Unit stats?

Master of Magic is a classic, one of the most popular strategy games of the 90s. It is a 4X fantasy strategy game that allows you to play as an extremely powerful wizard, leading your troops and overcoming your magical opponents.
rgp151
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Unit stats?

Post by rgp151 »

Edit: Whoops, I meant to post this in the new MoM forum. You can delete it here.

I've applied for the Beta, but not sure if I'll get in. But I was wondering if you have the unit stats posted anywhere or if you have plans to potentially tweak unit stats.

There are a few things in classic MoM that I think just some minor tweaks to the unit stats would significantly improve. For example simply giving Chaos Spawns more movement points would make them relevant, and giving Efreet Chaos Immunity and Missile Immunity (surely arrows would burn up before striking them) in addition to their Fire Immunity would make them quite interesting. Then Efreet would be immune to most ranged attacks (but not those from Shaman, Ice Bolt or Sorcery type attacks), making melee the most reliable approach to deal with them, while Chaos Spawn would be almost impossible to engage with melee, instead requiring significant ranged attacks to take them out before they can hunt you down. Mixed stacks of Efreet and Chaos Spawns of this nature would be quite terrifying.

I'm not sure how these units work in the new MoM or if they even exist in the new MoM. In classic MoM these units are a bit of a joke, but just these few tweaks would make them quite formidable, while preserving the original flavor. There are other examples like this as well. It would be interesting to see the stats on all of the units in the new game.

Return to “Master of Magic Classic”