Chaos Tourney VII Results

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Chaos Tourney VII Results

Post by Karvon »

This forum is for posting results of Chaos Tourney VII matches.

Please post using the following format with score being the final losses shown in the top left corner on the final turn of play.

Div X

Player A - Army A defeated Player B - Army B by a score of xx to xx

It is always entertaining to read battle reports, so please feel free to add these and screen shots as well.

I will be converting reported scores to our standard scoring system which is the same as the old DL system: 4-0 for a normal win. 3-1 if the defender scored move than 49%. 2 pts for a draw if you scored at least 25%. Thus matches can be: 4-0, 3-1, 2-2, 2-0 or 0-0 for tournament points.

I will post rankings about once a week after probably the first three weeks or so, once a number of games have been completed.

If you have any questions regarding posting results, please post them here or send me PM.

Good luck and have fun!

Karvon
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Chaos Tourney VII Results

Post by tyronec »

Div 1
tyronec SnuggleBunnies Hunnic 250-375 AD English (Continental) 1475 AD
No score draw.
The English didn't fancy chasing a bunch of horse archers in the open and the horse archers didn't fancy assaulting a bunch of longbowmen behind stakes.
Crossington
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Crossington »

Div2
Yinsd00 Crossington Jewish 64 BC - 6 AD Graeco-Bactrian 250-130 BC
I conceded to Yinsd00. The terrain was mostly rough which was terrible for my army list. I should have requested a map re-roll or camp a corner to draw but elected not to.
XLegione
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by XLegione »

Division 2

XLegione Pontic defeated Hari72 Thracian, 49% - 9% (4-0)

Thanks for the game.

Ciao

XLegione
XLegione

Post by XLegione »

Division 2

XLegione Byzantine defeated Zawzgrzyt German (City) (SE) 1320-1374 AD, 52% - 26%

4-0

Thanks for the game.

Ciao
XLegione
angusosborne
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by angusosborne »

angusosborne - Free Canton 1106-1199 AD defeated anderarcos11 - Ligurian 480-145 BC by a score of 62 to 33

The battlefield had a forest on the Ligurian left and some rough in the centre, of no consequence to two armies almost entirely made up of Medium and Light Foot.

The Ligurian army sent forward a long line of Javelinmen with vast hordes of foot waiting behind and sent all two of their cavalry around the right flank. Free Canton spearmen charged, catching and breaking several Javelinmen units, but some ended up isolated and outnumbered, a block of three adjacent Ligurian Foot generals proving a tough block. Meanwhile half (one unit) of the cavalry was driven off the battlefield and the other half contained.

With the score at 30-30 it now became obvious that Ligurian Foot is shit in the open against Free Canton Medium Offensive Spearmen and their line crumbled. They did turn the Free Canton left flank, by attacking out of the forest, but by then their entire centre was running for the hills
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
Winner TDC III Dark Ages Division B
Zawzgrzyt
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zawzgrzyt »

Div 2

Zawzgrzyt Jewish 167-164 BC defeats anderarcos11 Palmyran 258-273 AD 55-27

The battlefield definitely favored the Jews, but the presence of massed archers on the opponent's side prompted the Jews to actively attack and to take up a dangerous game with legionnaires and cataphracts. It brought big losses but resulted in victory in the end.

Good game, thanks.
XLegione

Post by XLegione »

Division 2

XLegione English (Britain) 1450-1454 AD defeated anderarcos11 Kingdom of Sicily 1200-1266 AD, 65% - 34% (4-0)

Thanks for the game

Ciao

XLegione
Yinsd00
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Yinsd00 »

Div 2

Yinsd00 Elamite 815-539 BC defeats anderarcos11 Graeco-Bactrian 250-130 BC 42-11

Thanks for the game.
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

Div 1

tyronec Arab (North Africa/Sicily) 1038-1160 AD defeats Rosedelio Illyrian 350 BC - 25 AD 51-26. 4-0

The Illyrians with their swarm of Theuros formed up at the back of the map using a forest and hill for cover.
Initially I didn't think there would be a battle as the Arabs have a mix of defensive spears, Abid al shira and raw spears plus Bedouin lancers and only the 4 defensive spears can fight the Theuros on equal terms. However the battle started with a light cavalry skirmish, then the melee foot joined in and gradually battle broke out across the line as both sides raced units to join the flank in combat.
The Arabs just managed to maintain a lead by getting in more flank charges while some of the Bedouin cavalry were getting caught in melee and trashed unable to fall back because of friendly units blocking their path when other melees went wrong. In the end the Arabs just made it to the win, if the battle had gone on it could well have swung the other way as several Arab units in long term melees were approaching auto-break with their lower combat factors.
Thanks for the game.
XLegione

Post by XLegione »

Division 2

XLegione Irish defeated angususborne bohemian, 63% - 43%, 4-0

Thanks for the game!

He was nice to meet Angus, he played miniatures wargame in particular DBM and he also knows Lorenzo and Paolo, my friends members of the Condottieri club in Milano, Italy.
Years ago he played in the English team the International Team Challenge at the Château de Grandson in Switzerland.
ITC is still played, last edition has been held at the beginning of March 2022, Condottieri team won for the fourth time the competition ;-)

http://itcmilano.blogspot.com/

Ciao
XLegione (player of Condottieri Team)
Rosedelio
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Rosedelio »

Mirror Div

Rosedelio (Florentine) defeats anderarcos11 (Moravian) 49-2

Rosedelio (Moravian) defeats anderarcos11 (Florentine) 47-18

In both battles, the Moravian infantry held back behind the forests while the cavalry tried to flank around the approaching Florentines.
Touhou mod for FOGII: Medieval: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111582
My FOGII and FOGII Medieval focused channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Rosedelio
Crossington

Post by Crossington »

Div2
20 angusosborne Crossington Carthaginian 410-341 BC Georgian 1118-1144 AD

Victory for myself, 12%-49%
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Div1

SnuggleBunnies (Lombards) defeats Karvon (Rus) 40-12

GG!
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Crossington

Post by Crossington »

Div2
36 Crossington Zawzgrzyt Milanese 1400-1439 AD Irish 1320-1500 AD

Defeat for myself, 64% - 43%
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

Div 1
tyronec Achaemenid Persian 545-481 BC defeats random27 Viking (Ireland) 780-899 AD 53-26. 4-0

A bit like a classical Greek battle with the Viking offensive spears vs Spahabari.
Had a bit of rough terrain in the center of the map which slowed up the Viking charge long enough to get some extra firing in and in the end the missile power won the day, though it was close.
Thanks for the game.
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

Div 1
tyronec Carthaginian 235-146BC defeats Karvon Dailami 928-1055 AD 42-2. 4-0

The Dailami turned up with a lot of cavalry on what was a fairly open map. They played a manoeuver game and their main force actually circumnavigated the Carthaginian army but the Carthaginians were able to pick off the occasional unit and then trap and destroy their infantry in a corner.
Could an army of massed Dailami foot have done better, who knows ?
Thanks for the game.
anderarcos11

Post by anderarcos11 »

I thinl that this is 3-1?

XLegione wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:40 pm Division 2

Thanks for the game!

He was nice to meet Angus, he played miniatures wargame in particular DBM and he also knows Lorenzo and Paolo, my friends members of the Condottieri club in Milano, Italy.
Years ago he played in the English team the International Team Challenge at the Château de Grandson in Switzerland.
ITC is still played, last edition has been held at the beginning of March 2022, Condottieri team won for the fourth time the competition ;-)

Ciao
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

anderarcos11 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:40 pm I thinl that this is 3-1?

XLegione wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:40 pm Division 2

Thanks for the game!

Ciao
Very kind of you to try to get me a point, but the rules say the loser has to get more than 49%
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
Winner TDC III Dark Ages Division B
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Correct a 3-1 result requires the loser to have killed at least 50% of the enemy.

Karvon
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”