Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Chaos Tourney VII Results

Post by Karvon »

anderarcos11 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:46 am
Karvon wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:38 am
Rosedelio wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:26 am In the Mirror division, I've won both games with Hari72. Plus, I think I should have 4 points for the game with carpenkm
Thanks, noted and updated accordingly.

Karvon
Carpenkm won a challengue against me, it is not in the list.
I have recorded one victory for him against you in Div 2. I have seen one posted result for mirror division which you won. The other game has not yet been reported.

Karvon
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
Flockaveli
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Flockaveli »

Div 1

Flockaveli defeats Rosedelio 61-59

an absolute bloodbath. Rosedelio played skillfully in an awful matchup, nearly defeating my crossbow-heavy army on good defensive terrain with horse archers!! But my honor remains intact as I was able to shoot down just enough of the riders, coupled with some ridiculous hold firm luck on my last turn.

GG!
Zawzgrzyt
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zawzgrzyt »

Div 2

After a fierce battle Zawzgrzyt (Byzantines) defeated Hari (72Papal) 56-31

Thanks for good game.
Rosedelio
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Rosedelio »

Mirror Div

Rosedelio (Aragonese) defeats carpenkm (Lusitanian) 56-25

Aragonese knights did well against the squishy medium impact foot. Some impact foot managed to get to the weaker Aragonese infantry. However, multiple Aragonese rallies helped widen the gap and lead to victory.

With this, all of my Chaos matches are done. Thanks for hosting, Karvon.
Touhou mod for FOGII: Medieval: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111582
My FOGII and FOGII Medieval focused channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Rosedelio
Blagrot
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Blagrot »

Blagrot (Lombard 570-649 AD) beat random27 (Thracian (Getae) 680-330 BC) 65% - 54%

A brutal fight, lots of spearmen made the lancers look foolish but the mobility told as repeated flank charges (mostly on unengaged units) wore down the medium spears. Eventually the luckless massed peltasts had to step up and they couldn't last, the final turn had a few pursuits to flatter the final score, thanks for a close game.
Zawzgrzyt
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zawzgrzyt »

Zawzgrzyt Pontic 281-111 BC defeats Giacofa93 Arab (North Africa) 789-999 AD 62-40

Tough battle, at the end, there are few left on the battlefield.
Good game, thanks.
carpenkm
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by carpenkm »

Game 25 Div 2

carpenkm (Elamites 815-539 BC) beat Crossington (Nabataean 260 BC - 106 AD)
60 - 43

A proper old school biblical archery festival. Much random fragmenting and breaking meant that this was a much closer affair than the score suggests - i had at least 3 fragged units waiting to join in the massed running away. The Elamite right broke through whilst the left held meaning that i reached the magic 60% before my opponent. Good game Crossington well played.
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Game 16
carpenkm (Berber (Murabit) 1087-1147 AD) beat angusosborne (Burgundian 1430-1449 AD)
48 -17
An disadvantage in lights and archery forced the Burgundians into an uphill advance. Some lucky light cav chargers disrupted units and distracted knights who, as is their want, pursued far too long when winning against lesser cavalry. Some cascade breaks in the Burgundian Centre lead to an early bath before the flanking cavalry could re-join the battle. Thanks for a well played game
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

SnuggleBunnies (Anglo-Saxon) draws with Blagrot (Ayyubid) 43-28. Night fell with neither army able to win.

GG
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

OK here are the latest standings.

While Div 1 and 2 seem to be on track to finish on time, Mirror Division is lagging. We have about 2 weeks till our original deadline. Please pick up the pace, if you haven't started your matches.

If you see any problems, let me know, I do miss posts sometimes.
Attachments
ct7 0802.jpg
ct7 0802.jpg (184.65 KiB) Viewed 625 times
angusosborne
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by angusosborne »

angusosborne wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:29 pm Div 2

angusosborne (French1445-1465) defeats Hari72 (Free Canton 1106-1199) 42-7

I feel that although I've had the better side of most of the matchups in this league it hasn't resulted in a lot f wins. But this was an exception. My longbowmen, crossbowmen and bombard shot up their spearmen from a hill, while the knights charged merrily in and the Free Canton spearmen couldn't really do anything to stop me.
If I read your table right Karvon I think your missed this result.
My last game is proceeding and we'll hopefully get a result
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
Winner TDC III Dark Ages Division B
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Div 1

Karvon Cimmerian 76-600 BC defeated Blagrot Breton 1050-1154 AD 45-13 for a 4-0 win.

We deployed a swarm of light archers on the slopes of a steep hill which divided the center of the field. Initially, we also hid a block of irregular foot behind that. We deployed a mix of light and heavy horse archers to either side of the hill. The Bretons initially deployed large block of mixed infantry in the center opposite the hill with knights cover each flank.

Our horse archers rode forward and skirmished with the opposing knights on each flank while our foot bow lent some support. His knights attempted to close, with some success on our right, but not so much on our left, where we got caught and scattered a bit. We were able encircle and shoot down most of the knights on our left. Our foot archers massed enough fire to see off a few of his foot in the center and we enveloped his center with some our victorious horse after this right disappeared under our arrows with support from our irregulars threatening from the forward slopes of the hill.
Blagrot

Post by Blagrot »

Mirror League

Blagrot (Roman 24 BC - 196 AD) beat random27 (Lithuanian 1360-1385 AD) 16% - 44%

The legions marched boldly into the arrows, engaging and crushing the foot archers and steadily chasing down the horsemen. Thanks for the game
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

angusosborne, Spanish (Lusitanian) 300-10 BC
defeats
Giacofa93, Armenian 253-476 AD

45:18

Armenian cataphracts were very hard to deal with, I got one by surrounding it, but otherwise lost or ran away, but otherwise the Armenians couldn't deal with Lusitanian warband and caetrati and we had the advantage of a very large hill to attack from.
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
Winner TDC III Dark Ages Division B
Blagrot

Post by Blagrot »

Mirror League

Blagrot (Syracusan 280-211 BC) beat carpenkm (Breton 1400-1491 AD) 41% - 12%

The actually useful Syracusian mediums beat up the brigands and some crossbowmen in the rough terrain while the knights (mounted and foot) steadily ground through the Hoplites although fear for their flanks stopped the foot knights from making the most of it as their supporting units fell. The battle ended before the cavalry that had made the breakthrough could return tot he fighting. thanks for the game and chat and sorry I didn't spot it was 40% :P
Yinsd00
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Yinsd00 »

Div 2

Yinsd00 Lombard 1050-1057 AD defeats carpenkm Spartan 280-228 BC 49-24

Thanks for the game.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Here are the current standings as of today.

While a fair number of players have completed all their matches, I'm extending the deadline for CT to the end of the month as I know at least a couple of players have had to deal with covid and at least a couple of others are/have been away on extended summer holidays. Aug. 31 will be the final deadline. Any matches uncompleted will be adjudicated.

As always, if I've missed any postings for finished games, please let me know and I'll update accordingly.

Regards,

Karvon
Attachments
ct7 0815b.jpg
ct7 0815b.jpg (185.68 KiB) Viewed 529 times
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Mirror League

carpenkm (Syracusan 280-211 BC) beat Blagrot (Breton 1400-1491 AD)
57 - 28
In the reverse match the Breton's once again suffered at the hands of the hoplites. The dismounted knights were their usual obstinate selves, but weight of numbers and knights which pursue far too long made the difference. So much for 1700 years of military developments. Good game once again Mr B.
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Div 2
Carpenkm (Muslim Indian)beat Hari72 (Irish) 66 - 35

A long distance between these two armies and lacking their home terrain the Irish proved vulnerable to heavy archery fire and charging elephants.

Well played.
Flockaveli
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Flockaveli »

Div 1

Flockaveli (Aragonese 1050-1136) defeats Blagrot (Ptolemaic 320-218BC) 50-18

Great game, but ultimately the pikes were unable to deal with the knights.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”