One Shogun to rule them all

GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: One Shogun to rule them all

Post by GDod »

We'll be with you all shortly. Renno and his priests seem to be in a frenzy and they've already killed several messengers, fearing they were Tokugawa pandemic infected spies spreading disinformation...
PeterThePainter
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by PeterThePainter »

Mogami Province has been successfully defended. Tokugawa (30% routed) defeated the Ikko Ikki (56% routed).

The Ikko Ikki horde of 16,000 fanatical monks and peasant rabble were repulsed by 11,000 valiant Tokugawa warriors. Always a difficult opponent the Ikko Ikki were ably led by Gavin. Last time I took on Gavin’s Ikko Ikki I tried to use cavalry but that didn’t work so this time the horses were left in he pasture and I relied upon Sohei and Ashigaru for the woods and Yari armed troops for the open. The final result was success but it didn’t always feel like that was going to be the outcome. There are always so many Ikko Ikki and they have an annoying habit of breaking off losing melees just when you think you have them.

Thanks to Gavin for a good game, tell Brian I have forgiven his poor map reading!
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Renno and the Ikko Ikki have retired to their villages and temples acknowledging the dominance of the Tokugawa. They leave the world of politics to the Tokugawa clan, confident that knowing the nature of man, conflict will again eventually erupt "where the sun rises."
Tōzen no hōshū pītā.gif
Tōzen no hōshū pītā.gif (433.16 KiB) Viewed 171 times
Here ends the history... Senshu no minasama arigatōgozaimashita

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”