More expansions for Medieval?

Field of Glory II: Medieval

Moderator: rbodleyscott

Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Re: More expansions for Medieval?

Post by Athos1660 »

Italian wars need new units with firepower. Renaissance…
MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by MVP7 »

Athos1660 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:02 am
MVP7 wrote: If I recall correctly, both P&S and FoG2 use the same engine
I don't think so.
They do though. It has been mentioned before that FoG2 uses Archon which is a newer version of the engine that P&S, SJ and Battle Academy used. If you look at the files of the games you can see the games share the same structure, file types, and even many files and methods. I don't remember exactly where but you can even find references to WW2 strategic bombers somewhere in FoG2 files.
locustmustdie wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:47 am There're many famous European scenarios FoG2M not contained yet,why so hurry?
Italian wars and Commonwealth-Russian wars have not been exploited yet.
if must chose one,Ottoman-Safavi Ottoman-Russia Ottoman-Hungarian wars are among my most wanted
It has been said by RBS that FoG2 Medieval won't go beyond 1500 AD. For the 16th century and beyond we'd be talking about a hypothetical Pike & Shot 2 or FoG2 Renaissance.
Last edited by MVP7 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

MVP7 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:01 pm
MVP7 wrote: If I recall correctly, both P&S and FoG2 use the same engine
I don't think so.
They do though. It has been mentioned before that FoG2 uses Archon which is a never version of the engine that P&S, SJ and Battle Academy used. If you look at the files of the games you can see the games share the same structure, file types, and even many files and methods. I don't remember exactly where but you can even find references to WW2 strategic bombers somewhere in FoG2 files.
The ARCHON engine (used in FOG2 and FOG2 Medieval) is the successor to the old STUB engine used in Pike and Shot.

It contains many new programming features not available in STUB. Those features cannot therefore be used in Pike and Shot mods.
Richard Bodley Scott

MVP7

Post by MVP7 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:08 pm

I don't think so.
They do though. It has been mentioned before that FoG2 uses Archon which is a never version of the engine that P&S, SJ and Battle Academy used. If you look at the files of the games you can see the games share the same structure, file types, and even many files and methods. I don't remember exactly where but you can even find references to WW2 strategic bombers somewhere in FoG2 files.
The ARCHON engine (used in FOG2 and FOG2 Medieval) is the successor to the old STUB engine used in Pike and Shot.

It contains many new programming features not available in STUB. Those features cannot therefore be used in Pike and Shot mods.
Thanks. Could the STUB have technically handled similar multi-model units as the FoG2 has or was that option something new added by Archon?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

MVP7 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:29 pm
rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:08 pm

Thanks. Could the STUB have technically handled similar multi-model units as the FoG2 has or was that option something new added by Archon?
STUB can certainly handle multi-model units, but (IIRC) does not have the tools necessary to make them adopt rank and file formations.
Richard Bodley Scott

Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

Bon... ben... it only remains to write one's letter to Santa Claus :-)
Sometimes it works.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”