Panzer Corps 2: Pacific - Game Update

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

saraviga
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2: Pacific - Game Update

Post by saraviga »

Hello everyone,

We know you are waiting for some news about the Pacific DLC, and we are glad to hear and see all your support for it. Development is ongoing, but at a slower pace; however, we want to reassure you that it is still our plan to release it as soon as realistically possible.

Thank you for being so patient and for the continued support for Panzer Corps 2; we’ll keep you posted.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Pacific - Game Update

Post by Retributarr »

Thank-You for the considerate "Update-News" on this project!, its good to know that this effort is still in progress!.

Don't rush the 'Game'... do the best that can realistically be done to make it a 'First-Class-Product'.

Now!... for a bit of "off-humour!"... related to our having "Patience"... as to waiting for this 'Game' to be updated 'Information-News Wise'... and explained to "Us"... forum members.

"Do you know why that i {We} have lots of patience???... thats because 'i [We] never use any-of-it!'.
Thunderhog
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Thunderhog »

saraviga wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:08 pm Hello everyone,

We know you are waiting for some news about the Pacific DLC, and we are glad to hear and see all your support for it. Development is ongoing, but at a slower pace; however, we want to reassure you that it is still our plan to release it as soon as realistically possible.

Thank you for being so patient and for the continued support for Panzer Corps 2; we’ll keep you posted.
I hope all the devs for the Pacific DLC are doing well. Can't wait to play this DLC. Is one of the reasons for the long wait changing the way naval warfare works in PZC 2?
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

Yeah, please dont rush it, take your time. Two years for a DLC still seems relatively rushed to me so I suggest you aim for a solid 2025 release.
Im also very thankful that you keep your fanbase perfectly informed on this project. This very long, detailed and informative update after only 16 months of silence is definitely more than anyone could ever have asked for.

So keep up the great work and we are looking forward to your next update (which should be up around March 2024 if you keep your pace).
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

rivvendarke wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:17 am Yeah, please dont rush it, take your time. Two years for a DLC still seems relatively rushed to me so I suggest you aim for a solid 2025 release.
Im also very thankful that you keep your fanbase perfectly informed on this project. This very long, detailed and informative update after only 16 months of silence is definitely more than anyone could ever have asked for.

So keep up the great work and we are looking forward to your next update (which should be up around March 2024 if you keep your pace).
Well said.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

rivvendarke wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:17 am Two years for a DLC still seems relatively rushed to me
AFAIK this wont be a DLC. It will be a standalone game, from another team. Again afaik.

But im pretty sure that toxicity wont help for a faster release or more information ;)
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

Bee1976 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:33 am
rivvendarke wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:17 am Two years for a DLC still seems relatively rushed to me
AFAIK this wont be a DLC. It will be a standalone game, from another team. Again afaik.

But im pretty sure that toxicity wont help for a faster release or more information ;)
Who is toxic? That was just a bit of sarcasm and they really deserve that after zero communication for almost 1,5 years now.
Pacific is NOT a standalone game, its supposed to be a 2-part DLC with the first covering 1941-43 and the second covering the rest. So they have the engine and as you can see in the screenshots they already had many if not all of the 3d models 16 months ago.
So all they need to do is the maps/campaign framework. Modders or the Axis Operation DLC-team can do this easily in 2-3 months. So something very odd is going on here and imho their paying longtime custumers should be entitled to a little bit of info.
euramer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by euramer »

I think that I have read somewhere that the dev team was impacted by the war in Ukraine...
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

euramer wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:18 am I think that I have read somewhere that the dev team was impacted by the war in Ukraine...
They are in Great Britain I think. It's the one developing Strategic Minds series in Kiev, Ukraine.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Bee1976 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:33 am
I think it's the team developed the main campaign that's doing it. Pat or someone else mentioned that once. So yes it is another team from the AO one, but should not be a standalone.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

rivvendarke wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:33 am Who is toxic? That was just a bit of sarcasm and they really deserve that after zero communication for almost 1,5 years now.
Pacific is NOT a standalone game, its supposed to be a 2-part DLC with the first covering 1941-43 and the second covering the rest. So they have the engine and as you can see in the screenshots they already had many if not all of the 3d models 16 months ago.
So all they need to do is the maps/campaign framework. Modders or the Axis Operation DLC-team can do this easily in 2-3 months. So something very odd is going on here and imho their paying longtime custumers should be entitled to a little bit of info.
Ok let us call that sarcasm, but that wont change my point, im pretty sure that wont help releasing the game faster or increase the amount of communication ;)

If i remember correct there was a beta signup for Pacific aswell. So it seems something went really wrong. Something big. Some communication/information here would be helpful and appreciated.
But the plans were:
more depth to the naval combat system and/or a complete rework so maybe a little more than "just modding stuff"
im pretty sure i read somethign about "no heros" but i can be wrong

Its very unlikely that they just "take their time" without any hurry. No matter how many people are involved in that project, they all arn money every month. And without a pacific release there is no income. So i bet that the team, the devs and Slitherine as a publisher are highly interested in releasing this game asap. If i should guess the combat rules for naval warfare and the basegame/AO series dont work together. but that just a guess.

Oh and you guys are right, referring to steam, pacific is announced as a DLC, which need the PC2 maingame to play.
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

Given that suppression was accidentally replaced by temporary naval damage in the UI of the most recent update, I reckon development of the real thing must be actively under way. I’m looking forward to it. And I laughed at the satirical reply—I doubt that a bit of friendly ribbing will cause any additional setbacks.
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

I tried to get some Info from Edmon over at steam but so far that didnt work. Here is my theory based on the little information we have.

This was posted at steam forums 16 months ago by rudankort:

rudankort [Entwickler] 9. Juli 2021 um 21:05
Yes, Axis Operations and Pacific are done by different designers, and they will be developed in parallel.

So they outsourced the whole thing and tasked two different teams with the development. And the Axis Operations team delivered. Its a common release cycle for stuff like that.
Development - Announcement - two dev diaries - release two months after first announcement. Works like a charm.

So what happened with pacific? It should have been out over a year ago. If you look at the steam page and the scrennshots you see that at the moment the Pacific product page went live they had basically already done all the heavy lifting.
- Scenario list was already finished (14 for part1)
- Different maps can be seen
- Most if not all models are finished, planes, tanks, ships... all there
- the temporary damage system is also already visible

So lets speculate. For me this seems like a breach of contract case - they just didnt deliver, made excuses (Covid aso) and maybe the team dissolved itself entirely. So we have a legal case up and running and possibly a new team was tasked with finishing the job. Ofc that someting they dont want their customers to know.

Im 100% sure that something like that is the case. Working in a big software company myself I can assure you that thsi is NOT how things work normally.
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

rivvendarke wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:07 am I tried to get some Info from Edmon over at steam but so far that didnt work. Here is my theory based on the little information we have.
I'm here too :).

At the end of the day, I feel like the fact that the game is still being promised and isn't cancelled is the main take away from this announcement.

Sometimes developers need more time, sometimes they need a lot more time.

It's unfortunate and it means we have to wait for a game many of us (including me) really, really want.

But at least we're still going to get it, it seems.

For me, that's the main thing.
Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Idk/imho but I just don't think indulging in negative speculation about who exactly was at fault for what and when is all that productive. It's already a fun game; it has a good modding community, it's still actively being developed-- there's a lot to enjoy about it.

I think constructive criticism can be very helpful, if a dev is open to it, which these guys seem to be luckily (enjoying the new hero mgmt system eg), but scapegoat seeking gets you nowhere but toxic forums
ZappinTotheExtreme
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by ZappinTotheExtreme »

Pls don't rush this dlc or the next one. Hope the dev team's doing well btw!

Did some digging in the game files and found directories for japanese infantry and tank models. I loaded them into the game by editing a few .csv files and the game crashed...

All in all Im eager to see what the devs have planned for the pacific dlc. Naval combat and coastal environment hasn't been properly explored as of yet.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

ThadeusPunkt wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 pm
it has a good modding community
...but if you like to get some answers for modding PC2 - ...
don't u have acces to the beta-forum? lots of ur questions have been answered there if i remember correctly.
ThadeusPunkt wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 pm exactly editor and Lua script tutorials
i started modding this game roughly 2 years ago with the PC1 remake mod. All u need to know about the editor and lua is available, but u have to go get it.

If u have any questions about the editor and lua feel free to ask me.

sers,
Thomas
ZappinTotheExtreme

Post by ZappinTotheExtreme »

i started modding this game roughly 2 years ago with the PC1 remake mod. All u need to know about the editor and lua is available, but u have to go get it.
If u have any questions about the editor and lua feel free to ask me.
Speaking of modding. Is it possible to add completely new 3d models or to just create a model out of the already existing assets. Tried to create a model by mingling with some lines of text in the InfantryModels.csv file. I created a unit for the model in Units.csv. The game crashed when I opened up the unit store :(

I used excel to edit the files btw.

Any help is apprecieted! Thanks in advance!
88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

When I read the update, I have to admit to thinking - what is this? An update that says pretty much nothing except that the game hasn't been canceled. Then the reply came through and I saw the humor in it and hopefully so did the devs.

I didn't perceive it as toxic - maybe a bit snarky, but not toxic. And due to the very limited information that is doled out to our community, a little dig now and then can be expected.

Luckily we have people putting together some great additional content so the looooong delay for the Pacific has been much easier to take.
Thunderhog

Post by Thunderhog »

Edmon wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:28 pm
rivvendarke wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:07 am I tried to get some Info from Edmon over at steam but so far that didnt work. Here is my theory based on the little information we have.
I'm here too :).

At the end of the day, I feel like the fact that the game is still being promised and isn't cancelled is the main take away from this announcement.

Sometimes developers need more time, sometimes they need a lot more time.

It's unfortunate and it means we have to wait for a game many of us (including me) really, really want.

But at least we're still going to get it, it seems.

For me, that's the main thing.
So it's going to be a separate game and not a DLC?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”