AI thinking forever - PS4

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

varialmctwist
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

AI thinking forever - PS4

Post by varialmctwist »

I just recently bought the game (Version 9.0.6) for PS4 (Update 10.01) and I gotta say I love it.

However, the loading time for the AI´s turns renders the game almost unplayable, since on average it takes the AI +5 min to make its turn. (I do unterstand: the more units have to be moved, the more time is needed to execute the movement.)

The problem is that the AI sometimes thinks for as much as +15 min, although it has only about 6 units left and they don´t even make a move (this was the case with the Invasion of Norway and the remaining German fleet (AI), after the main fleet retreated).

Leaving the game und loading it again doesn´t resolve this issue. In fact, loading the mission itself then takes as long as the AI´s thinking ingame.

Is this supposed to happen, is this a "bug", a technical issue, or...?
varialmctwist

Re: AI thinking forever - PS4

Post by varialmctwist »

Well, after having installed the update (Version 9.2.3), an already bad situation seems to have worsened.

I took the liberty to stop the time for the AI´s tuns [AI thinking (~85-90 %) and AI executing actions (~10-15%)]:

Campaign: Endsieg
Scenario: 2 - Belogorod-Kharkov

1st turn: 03:56 min
2nd turn: 17:30 min
3rd turn: 22:09 min
4th turn: 26:36 min

Total play time: 89 min of which were 70 min waiting for the AI

I quit at the beginning of the 5th turn. I honestly regret having bought the game and (stupidly enough) an additional campaign.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”