18th Century mod - Frederick the Great's battles

Moderator: rbodleyscott

Cronos09
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: 18th Century mod - Frederick the Great's battles

Post by Cronos09 »

I see that the number of downloads of the mod is increasing almost every week. If someone has not played this mod yet, here is a link to an improved version: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/0JwPYNn5iAgK4Q - Second Silesian War v1. The installation procedure is the same. Unfortunately, I cannot remove one warning in the debugger, therefore, it is not ready for in-game download.
Changes from the previous version:
1) I mirrored the horseman death animation. Now there are 2 of them in the mod - left and right;
2) I made separate animations when Hussars use melee and firearms;
3) More aggressive AI by adding RoguedJack's scripts;
4) I made the Hohenfriedberg scenario a bit more difficult when playing as the Austro-Saxons.
panzer275
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by panzer275 »

I got this issue when I start 18th Century mod - Frederick the Great's battles. Is someone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks.
Attachments
Screenshot (771).png
Screenshot (771).png (12.81 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Cronos09

Post by Cronos09 »

panzer275 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:15 pm I got this issue when I start 18th Century mod - Frederick the Great's battles. Is someone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks.
You have installed my mod to Field of Glory 2, but it was made for Field of Glory Medieval. It won't work with FoG2.
panzer275

Post by panzer275 »

OOOF sorry, my bad.
vivacristorey

Post by vivacristorey »

Hello,

I have an issue, I tried copying the files into both documents and Program files Campaign folders, yet it doesnt show up in the campaign list when I start the game. Any additional steps needed for it to function?

Many thanks
Cronos09

Post by Cronos09 »

vivacristorey wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:47 pm Hello,

I have an issue, I tried copying the files into both documents and Program files Campaign folders, yet it doesnt show up in the campaign list when I start the game. Any additional steps needed for it to function?

Many thanks
1) Download the archive SOOR_v1.rar from my link;
2) Unzip it with WinRAR or WinZIP programme. You will get the SOOR_v1 folder;
3) Copy/Cut the whole folder and paste it to your ...\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGloryMedieval\CAMPAIGNS\ one.
That's all. If you do this correctly you will see the Second Silesian War v1 module in Battles/Epic Battles game menu.
Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by Athos1660 »

1) ^ Their mistake when installing the mod may come from the message in OP :
Cronos09 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:18 am (...)
Download Link ---> https://disk.yandex.by/d/Rz_a2-NwnptQTQ The archive should be unzipped at ...\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\CAMPAIGNS\....
(...)
2) Wondering about the opportuneness and the feasibility of modding melees, so that any melee lasts only one turn and may result in a variety of outcomes from the Attacker eliminated to the Defender eliminated, from the Attacker losing one or two Cohesion level and is forced to retreat 1 or 2 hex(es) to the Defender forced to do so, etc.

... on the model of game systems, such as GMT's Musket & Pike series :
- p. 4 (close combat table # 11) : https://www.gmtgames.com/tacw/master_charts.pdf
- p. 21-24 (Close combat, chap. 11) : https://gmtwebsiteassets.s3.us-west-2.a ... _Rules.pdf

Not always a fan of long-lasting melees during which the player can but wait for the outcome, especially when cav is involved.

An idea that may concern other periods of the history.

Have you all a wonderful holiday season.

PS : Charge initiated by the attacker (under certain conditions) is only a DRM of the melee (called 'close combat' by GMT). Interesting. The system allows several types of attacks :
- charge 'only with the sword/bayonet',
- charges prepared with a pistol shot,
- stop on an adjacent hex and firing only,
- stop on an adjacent hex, firing and melee without the benefit of a charge,
(while the inactive player can also react).
Last edited by Athos1660 on Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

btw GMT Musket & Pike series suggests a nice rule for Cavalry Ammunition Supply (p. 19, 10.7) :
Cavalry went into battle with their pistols (and sometimes carbines) already loaded. Cavalry units have two “shots” before their pre-loaded weapons are expended.

When a Cavalry unit fires, mark it with a “1st Pistol Used” marker. If it is already marked with a “1st Pistol Used” marker, then mark it with a “No Pistols”
marker.

NO PISTOLS: Cavalry marked “No Pistols” may not perform a Fire Action or Reaction Fire.

RELOAD: Cavalry may reload by performing a Reform Action in lieu of changing its Formation State. For each such Reform Action, reduce a unit’s Pistols marker one level, from “No Pistols” to “1st Pistol Used,” or remove the “1st Pistol Used” marker. Thus, it takes two Reform Actions to fully reload if both pistols have been used.
The unit could waste one turn reloading their two shots.
Last edited by Athos1660 on Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

Also some elements of reaction other than reaction fire (still performed by the inactive player) provided by the GMT rules could be food for thought, such as withdraw or interception (p. 14-16), if and only if the inactive player were able to choose whether or not to trigger the reaction : https://gmtwebsiteassets.s3.us-west-2.a ... _Rules.pdf

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval - Modding”