One Shogun to rule them all

Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: One Shogun to rule them all

Post by Doyley50 »

Takeda (Doyley50) attacks Hojo (ahuyton)in Mori province. Pwd 1234.
lascar
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by lascar »

Akai (Lascar) vs (Takeda) Doyley50 to liberate Amigo pw =banzai
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Imagawa(AlexDetrojan)35 defeats Hojo(ahuyton)61. It is with great pleasure that I inform my beneficent Lord Oda that Azai province has fallen to our forces. It was a titanic struggle, which the score does not represent well. Alan is a skillful general and will be a worthy addition to our upcoming Shogunate. This was a hard fought battle. Both armies faced each other over an unbroken plain in the center, which large dense forests on either flank. And ultimately it was to be the flanks that eventually proved to be decisive. On my right flank, Alan sent a whole slew of Teppo units through the forest there, with the intention I suppose to shoot my right flank to pieces. Just catching his units disappearing into the forest, I thought, crap, what am I going to do? I was able to cobble up a force and hide them there in ambush. As it stands his units, unawares, crashed into my ambush. Fierce fighting resulted in the forest environs with my brave warriors shot to pieces. Meanwhile(and much to my consternation) the Hojo forces surged forward in the center, led by his fanatical units of heavy samurai backed up by his ferocious cavalry. My units in the center withered like daisies in the hot august sun. I had no solution to his indomitable heavy samurai. 😬 Fleeing, broken warriors of mine screaming as they passed the Honjin 'run for your life!' But as the gods of war had ordained this battle was not yet to be lost. An ally Sohei general on my left flank had suggested that he take three sturdy units and advance into the dense forest on my left flank and wait until his units had passed by in the center, then in a mad rush fall upon their rear on the left flank. Let me tell you it was the hardest thing to let those warriors stay there and not attack until just the right moment, especially when I was watching my center evaporate! Trap laid, it was sprung at the right moment and I'm sure caused a bit of consternation in the Hojo camp. But as fate would have it, the decisive blow occured on the right flank in the forest. Alan's Teppo we're eventually pushed out of the forest and one of my units seeing an opportunity fell upon the flank of the engaged enemy in the center. A three unit chain reaction occured first fragmenting then destroying a goodly portion of his center. While the rest of my army was struggling still in the center, my forces that caused that horrible chain reaction wheeled around and descended on the rear of the now concerned general. Two or three turns later, it was over. One of the best battles I've fought in a long time and I tell you Alan I was stressed this whole battle. Hopefully I don't have to face you too soon on the battlefield! 🙂 So lord Oda, Azai is yours. 😊
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

AlexDetrojan wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:27 pm Imagawa(AlexDetrojan)35 defeats Hojo(ahuyton)61. It is with great pleasure that I inform my beneficent Lord Oda that Azai province has fallen to our forces. 🙂 So lord Oda, Azai is yours. 😊
Your gift is most welcome Imagawa Ujizane, your rewards will be many under the Oda Shogunate .

Enjoy your celebrations until your new orders arrive.

Oda Nobunaga
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:12 pm
AlexDetrojan wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:27 pm Imagawa(AlexDetrojan)35 defeats Hojo(ahuyton)61. It is with great pleasure that I inform my beneficent Lord Oda that Azai province has fallen to our forces. 🙂 So lord Oda, Azai is yours. 😊
Congratulations Imagawa Ujizane.gif
Congratulations Imagawa Ujizane.gif (433.16 KiB) Viewed 611 times
Oda Shogunate Expands Yet Again.png
Oda Shogunate Expands Yet Again.png (22.42 KiB) Viewed 595 times
Map update #26
Imagawa takes Azai Province from Hojo Takeda challenges for Mori Akai challenges for Amigo Ikko Ikki challenges for Kono.png
Imagawa takes Azai Province from Hojo Takeda challenges for Mori Akai challenges for Amigo Ikko Ikki challenges for Kono.png (239.5 KiB) Viewed 609 times
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Imagawa(AlexDetrojan) challenges Akai(lascar) for controll of Suzuki province. Password: Alex
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

AlexDetrojan wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:45 pm Imagawa(AlexDetrojan) challenges Akai(lascar) for controll of Suzuki province. Password: Alex
Map Update #27
Imagawa challenges for Suzuki.png
Imagawa challenges for Suzuki.png (240.11 KiB) Viewed 569 times
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

AlexDetrojan wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:27 pm Imagawa(AlexDetrojan)35 defeats Hojo(ahuyton)61. It is with great pleasure that I inform my beneficent Lord Oda that Azai province has fallen to our forces. It was a titanic struggle,
Thinking about this very enjoyable game, I was definitely a Japanese Varro to Alex's Japanese Hannibal. The game was essentially a replay of Cannae, and unfortunately I realised this too late. My heavy infantry and cavalry pushed back Alex's inferior centre but then got hammered on the flanks and destroyed as they advanced.

Well played, Alex.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Victory in Kono
Rennyo the 8th Monshu of the Jōdo Shinshū Hongan-ji and the Ikko-Ikki is pleased to report that Kono is now part of the Shogunate. Unfortunately, Akai Naomasa escaped, though his camp was under concerted attack from our forces. the battle was a series of ongoing flank attacks, but the Akai ran out of units to maintain momentum and eventually fled the field in disarray. Akai Naomasa's battle line was fractured from the start by terrain including fields, forest and stream. His cavalry became bogged down against peasants. one in a field and one chasing peasants all the way back to the Ikko-Ikki home province. From my perspective ...good game Dave, from yours ...no so much, but brave effort.
Ikko Ikki takes Kono from the Akai.png
Ikko Ikki takes Kono from the Akai.png (239.51 KiB) Viewed 532 times
The Oda Shogunate is Two Provinces from Domination of all Nippon
Shogunate and rankings to date.png
Shogunate and rankings to date.png (22.47 KiB) Viewed 532 times
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

BREAKING NEWS ...Shogunate declares war on peaceful Tokugawa Ieyasu after confusion over land ownership
GDod aka Rennyo the 8th Monshu of the Jōdo Shinshū Hongan-ji and the Ikko-Ikki on the direction of his Shogun challenges Tokugawa Ieyasu for the province of Mogami

pw= lucky13
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Hojo Home Province Fortress falls to Oda.

Oda's Assault Force of 10,170 ( 0% ) defeats Hojo's 5750 army ( 41% )

Hojo Ujiyasu's Fortress captured with little loss to Oda's brave and skilful Samurai.

Oda Nobunaga celebrates, with the gleam of a Shogun in his eyes...... , and welcomes Hojo Ujiyasu to the Shogunate !
Hojo Fortress.png
Hojo Fortress.png (776.33 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Victory.png
Victory.png (121.04 KiB) Viewed 473 times
PeterThePainter
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by PeterThePainter »

GDod wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:02 am BREAKING NEWS ...Shogunate declares war on peaceful Tokugawa Ieyasu after confusion over land ownership
GDod aka Rennyo the 8th Monshu of the Jōdo Shinshū Hongan-ji and the Ikko-Ikki on the direction of his Shogun challenges Tokugawa Ieyasu for the province of Mogami

pw= lucky13
I object to the term "peaceful" it makes me sound like a student of bonsai or origami. In fact I have been challenging Takeda Shingen for supremacy in 14th Century Ireland and showing Snuggles being 16 points ahead is a long way from 25 points ahead.

However, as you have correctly identified that my birthday is lucky, for me at least, I look forward to meeting your mob of unruly peasants.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:24 pm Hojo Home Province Fortress falls to Oda...
Oda Nobunaga celebrates, with the gleam of a Shogun in his eyes...... , and welcomes Hojo Ujiyasu to the Shogunate !
Congratulations Oda Nobunaga.gif
Congratulations Oda Nobunaga.gif (433.16 KiB) Viewed 458 times
Oda takes Hojo Home Province Ikko Ikki challenge for Mogami.png
Oda takes Hojo Home Province Ikko Ikki challenge for Mogami.png (239.43 KiB) Viewed 458 times
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No more challenges are allowed. Current battles should be still fought and may make differences to your controlled provinces and the dominance of the Oda Shogunate. However, as it stands the Oda have reached the victory condition of controlling 14 provinces. So, no new challenges are allowed.
Oda Shogunate expands to 14 provinces.png
Oda Shogunate expands to 14 provinces.png (22.48 KiB) Viewed 458 times
Challenges to complete are:-

Amigo (Hojo) - Takeda (Oda retainer) vs Akai
Mori (Hojo) Hojo vs Takeda (both Oda retainers)
Suzuki (Akai) - Imagawa (Oda retainer) vs Akai
Mogami (Tokugawa) vs Ikko Ikki (Oda retainer)
Asakura Home Province (Asakura) Asakura vs Tokugawa
Cancelled:- Hatakeyama (Imagawa) Imagawa (now Oda retainer) vs Oda
Cancelled:- Otomi (Oda) Asakura (Oda retainer) vs Oda (wrong message sent by Oda)

In the event the Akai take Amigo and successfully defends Suzuki, and the Ikko-Ikki fail to take Mogami the campaign continues

In anticipation of an Oda victory, a huge thank-you to all who have participated and I hope you've enjoyed the "challenging" experience.
An explanatory note:- I purposefully dumped the idea of "turns" for two reasons
  • To overcome the need to wait for everyone's turn to finish before starting the next game.
  • This allowed those who chose to be less active an opportunity to still take part, and those who wanted to be more active the opportunity for more games.

Please feel free to make comments and suggestions. I know the map province names were a little confusing due to the small size of some provinces....a small lined arrow to the small provinces may have helped in hindsight. Similarly, it was difficult to keep the maps and tables up-to-date all the time...apologies as the Christmas period was a challenging time to maintain attention regularly

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Gavin, thanks and congratulations for this very effective and innovative campaign. It was ideal for the period. I liked how you updated the maps and overall situation regularly, though I can imagine this was a complicated task for you, but this made it easy to follow what was going on.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

ahuyton wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:53 am Gavin, thanks and congratulations for this very effective and innovative campaign.
Yes Gavin a brilliant concept that worked well with much banter for entertainment and news of the many goings on within Japan.
The ' No Turns ' worked well.
I was fortunate that my Retainers remained loyal to the end.
Thank you Alan (Doyley50), Alan (ahuyton), Alex (AlexDetrojan) & Gavin (GDod)
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:08 am
And congratulations to Brian on his excellent play and victory. Too good for me this time around (as was GAvin with his numerous and ferocious monks).
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

ahuyton wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:41 pm
KiwiWarlord wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:08 am
And congratulations to Brian on his excellent play and victory. Too good for me this time around (as was GAvin with his numerous and ferocious monks).
Yes, his dogged pursuit of Buddhist learning mean't the Ikko-Ikki couldn't even get off the ground as an independent Clan. Curses! but well done for making the most of the early Home Province attacks.
Doyley50

Post by Doyley50 »

I echo thanks to Gavin for his unusual and enjoyable campaign and the effort he put into organising it, and also congratulations to Lord Oda on his resounding victory.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

I'd take a bow but I don't trust Lord Oda to not take advantage of the bared neck and the extra income from the Buddhist monasteries
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

GDod wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:24 am I'd take a bow but I don't trust Lord Oda to not take advantage of the bared neck and the extra income from the Buddhist monasteries
Keep an eye out for a campaign using an expanded version of the current campaign for the "Tibetan uprisings and the Western Mongol Invasion...
In the early 17th century, the Oirat Mongols conquered the region and established the Khoshut Khanate.

You will take on the persona of either a Tibetan Lord, Tibetan rebel, or a Mongolian Khan and must support one of these four major schools of Tibetan Buddhism. Each having a different advantage.
  • Gelug School
  • Ganden school
  • Jonang school
  • Kagyu school

I'll pm the details if anyone is keen...

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”