new mission in campaign AI deployment question

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Herr_Armin
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

new mission in campaign AI deployment question

Post by Herr_Armin »

hi
When you start a new mission you are given the units to place , how does the AI decide which units join this battle and what happens to the ones not deployed from the previous mission .
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: new mission in campaign AI deployment question

Post by Bee1976 »

Herr_Armin wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:45 am hi
When you start a new mission you are given the units to place , how does the AI decide which units join this battle and what happens to the ones not deployed from the previous mission .
Your own core units will join to the next battle, if you dont use them they are in the "reserve" section. The AI dont takeover unused units to the next mission. There is no core feature for the AI.
All campaign missions are scripted, means you will always meet the same units at the same places if you play a campaign again. There is no random feature.
Herr_Armin
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Herr_Armin »

what happens to the new units you purchased and added during a mission and were still alive at the end of the mission ? i see many dont appear again . The game only adds the core units to the next mission ? if so some new units have stars or getting close to it by the end of the mission , do they get deleted ? because i am sure that they are not appearing or going into the reserve section on their won to be used again . Does that mean i must place them in reserve before the mission ends to save them for future missions ?
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Herr_Armin wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:41 am what happens to the new units you purchased and added during a mission and were still alive at the end of the mission ? i see many dont appear again . The game only adds the core units to the next mission ? if so some new units have stars or getting close to it by the end of the mission , do they get deleted ? because i am sure that they are not appearing or going into the reserve section on their won to be used again . Does that mean i must place them in reserve before the mission ends to save them for future missions ?
Your Core unit, marked with a golden ^ above their strength plate, follows you and keeps everything they gained as long as they are alive, while Auxillary units leaves you once the current scenario ends, taking everything they accumulated away with them. There is no reserve for aux units, only your core can be kept in reserve.

I think this was explained in the tutorial?
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Bee1976 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:22 am ...
All campaign missions are scripted, means you will always meet the same units at the same places if you play a campaign again. There is no random feature.
Not quite true. AI reinforcements are often randomized.
The location where the 'swarm' of new troops arrive changes every time.
The units are the same, but their location changes.
This is most notable in Ebro [SCW] where the attack waves change each time it is played.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

To be honest, i never checked where the AI "drop" their reinforcements. But the starting stuff is always the same units on the same places. at least i never noticed a change.
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

Bee1976 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:41 pm To be honest, i never checked where the AI "drop" their reinforcements. But the starting stuff is always the same units on the same places. at least i never noticed a change.
That is correct.
Starting units are place by hand, reinforcements are scripted via LUA file.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Herr_Armin
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Herr_Armin »

in replaying the campaign this time i am not allowed to purchase Air units and i have reached paris still no air units available just 3 which came at the start . why is that ?
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Herr_Armin wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:44 pm in replaying the campaign this time i am not allowed to purchase Air units and i have reached paris still no air units available just 3 which came at the start . why is that ?
Check your commander trait you picked at the start of your campaign. Hover over your icon to the top-right corner.
Herr_Armin
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Herr_Armin »

thanks tip , i had no idea that section shaped the missions .

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”