2 Suggestions (+ a Bug Report): Changes in Spitter Bugs and Turrets

Starship Troopers - Terran Command is a thrilling real-time strategy game set in the Starship Troopers movies universe. Take command of the Mobile Infantry and do your part in the war against the Arachnid threat. Ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates the galaxy now and always!
sacia4
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

2 Suggestions (+ a Bug Report): Changes in Spitter Bugs and Turrets

Post by sacia4 »

When multiple Spitter Bugs attack the same target (let's say a turret), they tend to make a circular barrier that holds other bugs that are coming. That's a very common issue in the mission Gatekeeper. My suggestion is to remove the collision of Spitter Bugs with other units.

It's common to have HMGs aiming at the first bug that enter their range, instead of attacking bugs that are attacking them, like Spitters and Hoppers. While Rocket Launcher and Weavebreaker Mortar never aims at Scorpions or Tanker bugs by their on, it's necessary to the player to select a target to them. My suggestion is to add a preferential target to each kind of turret, like:
HMG: Spitter > Hopper > etc.
Grenade Launcher: Warriors and Tigers > etc.
Rocket Launcher/Weavebreaker Mortar: Scorpion > Tanker > Tiger (or other armored targets) > etc.

Bug Report: I noticed in the mission Gatekeeper, that the Marauder Flamethrower, when attacking waves, doesn't use its flamethrower, unless the player select a unit for it to attack.

Return to “Starship Troopers - Terran Command”