Suicidal Persia it can be done

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Surt
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Suicidal Persia it can be done

Post by Surt »

Well Persia has so many boni that it should be the easiest country to do that.

Running a permanent deficit for the first part of the game only surviving by gifts, loot and selling metal and manpower.
Surviving one very short civil war with 8? factions/indepence movement, most didn't get much done through liberal fortification efforts earlier one.
A very good long live rules in the late game made the economy not a worry, could have hired much more troops.

Focusing on upgradable buildings, at start farm, road, palisade and zero slot buildings made the production shoot up, the decadence reducing buildings are kewl too and makes it possible to build some of the +40 loyalty buildings.
Building all the roads and upgrades make movement of troops easier, get better trade.
Don't (generally) build more than 3 of level 1 buildings unless you have a plan, some places you need to build all the level one agri buildings to get to level 3 due to bad terrain, but those provinces never get really good.

Stealing Egypt's stuff helped a lot, was about to do 2nd part when I won.
Contrary to many youtube videos from the launch I did an aggressive pop growth, even buying slaves in the latter part of the game and not ever selling.
Revolts are held down by buildings, freeman, slave unrest reduction, disperse slaves, distribute slaves.
Decision are there to be used so you can get new ones, same with regional decisions, some just suck but some you can live with taking.
I didn't absorb my vassals and traded only regions with them to flesh out my or their provinces.
Did all the history things in time (I think), did a lot of exploration missions (to get them to free up a decision slot.
Kept the virtuous administration going all game.
Made much more peace and earlier to not get so much war weariness, than my usually very long wars and thus falling income. In some cases going from -1K gold to +4K gold after peace.

Attached save game turn 147, I suspect I could have finished some 20+ turns earlier if I hadn't been distracted by burning down the Acropolis and taking Laconia and a few other unneeded wars.

Short AAR, blitzed Ecbatan and the 2nd capital of Media, then continued up along the boarder with Babylon until Media surrendered (at this difficulty no defections are noted) then wiped out Elam(mission?), got mission to kill Babylon, Egypt got some of the territory but lost in to rivals soon after, got the mission to dow Athens/Sparta which I did, but made peace soon after as we couldn't reach each other effectively.
Got mission to kill Lydia, took most of the Asian possessions, but made peace when the mission was done.
Got mission to occupy Athens or Sparta, dowed both and wiped them out, was a bit messy as suddenly Athens decided they wanted to be a vassal of Lydia, which I then also dowed and wiped out.
Attacked Egypt to get the northern provinces and around 4K legacy, warscore 450+. I seem to remember there was an Egypt mission also, but I might have not gotten that.
As usual I got sucked into Dacia and Samartia again ... despite me say it wasn't needed :/
Did the Judea mission and let them be free for some time.
Got mission to build the royal road, which was already done due to aggressive road building.
Attacked Egypt again, didn't finish before game finished.
I might have forgotten some mission!
Surt

Re: Suicidal Persia it can be done

Post by Surt »

Didn't I add the save file? or can I just not see it.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

No save game visible indeed.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Surt

Post by Surt »

So does it attach this time?
noatttach.JPG
noatttach.JPG (29.14 KiB) Viewed 274 times
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Well I still see nothing, trying posting a wetransfer link instead. Sorry about the issue.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”