Winter 2022/2023 Tournament

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Winter 2022/2023 Tournament

Post by Shards »

Hi,

A tournament for the Winter (/Summer for Antipodes) Months.

A selection of somewhat old, somewhat new and very recent maps for this tournament:

Round 1: Karjalan Kesä

Round 2: Island Hopping

Round 3: Caen
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Winter 2022/2023 Tournament

Post by amenhotep13 »

Hello,

I have subscribed to the OOB winter 22/23 tournament and i'm on the player list. That's ok 😊

But the first scenario (Karjalan kesa) is not on my PBEM++ game's list and when i look to the scores i already have 180 pts 🤔

Could you explain me what happens please ?

Thanks
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Enjoy your stay at the top of the list :wink:
Lateralthinker
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Lateralthinker »

Hello there,

I wanted to play the tournament,but i got the bug: no serial number,client should open to register..

some fast help would be nice, or i cant play the tournament.

thank you
Praeter
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Praeter »

Which DLC do you need to play the tournament? Do you just need one of them so you can access Multiplayer or do I need all of them for the relevant scenarios??
AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AdmiralYamamoto »

amenhotep13 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:32 am Hello,

I have subscribed to the OOB winter 22/23 tournament and i'm on the player list. That's ok 😊

But the first scenario (Karjalan kesa) is not on my PBEM++ game's list and when i look to the scores i already have 180 pts 🤔

Thanks
You have a bye in the first round Amenhotep since there are an odd number of players. Your score is the typical score as generated by the tournament organizers. This scenario was used in the Invitational Spring 2022 tournament in round 1 if you want to go see those scores. For that tournament the 180 point value was the 3rd highest out of 32 players.

You will get an opponent assigned in the next two rounds for sure. Like Eric said, enjoy your time at the top of the list. Yours is now the score to beat.
Admiral Yamamoto
AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Praeter wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:10 pm Which DLC do you need to play the tournament? Do you just need one of them so you can access Multiplayer or do I need all of them for the relevant scenarios??
You do not need to own the DLC for the relevant scenario. You just need to be able to access Multiplayer and I think own at least one DLC.

It looks like you are playing Cowboy00. If you open up the current tournament standings and click on your opponents name, you can see how they did in previous tournaments.
Admiral Yamamoto
Praeter
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Praeter »

AdmiralYamamoto wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:52 pm
Praeter wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:10 pm Which DLC do you need to play the tournament? Do you just need one of them so you can access Multiplayer or do I need all of them for the relevant scenarios??
You do not need to own the DLC for the relevant scenario. You just need to be able to access Multiplayer and I think own at least one DLC.

It looks like you are playing Cowboy00. If you open up the current tournament standings and click on your opponents name, you can see how they did in previous tournaments.
Thanks!!
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

AdmiralYamamoto wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:47 pm
amenhotep13 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:32 am Hello,

Thanks
You have a bye in the first round Amenhotep since there are an odd number of players. Your score is the typical score as generated by the tournament organizers. This scenario was used in the Invitational Spring 2022 tournament in round 1 if you want to go see those scores. For that tournament the 180 point value was the 3rd highest out of 32 players.

You will get an opponent assigned in the next two rounds for sure. Like Eric said, enjoy your time at the top of the list. Yours is now the score to beat.
Hi,

Maybe 180 is a good score but i'm not going to enjoy it : to win without peril in triumph without glory :(
Plus, i doubt this score is a winning one :mrgreen:

Hoping next round i'll have an opponent... :roll:
stevefprice
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by stevefprice »

Have fun all. I didn't join as I'd have been away for nearly 2 weeks of round 3 :(
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

What is up with the MP server?
I got this message when I tried to upload my German deployment turn.
Slitherine is also really slow.
server.jpg
server.jpg (32.13 KiB) Viewed 961 times
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

I have the same issue. Slitherine is very very slow...
vonessling

Post by vonessling »

BEEN TRYING TO PLAY MY TURN AND KEEP GRTTING ERROR 404 SANYING THAT MY GAME ISN'T REGISTERED WHICH IT IS BECAUSE I HAVE PLAY IN TOURNAMENTS BEFORE ,SO WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

vonessling wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:04 pm BEEN TRYING TO PLAY MY TURN AND KEEP GRTTING ERROR 404 SANYING THAT MY GAME ISN'T REGISTERED WHICH IT IS BECAUSE I HAVE PLAY IN TOURNAMENTS BEFORE ,SO WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Hi,

Drop an email to support@slitherine.co.uk with your username, they'll fix it for you. There's an odd configuration bug that's affecting some players who've played previously
AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Let me start by saying that I am not an IT guy but this is what has worked for me when things are not working right with OOB.

The game automatically saves your username and password to a file on your computer. You have to find your "My Games" folder. Mine is under This PC/Documents. Open up your My Games folder. Then open the Order of Battle WW2 folder. Then open the Settings folder. Rename your Options.dat file to OldOptions.dat. Then exit out of all these folders and open up OOB as normal. This should force the game to ask you to input your Username and Password again. Once you reenter this info a new Options.dat file should be saved to those folders we just looked in. Sometimes this clears up problems by getting you resynched with the PBEM server.

If you do not remember your Username and Password, then do not try this.

Hope this helps someone.
Admiral Yamamoto
JHeim
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by JHeim »

I haven’t reliably been getting my emails from the system when it’s my move. Has anyone else been having this issue?
rth
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by rth »

ja ich .... in 2 anderen Turnieren ... Field of Glory II and Field of Glory II Medieval
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

We've had some email issues over the last week that have affected all our mail servers. I just started getting new turn notices again tonight so hopefully that means it's fixed?
Netballman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Netballman »

I'm glad you said that, I thought I was going nuts: I have not received several turn notification emails, and am now just trying to log on multiple times per day to check. Doubly irritating as on current rate of play the game won't be finished by the deadline :( Any chance of a bit of an extension? Not to mention Xmas coming up...!
JHeim

Post by JHeim »

So I acknowledge this might seem like overkill but I have a question about scoring.

I seized a HQ, my opponent re-took it, and then I seized it again for good. When I seized it the second time, I didn’t seem to get any additional points. Do we only get bonus points the first time we seize the HQ?

Also, I ended the game by seizing both HQ. Is there an extra bonus to ending the game this way?

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Multiplayer”