[Gameplay Bug][Wrong Upgrade-Costs in Naval Transport][Old]

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

[Gameplay Bug][Wrong Upgrade-Costs in Naval Transport][Old]

Post by Horst »

When upgrading units while being in naval transports on water, the series-discount is ignored.
Example, Infantry '43 (purchase cost: 45) to '44 (50):
Upgrade from land or reserve list shows 25 RP (50% discount for land/air series upgrades)
Upgrade-Bug-SeaTransport1.jpg
Upgrade-Bug-SeaTransport1.jpg (361.26 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Upgrade from naval transport shows 40 RP (80% discount for land/air non-series upgrades)
Upgrade-Bug-SeaTransport2.jpg
Upgrade-Bug-SeaTransport2.jpg (355.11 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Last edited by Horst on Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: [Gameplay Bug][Wrong Upgrade-Costs in Sea Transport][Old]

Post by GabeKnight »

Yeah, good find. The game always had problems with that.

And if this issue really may get addressed, then they could also fix the problem that land units in naval transports exiting the map refund naval CP.

It's super obvious in the Allied/Dunkirk scen.
Horst

Re: [Gameplay Bug][Wrong Upgrade-Costs in Naval Transport][Old]

Post by Horst »

I loaded a saved game of the last turn of my Dunkirk scenario playthrough, and yes, my custom core-unit of 1 cp in a naval transport indeed net me 1 naval CP when exiting.
However, if I test this on a different map, I rather see land unit CP gained correctly. I also used an Exit hex, like in Dunkirk.
Not sure why this is happening in Dunkirk. :?
Maybe the transition from land to naval unit by port is the problem... no, that gave me land-cp either.
No clue. Placed from reserve-list and preplaced on the map gives the same correct result when using a port and exiting.
Need to study the Dunkirk map...
Ah, I think it has maybe something to do with the Exit triggers Remove Unit by Exit effect. That's normally not the automated Exit-hex procedure to remove the unit before it normally lands back to the Reserve list or somewhere.
It removes only the naval transport when it is on one of the exits at turn start. Okay, not sure if this Remove Unit effect is actually needed. Should maybe be enough to count whatever British land or better also naval transport unit is/was on the exit at turn start - if the units are still there before the automatic removal.
Heh,sorry, I'm too lazy to test a modified version of this scenario.
Anyways, I think it's rather an unfortunate usage of triggers instead of a faulty game mechanic.
Naval-Transport-CP1.jpg
Naval-Transport-CP1.jpg (398.97 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Naval-Transport-CP2.jpg
Naval-Transport-CP2.jpg (381.56 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Applepie68
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: [Gameplay Bug][Wrong Upgrade-Costs in Sea Transport][Old]

Post by Applepie68 »

GabeKnight wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:59 pm Yeah, good find. The game always had problems with that.

And if this issue really may get addressed, then they could also fix the problem that land units in naval transports exiting the map refund naval CP.

It's super obvious in the Allied/Dunkirk scen.
Yeah I’m so glad someone found out why. I was really confused when I first stumbled across the bug and couldn’t figure out why
GabeKnight

Re: [Gameplay Bug][Wrong Upgrade-Costs in Naval Transport][Old]

Post by GabeKnight »

Horst wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:29 pm Anyways, I think it's rather an unfortunate usage of triggers instead of a faulty game mechanic.
Thanks for the clarification, Horst. :)

Okay then, it seems the old naval/land CP bug has been fixed at some point. Good to know.

Return to “Order of Battle Bug Submissions”