Stockwellpete's War of the Roses Campaign

Moderators: rbodleyscott, kronenblatt

Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Stockwellpete's War of the Roses Campaign

Post by Karvon »

OK, here are the current stat's and chit counts.
Attachments
wotr3.jpg
wotr3.jpg (301.72 KiB) Viewed 763 times
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Doyley50 »

The battle of York is set up,pwd 1234.
C in C will be Jasper Tudor
angusosborne
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by angusosborne »

Screenshot 2023-02-06 072526.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-06 072526.jpg (244.58 KiB) Viewed 687 times
York has the early lead, and hoping for a breakthrough on the left, because Lancaster is stronger on the right
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
Winner TDC III Dark Ages Division B
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

Barring rallies York has scraped a win the first rebellion battle. Both right flanks utterly collapsed, but York just wins the centre.
Screenshot 2023-02-14 104429.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-14 104429.jpg (189.3 KiB) Viewed 660 times
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

Yorkist victory confirmed
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Any noble fatalities on either side?

Karvon
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

OK, here's the next episode...

EPISODE SIXTEEN 1465: SANDWICH

Yorkist rebellion battle (August 1465)

Note: This is a small-sized "skirmish" battle with "pot luck" terrain, not a scenario battle.

Lancastrian Karvon

Yorkist stockwellpete

Outcomes

1) Draw/Lancastrian victory –the Lancastrian king is secure on the throne and rules until his death in 1483. Go to episode 21.

2) Yorkist victory – Succession event. Lancastrian deposed and a Yorkist takes the throne. Go to episode 17.

Pete do you want to set this up or should I?

Karvon
Attachments
wotr4.jpg
wotr4.jpg (324.34 KiB) Viewed 637 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Challenge set up. Password is Karvon.

My commander will be Richard Plantagenet, Duke of York. So I am trying for an extra 2 points if I win by voluntarily using a royal candidate in the battle.
PeterThePainter
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by PeterThePainter »

stockwellpete wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:24 am Challenge set up. Password is Karvon.

My commander will be Richard Plantagenet, Duke of York. So I am trying for an extra 2 points if I win by voluntarily using a royal candidate in the battle.
As you seem so confident perhaps we Lancastrians better see if we can bag some extra points. How about giving us 10 for winning Towton, per the rules (my copy at least), rather than 5. My copy of the rules may not be up to date of course!
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Ah, that's not Pete's fault, I missed the VP difference for Towton; I'll correct that in the next release of the stat's.

Karvon
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Jasper Tudor will lead our forces against the rebels.

Karvon
PeterThePainter

Karvon wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:42 pm Ah, that's not Pete's fault, I missed the VP difference for Towton; I'll correct that in the next release of the stat's.

Karvon
No problem. I was hoping one of the other Lancastrians would notice otherwise you might think I was getting overly competitive about this campaign. Heaven forbid!
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

Karvon wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:10 am Any noble fatalities on either side?

Karvon
No. I believe the rules didn't require us to select a commander anyway
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Turn 4 and the Yorkists are advancing. We have a small lead, but other Lancastrian units are starting to look a bit fragile . .

Screen_00000004.jpg
Screen_00000004.jpg (727.03 KiB) Viewed 568 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Yorkists now 29-4 ahead and looking good. We will not get a "pursuit" though as a LH routed immediately after a "flank" charge . . .

Screen_00000007.jpg
Screen_00000007.jpg (644.5 KiB) Viewed 554 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Yorkists now leading 35-14 and nearly every unit on the battlefield is engaged. Still a bit to do with 2 Lancastrian units and 1 Yorkist unit looking shaky.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

The Yorkists have won the rebellion battle at Sandwich by 42-14. No pursuit was possible and there were no leader casualties. So 7pts for the Yorkists. It is an important victory that repairs some of the damage done to the Yorkist cause at Towton. Winning the two rebellion battles means that a Yorkist, Richard Plantagenet, Duke of York, is now King of England. And it also means the campaign is back on its historical track as we move forward.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

PHASE TWO 1469-1471

EPISODE SEVENTEEN: 1469

The campaign now enters a turbulent period with much unrest at home caused mainly by resentment against high taxation. In addition, tensions start to rise inside the Yorkist camp as the Yorkist king becomes more and more assertive. He marries someone of his own choice thereby scuppering diplomatic efforts to build an alliance with France - instead England moves closer to Burgundy. Eventually a serious rebellion against the king breaks out in the Yorkist ranks and the King’s army is defeated at Edgeley Moor (July 1469) by the Yorkist rebels, led by the mysterious Robin of Redesdale. The King is temporarily imprisoned by the rebels but then is gradually able to re-assert his control as his supporters recover their position in the country.

A further rebellion breaks out in 1470 and the King easily defeats a poorly organised rebel army at Losecoat Field (February 1470). It is then discovered that members of the Neville family* and George, Duke of Clarence are behind the unrest (the Neville family rebellion event). They are declared traitors and forced into exile. They flee to France where the Neville’s defect to the Lancastrians and form an alliance with the French king and Margaret of Anjou. The unfortunate George, Duke of Clarence is unceremoniously sidelined by these developments despite having recently married into the Neville family – and he returns to England and makes his peace with the Yorkist faction. The rebellious Neville’s then land in England with their army in the autumn of 1470 and the Yorkist monarch is forced to flee into exile. A Lancastrian is then proclaimed king.

*The Neville family rebellion event - there will be a maximum two rebellious nobles from this family provided these characters are still alive in the game. So, in order of rebelliousness, allocate two from Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick (to 1487) (Killed at Northhampton), John Neville, Marquess of Montagu (to 1487) and William Neville, Lord Fauconberg (to 1471) to the Lancastrian commanders list (and remove them from the Yorkist list).

Succession event – dual monarchy (no outright control of the Crown). Go to episode 18.

EPISODE EIGHTEEN 1471: BARNET

The exiled Yorkist monarch is able to raise funds from his ally Charles, Duke of Burgundy and he lands in Yorkshire with a small force. George of Clarence joins him (if he has survived). They rapidly raise an army and meet the Lancastrians in battle at Barnet.

Barnet (April 1471)
Lancastrians – choose 3 commanders, Yorkists – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character Edward Plantagenet, Earl of March if he is available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.

Lancastrian: PeterThePainter
Yorkist: edb1815

IMPORTANT: The outcomes of the battles of Barnet and Tewkesbury must be considered together!

Outcomes
Go immediately to episode 19.
Attachments
wotr5.jpg
wotr5.jpg (337.15 KiB) Viewed 527 times
edb1815

Post by edb1815 »

Oh boy fog.

The Yorkist commanders will be Edward (CinC), his brother the Duke of Glouster and Lord Hastings.
PeterThePainter

The Bl**dy Nevilles!

No not you Gary and Phil, this time, anyway. (sorry English Football joke!)

Why do they all have the same name? I think you will find that the Richard Neville who died at Northampton was the Earl of Salisbury and not Richard Neville Earl of Warwick (see Stockwell Pete’s post of 24/11/2022).

Which is fortunate as Lord Fauconberg (another Neville!) died in the snow at Towton, so will not be available. I hope that means that the Lancastrians can add the Earl of Warwick, and Marquis of Montagu, William Neville, to their “list”(ie. the solitary Jasper Tudor), and I actually get three commanders, and more importantly, a full allocation of units at Barnet.

Assuming I have got it right the Lancastrian commanders at Barnet will be:-

C in C: Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick
Sub Generals -John Neville, Marquis of Montagu and Jasper Tudor.

We will keep the Royals at home for this one as we have been rather careless with our generals in this campaign so far.

Another 10 pointer so no pressure on edb1815 or myself eh!

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval - Tournaments & Leagues”