The Eye of The Storm (EoTS): Closed

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

anderarcos11
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: The Eye of The Storm (EoTS): Ongoing

Post by anderarcos11 »

The possibility of changing is interesting, but it is also good that each player appropriates his army. I would leave it as a possibility, worse in principle, that each army has its head.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

kronenblatt wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:05 pm
Karvon wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:19 pm I thought players were supposed to include that info as part of their sides deployment orders?
No, that isn't the case currently. But we could maybe change to such a setup, either each army being fixed to a specific player, or as you mention above, it being specified (and thus can be changed) every round when movement instructions are submitted.
I think we should have a list of player-generals. As generals have MP limit, that restricts who could command where from turn to turn. I suggest general markers be added to the map, so we know where these are; I've done that with my cyberboard set. I think armies without generals should be designated as under command of a player at the time orders are submitted. I think these commands could be rotated on a yearly basis, or on the death of a CiC in battle.

Karvon
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
anderarcos11

Post by anderarcos11 »

Army 1 is controlled by anderarcos11, Army 2. is controlled by SpeedyCM and Army 3. is controlled by Triarii
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

For everyone’s information, it’s fine this round for the Roman forces in their five games to be commanded by five different players.
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
anderarcos11

Post by anderarcos11 »

kronenblatt wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:59 am For everyone’s information, it’s fine this round for the Roman forces in their five games to be commanded by five different players.
Ok, We need to know who has which to do the challenges
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

anderarcos11 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:19 am Ok, We need to know who has which to do the challenges
True. Roman faction: please post such information.

And also good if everyone posts challenges and game setups as well as results in this thread, so the rest can be updated on what’s going on.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

For next round and onwards, factions submit, as part of movement instructions, information about who of its players is commanding its respective armies.

The main rule is then that those players will also command their armies in the engagements that round.

However, if an army will fight more than one engagement in a round, other players (who would otherwise not have played any games) may play some of these games, as long as the original player plays at least one of them. For the purpose of involving more players regularly in the games, for the fun of it.

carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

The Roman line up:

1.1 Gothic army I (1630 FP) versus Roman army I (1570 FP). Edb1815 vs anderarcross Edb1815 sets up
1.2 Gothic army II (1600 FP) versus Roman army I (1600 FP). Aetius39 Vs SpeedyCM Aetius sets up
Battle 2
2.1 Roman army III (1660 FP) versus Sassanid army II (1540 FP). Ironclad Sassanid set up
2.2 Roman army IV (1630 FP) versus Sassanid army II (1570 FP). Holien Sassanid set up
2.3 Roman army IV (1690 FP) versus Sassanid army IV (1510 FP). Nathangun vs Karvon Sassanid set up

Reserve / resting carpenkm
Nathangun
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Nathangun »

I'm getting email alerts for private messages but unable to read them "they're on hold".
Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Ironclad »

Who is commanding Sassanid Army II in its two battles?
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Ironclad wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:49 pm Who is commanding Sassanid Army II in its two battles?
markleslie is commanding army 2.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Nathangun wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:21 pm I'm getting email alerts for private messages but unable to read them "they're on hold".
Check your private message folders. There's a limit of 100 for each of them. If you are at the limit, you won't be able to send/receive mail
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

2.3 Roman army IV (1690 FP) versus Sassanid army IV (1510 FP). Nathangun vs Karvon Sassanid set up

Game's up.

pw karvon

PM sent.
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Karvon wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:00 pm
Nathangun wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:21 pm I'm getting email alerts for private messages but unable to read them "they're on hold".
Check your private message folders. There's a limit of 100 for each of them. If you are at the limit, you won't be able to send/receive mail
You have to select old ones and then delete from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page. then confirm it. You then click on the release messages link at the top in the text telling you that you have messages on hold. It's a bit of a pain.
edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by edb1815 »

1.1 Gothic army I (1630 FP) versus Roman army I (1570 FP). Edb1815 vs anderarcross11

Game set up. Hopefully it is correct :)

PM sent with Psw
anderarcos11

Post by anderarcos11 »

edb1815 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:18 pm 1.1 Gothic army I (1630 FP) versus Roman army I (1570 FP). Edb1815 vs anderarcross11

Game set up. Hopefully it is correct :)

PM sent with Psw
Accepted. Looks correct.
markleslie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by markleslie »

Game set PM sent, to be completed before the 14th of Feb.

Ironclad
2.1 Sassanid army II (1540 FP) versus Roman army III (1660 FP)
Middle Eastern Agricultural 40x32. Sassanid player sets up.

Holien
2.2 Sassanid army II (1570 FP) versus Roman army IV (1630 FP)
Holien
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Holien »

Accepted
markleslie

Post by markleslie »

markleslie wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:45 am Ironclad
2.1 Sassanid army II (1540 FP) versus Roman army III (1660 FP)
The battle of Skull Hill has been won by the peace loving Persians in defence of their sacred lands 55-28.

The Roman army crushed, fleeing in panic, pursued without mercy.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Karvon’s Sassanids with Beduoin allies defeated nathangun’s Romans 42-12.

We met the Romans near a small oasis in the hills of the desert. A large steep hill dominated the middle of the field with a few smaller hills scattered further off to our left. The oasis was to the right of the large hill a bit, with a few rough patches strewn between them creating a rather uneven narrow avenue of advance on our center right.

We divided our army into seven divisions. A small division of light foot deployed along our side of the central hill. Our light horse formed a division screening the front of our army. Two divisions of horse archers deployed side by side behind the screen. A small division of our elephant and camels formed up behind the horse archers. Finally, our Bedouin lancers formed up in the rear as a reserve.

The Romans deployed a strong infantry force. A deep column of legio, backed by auxiliaries and limitari lined up opposite the gap between the hill and oasis. A hand full of lights screened the front two small cavalry divisions, a mix of lancers and light spears initially covered each flank. A couple of light horse scouts were dispatched to their far right.

Our plan was fairly straightforward; our lights supported by our horse archers would drive off the opposing enemy lights and try to shoot up the enemy horse. One of our horse archer divisions would swing wide right of the oasis and attempt to flank the Roman infantry. Our elephant and camels would back up the horse archers and help deal with the enemy lancers. Our Bedouin lancers would deal with any cavalry that overpursued evaders or broken troops and help doorstop Roman foot once the enemy lights and horse were taken care of.

The Romans advanced determinedly down the avenue, moving their cavalry up to closely support their light screen. Our own light lancers chased back or ran down most of the opposing lights leaving the Roman cavalry fairly exposed to the combined fire of our own light foot and horse archers leading to the rapid disruption of most of them. The Roman cavalry charged do contact our lights who scampered clear due to engaging at longer range. Most of the Roman horse was subsequently shot down and our elephant moved up and trampled one surviving lancer. Our lights and a couple of horse chased the survivors back through the oncoming Roman foot. One of our lancers got pinned and a protracted battle begin as other foot shifted to join and flank the melee.

Our right horse archer division supported by a detached lancer moved across the rear of the Roman army. The Romans turned the limitari and a few auxiliaries about to face this threat, while most of the legio and remaining auxiliaries pushed on. These drove back some of our horse archers screening the gap, but at the cost of splitting up their formation and opening their flanks to counter attacks.

The two lone Roman light horse scouts from the far right arrived on our rear behind the hill to find several of our own light lancers waiting for them. A bit of a skirmish ran for awhile but with our superior numbers we eventually drove off or destroyed them.

We threw a mix of horse archers and lancers onto the overextended legio and rather quickly disrupted the three lead units. The lancers pinned them allowing the horse archers to move off and regroup. The Roman heavy infantry fought grimly, slowly driving us back, but suffering a fair number of losses for their efforts. One rallied, but we managed to finally break another, further exposing the remaining front line units.

Our elephant which had trampled and chased off a lancer got stuck near the oasis and I gambled throwing it into a nearby archer auxiliary unit rather than simply get pin cushioned before I could safely extract it. This did not go so well, but the elephant hung in there for awhile, tying up several infantry in the process.

The rear Roman infantry line began a series of fallback away from our approaching flanking division of horse archers to get closer to their front line compatriots. Unfortunately for them, this led to a couple of disorders, including the limitari holding the extreme end of their right. Our horse archers cantered up and unleashed a barrage of arrows fragmenting them and one of our flanking light lancers charged in and swept them away.

At the same time the last of the Roman cavalry made a final dash to try to catch a horse archer and suffered a hail of arrows from surrounding lights for their efforts leading to a final break.

And with those final losses, the Romans had enough and retired from the field under the watchful eyes of our surrounding horse.
Attachments
e0ts01.jpg
e0ts01.jpg (174.73 KiB) Viewed 318 times

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”