Order of Battle: World War II - Winter 2022/2023 Tournament

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

tebaf3
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle: World War II - Winter 2022/2023 Tournament

Post by tebaf3 »

Winter 2022/2023 Tournament.

Do not miss the chance to sign-up to the new tournament “Winter 2022/2023". You can sign-up here. There will be 3 Tournament Maps:

• Round 1: Karjalan Kesä
  • Round 2: Island Hopping
  • Round 3: Caen

The tournament follows Swiss Tournament rules: you can find the full list of rules here.

The first round will commence on Thursday, 5th December 2022 at 10am GMT. No further entries can be accepted after the tournament has begun.

The tournament will last 3 rounds, 15 days each. Games are paired, so each matchup will be played both ways. All you need to do is sign up, then the system will pair you with opponents and create your PBEM++ games. You will be notified by mail of when the tournament is starting and when it will be time to play your turns
pupski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - Winter 2022/2023 Tournament

Post by pupski »

Everything going well with the points counting? No buggggs? I just dropped from 129 (non logical points) to 80 points (insert laughing smiley). The latest score was the right one so there is probably no problem, I was just a bit Euphoric.
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

Hello,

There is something i don't understand in one of my game : amenhotep13 playing red vs dolphin0810 playing blue in the scenario Island Hopping

I suppose the scenario is well balanced between the 2 players so at start each one has 12 sea CP (meaning 3 cruisers, which me and my opponent built)

At turn 5 we got 3 sea CP more which mean only 1 destroyer to be produced.

So i don't understand why my opponent was able to construct 2 more cruisers 🤔 (either if i sunk 2 of 3 he has got at start)

I must precise that at this moment (the turn before i saw these 2 cruisers appear) we had 2 silver flags each (i just lost one now 😢)

Is it a bug or something i could have missed ?

Thanks,

I must precise that on the other game (the one i have the blue) i could just build 1 destroyer in turn 5 and i have 3 silver flags...
AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AdmiralYamamoto »

Yes, your math is correct regarding the naval CP's. There is no way to acquire 5 cruisers. That would require 20 Naval CP's and the maximum you get with reinforcements is only 15. The amount of silver flags have no affect on how many Naval CP's you have. If you have sunk one or two cruisers then your opponent would get those CP's back to rebuild more ships. I have not encountered any bugs in this scenario having played it a couple of times.

Is there any chance some of those enemy cruisers are repair ships? The icon would be about the same size as a cruiser. The repair ships only cost 3 CP's so there would be the possibility of having 5 of them on the map at one time. They are listed under the Cruiser title for purchased units. This would be pretty odd though.
Admiral Yamamoto
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

AdmiralYamamoto wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:51 pm Yes, your math is correct regarding the naval CP's. There is no way to acquire 5 cruisers. That would require 20 Naval CP's and the maximum you get with reinforcements is only 15. The amount of silver flags have no affect on how many Naval CP's you have. If you have sunk one or two cruisers then your opponent would get those CP's back to rebuild more ships. I have not encountered any bugs in this scenario having played it a couple of times.

Is there any chance some of those enemy cruisers are repair ships? The icon would be about the same size as a cruiser. The repair ships only cost 3 CP's so there would be the possibility of having 5 of them on the map at one time. They are listed under the Cruiser title for purchased units. This would be pretty odd though.
My opponent's boats are really cruisers (or they are support ships with BIG guns 😁)
If its sunk ships gave him returned CP why my lost one didn't give me so ?
In the other game (where i'm blue), i lost DDs and didn't have returned CP to replace them ?!
And regarding CP's i never got them returned with killed units neither ground, sea nore air 😕
Maybe i'm cursed 😁
conboy
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by conboy »

Amenhotep13,
Is it possible that the units destroyed were your auxiliary units? You don't get the CPs returned for them. You should have had two destroyers, one recon plane, one engineer unit, and one airborne unit at the start as auxiliary units. If they're killed, you don't get the CPs back.

conboy
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

conboy wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:04 pm Amenhotep13,
Is it possible that the units destroyed were your auxiliary units? You don't get the CPs returned for them. You should have had two destroyers, one recon plane, one engineer unit, and one airborne unit at the start as auxiliary units. If they're killed, you don't get the CPs back.

conboy
I know that. I have more than 3000 hours playing this game 😉
I'll check but i'm quite sure one of the air unit was a core one (P47 bought at start)
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

conboy wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:04 pm Amenhotep13,

conboy
You are right! I made a big mistake killing too many of his core units allowing him to replace them
Of course his financial assets must be lower than mine but since in this scenarion we are rich 😊it's not a big problem for him
I'll never make this mistake again 😁
N.B : checking my planes... i lost none except the auxiliary recon
psampson10
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by psampson10 »

My opponent in the current tournament has been radio silent for over a week with our games stcuk on turn 5 - is there any mechanism for contacting him and getting him to take his turns? Many thanks.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

psampson10 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:17 am My opponent in the current tournament has been radio silent for over a week with our games stcuk on turn 5 - is there any mechanism for contacting him and getting him to take his turns? Many thanks.
You can try sending him a PM (Private Message)
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

Hello,

I don't know if it's the right place to write this but i'm not receiving mails when it's my turn to play anymore althought all the features are "subscribed" in my profile

Why ?

Thanks
conboy

Post by conboy »

Amenhotep,

Unfortunately, all mine are routed to Spam folder. Can't fix it, thanks Xfinity!

conboy
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

I would like it 😉but they are not even in the spams. No mails at all. And this is not only with Slitherine : all mails coming from any forums (followed posts) are not received.

This worked perfectly and all of a sudden nothing. 🤔
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

I'd recommend a mail to support@slitherine.co.uk
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

Thanks Shards, i'll do that
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

Hi,

There is something i don't understand in the calculation of the victory points in my games
Scenario Caen. Opponent Dolphin0810

Seen from my side...

In my 2 games i was victorious (the last screen showed Victory)
In one of them i scored 75VP, my opponent scored 61VP. I don't remember the VP on the second game, all i remember is that i have a few VP more than him
My total score is 138 (so supposedly i had 63pts in the 2nd game wich give the total of 138)
My opponent has a total of 185. So it seems he has earned 185-61=124VP in the 2nd game
How is it possible ?
Does somebody can explain to me please ?

Thanks,

Return to “Order of Battle Series”