conquest: Roman II (Snuggles) attacks Roman I (Stew101) in Hispania (XVII).

Ah, my Latin is not very good so I now realise when watching Snuggle's YouTube video that his C-in-C died and that caused him to lose the battle. Right?

C-in-Cs falling in battle and the accumulated number of factions' killed C-in-Cs will have implications in the campaign in the sense that it will affect the number of provinces lost due to the lost battle.

So pleaaaaaazze EVERYONE, in order to make my life as admin easier, when reporting battles, write something like this, ok?

Thanks!
Hi Andreas,

my apologies for the poor reporting of the result. It was all rather exciting and I got a bit carried aware.
Yes, you are correct Snuggles CinC got killed.

I don't imagine he's going to let that happen again, but if lightning does strike twice I will do better.

All the best Stewart.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Stew101 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:53 pm
kronenblatt wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:56 pm

Thanks!
Hi Andreas,

my apologies for the poor reporting of the result. It was all rather exciting and I got a bit carried aware.
Yes, you are correct Snuggles CinC got killed.

I don't imagine he's going to let that happen again, but if lightning does strike twice I will do better.

All the best Stewart.
No probs, Stew! One thing doesn’t exclude the other. It’s fun with your game reports! :)

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”